1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

False Pax Claim Gets Me Deactivated By Lyft

Discussion in 'Atlanta' started by RideshareGodfatherATL, Jul 26, 2017.

1. RideshareGodfatherATL

RideshareGodfatherATL

Driving:
    UberX
    Today, 7/26/17, I received an email this morning from Lyft's Critical Response Line at 8:09 am. The email states that they had "received a report alleging I seemed to be intoxicated or were in possession of a substance while driving." What type of substance? For the record, I do not even drink alcohol and certainly do not use illegal substances. Because of this false claim, I have been deactivated from the platform while they investigate the allegation. Strangely, my last Lyft ride was on 7/25/17 at 6:45am. If it is so critical, why did it take more than 24 hours for me to get the deactivation email? For reference, I currently have a perfect 5.0 star rating with Uber (41 rides) and until this allegation, I had a 5.0 star rating with Lyft (I have only been using the Lyft platform for 6 days - 18 rides). I now have a 4.64 star rating with Lyft.

With that said, I know I am new to the rideshare community, but I take pride in what I do. I make sure I have mints, gum, water and a very clean car. I also ask the rider what genre of music they would like and also verify the air temperature is fine. If I sense they do not want to chat, I stay quiet and vice versa.

I have sent 4 emails in response to this deactivation and I have not had one reply from Lyft.

I know I have seen similar reports online about this. Any new ideas to get this expedited so I can get back on the platform? Also, what is the recourse for the rider making the false claim??

2. Good luck! I don't know a single driver getting reactivated on Lyft.

2Cents likes this.
  3. RideshareGodfatherATL

RideshareGodfatherATL

Driving:
    UberX
    I think I will drive down to the Lyft Office on Howell Mill tomorrow to speak to them in person. This is ridiculous! All probably because the pax wanted to scam a free ride...

john2g1 likes this.
  4. Disgusted Driver

Disgusted Driver

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    stop with the mints, fun, water. It only marks you as a rube and you can't afford it.

Dash cam? If not, you don't have much. trying to sue pax would be a difficult task because you'll have a hard time getting their name and then moving it past a he said, she said.

SpeedyGonzalez11 and KMANDERSON like this.
  5. RideshareGodfatherATL

RideshareGodfatherATL

Driving:
    UberX
    No Dash cam. Does Lyft typically do this? I am temporarily deactivated so I assume I will hear something from them at some point.

Do they not know that riders have figured out they can scam a free ride by doing this?

6. Disgusted Driver

Disgusted Driver

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Of course hope for the best and fight it if you can but for them its just risk mitigation. Easier to fire you than get hit with lawsuit if its true. Sucks but we are just pawns in the game.

7. KMANDERSON

KMANDERSON

Driving:
    UberX
    Try ask lyft on twitter

SpeedyGonzalez11 likes this.
  8. Raven087

Raven087

Did you do other rides around the same time? Ask Lyft to follow up with the other passengers about your condition.

You sure you weren't having a Tiger Woods reaction to medication?

9. MiamiKid

MiamiKid

Would, definitely, go to the Lyft Hub. Also, if you aren't already driving for Uber, consider doing so.

And good luck with this. It is just awful these rideshare companies take the rider's side no matter what. This could, literally, happen to anyone.

10. I did not know they had an office in ATL.

11. This is standard operating procedure. Lyft takes 4-7 days to get back to you... Uber is usually a little quicker. About a week and you'll be back with a stern warning.

12. The hub is a joke. They have no authority to overturn Lyft support decisions.

13. At 6:45 a.m. you had just probably been driving way too long and we're tired and that's what the rider saw don't drive 24 hours a day

14. RideshareGodfatherATL

RideshareGodfatherATL

Driving:
    UberX
    I did just that today. And I tagged @clarkhoward as well. Within 2 minutes, @AskLyft replied asking for a DM with my phone and email info. Long story short, I received an email within 5 minutes from Lyft "Support" stating I was now reactivated. Of course they explained the policy... blah blah blah. I replied with a thank you and offered some advice. I told them that as a veteran of sales and customer service management for over 20 years, I recommend they communicate expectations to the drivers when this happens. That would alleviate some of the frustration. Sticking their head under a rock with no reply only heightens the frustration on the drivers.

So in the end, I was put in "time-out" for 29 hours total. No big corporation wants negative reports on social media.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2017
    SpeedyGonzalez11 and KMANDERSON like this.
  15. RideshareGodfatherATL

RideshareGodfatherATL

Driving:
    UberX
    I am getting a dashcam. Any suggestions? Not looking to spend $300 either.

16. RideshareGodfatherATL

RideshareGodfatherATL

Driving:
    UberX
    I am sure my system was clean. No booze or drugs legal or not).

Lyft hub is on Howell Mill just past the Walmart.

I had a scheduled pickup for 6:30am that morning.

I do drive for Uber. Recently decided to add Lyft. Run both at same time. When I get a hit on one, I go offline on the other.

SpeedyGonzalez11 and MiamiKid like this.
  17. POOLKiller

POOLKiller

Driving:
    UberX
    You deserved to get deactivated for doing all this bull poop. I hope you learn your lesson. These ****ers don't give a **** about you.

18. Fubernuber

Fubernuber

Mints and water at a dollar a mile before their 25% cut? You must be on something. I dont believe you.
    In all seriousness. Take less pride being their slave and look for ways to **** them and their cheap passengers

19. If you mean what is the recourse for a driver when a pax makes a false claim, there is none. If you mean what are the consequences for a pax making a false accusation, again the answer is none.

20. RideshareGodfatherATL

RideshareGodfatherATL

Driving:
    UberX
    This was an eye opener for sure. From now on I will continue to be courteous, but no more freebies!

I did use the wrong wording. Uber and Lyft should however track riders that consistently give poor ratings and make safety claims, etc. Kick them off the platform. Then I guess they would get sued so that will never happen!

You have a point and after this incident, my perspective has definitely changed. Fortunately, my mints and gum came from the dollar store and I bought a 32 pack of water at Walmart for $2.68 so I am not out much money. Plus I can expense it for taxes anyway.

No more freebies from now on though!

Now you do. I will consider it beginner's luck.

negeorgia and MiamiKid like this.