False driving under the influence report AGAIN! :(

Kindness

I just got my second false report this month, both times I went to the police and asked for a report (writing on a card with officer signature and note) I have a dashcam and I offered my footage to uber but their responses are robotic and it’s just a lost cause I’m TERRIFIED if this happens to me again because it will lead to a perma deactivation! Should I go get a drug test ASAP I don’t drink or do any drugs at all! I don’t even drink on weekends that’s not my cup of tea! I’m thinking about getting a hair drug alcohol testing because those can go back up to 90 days!? Every day I drive I feel depressed terrified that some spiteful hateful person will hurt me with a false report. It’s already two reports this month and I don’t know what to do I just got reactivated again but I don’t know what to do I’m solely sticking to uber eats now the less I deal with people the better I would appreciate any tips ?? I’m someone who needs to work and this is the only job I can do because of my injury I love with fear everyday that I will lose this job and I’m tired of it ?

Last edited:

ZenUber

It sounds like it may be the way you are presenting yourself, and/or the way you are driving. Try to imagine how a sober driver looks and behaves, and how a drunk driver looks and behaves. If it’s just unprovoked accusations by pax, it’s beyond what the rest of us are experiencing, and there’s probably nothing you can do about it.

BigBadJohn

Look at driving rideshare as a circus. We are all clowns, walking the tightrope providing entertainment to the pax. Each ride is a new show and you are only as good as your last performance. You might try playing "Circus Music" and provide popcorn and peanuts during the rides. Hope this helps!

Trafficat

Another new member who claims got reported for DUI here this is becoming a trend here.
Paxholes want them free rides and they know how to get 'em.

Uber is only a temporary job. It is only a matter of time before even the best drivers are deactivated. 4.97 rated and completed 20,000 trips? But Uber does not care. It could probably be only 3 false complaints in 9 years and you're still done. Drivers are expendable. You can always find another driver.

Lostmymarbles

This is a trend and there seems to be no good options for drivers. I’ve looked into filing small claims against the passenger that reported me. It is really hard to get a Subpoena duces tecum without an attorney to obtain the pax info for the lawsuit. I really wanted to go after the pax but I just don't have the time and not willing to spend the money on it. It would be great if a group of drivers were willing to spend the time and money to go after a few pax and set a precedent for the rest of the drivers to follow. Short of that, I would say that it really is just a numbers game for when you will be deactivated

Another Uber Driver

It is usually a passenger who is trying to hustle a free ride. There are Facebook and Twitter groups where people tell the users to tell Uber or Lyft the driver was drunk so that they can get free rides.

Rumour has it that after the third false report, Uber will de-activate you. Sign up for Lyft while you still can.

R3drang3r

I just got my second false report this month, both times I went to the police and asked for a report (writing on a card with officer signature and note) I have a dashcam and I offered my footage to uber but their responses are robotic and it’s just a lost cause I’m TERRIFIED if this happens to me again because it will lead to a perma deactivation! Should I go get a drug test ASAP I don’t drink or do any drugs at all! I don’t even drink on weekends that’s not my cup of tea! I’m thinking about getting a hair drug alcohol testing because those can go back up to 90 days!? Every day I drive I feel depressed terrified that some spiteful hateful person will hurt me with a false report. It’s already two reports this month and I don’t know what to do I just got reactivated again but I don’t know what to do I’m solely sticking to uber eats now the less I deal with people the better I would appreciate any tips ?? I’m someone who needs to work and this is the only job I can do because of my injury I love with fear everyday that I will lose this job and I’m tired of it ?
One false DUI claim could happen to anybody. Two DUI claims in a single month, suggests there is a problem.

It could be something that you're doing. Or the particular Market that you're working.

A change is highly recommended.

homelesswarlock

Download the Zillow real estate app. Where the rent is less than $1,000 or the house values are less than 200k, don’t drive in those areas because the pax there are often cost-burdened. When a person has to allocate 50% of their income for rent or 30% of income for a house payment, they must find ways to trim expenses or risk being homeless.

9A622ADC-6DDE-4BEE-B4D1-8522BB25B570.png

The screenshot above is Uptown in Minneapolis. The pax here fall into the “entitled millennials” category. The parking here sucks and when the city surges, these are the pax that are looking for partial refunds.

B08339E1-4E69-45B3-8122-B61DFAA902C1.jpeg

Rich people are the best because they like hearing my stories of being a peasant Uber driver.

Last edited:

I_Like_Spam

I don't know why you'd be "TERRIFIED" in all caps about this. I'm sure that it would not be the first time you have been fired.

However, this kind of thing happens,as pax are looking for free rides, their friends were probably comp'ed after similar complaints made to Uber, and they are going to the same well.

If you stay out of the local Ghettos, you'll avoid a large percentage of this kind of conniving passenger looking to save money.

Merc7186

Look at driving rideshare as a circus. We are all clowns, walking the tightrope providing entertainment to the pax. Each ride is a new show and you are only as good as your last performance. You might try playing "Circus Music" and provide popcorn and peanuts during the rides. Hope this helps!
@SadUber , where are you on this???

Seamus

Widely known, 3 strikes and your out. 1 more and you are gone for certain. Have a backup plan and run multiple apps cause its coming.
OR,
Start driving days only, avoid bad neighborhoods, take pax rated 4.8 or higher only.

Last edited:

Michael1230nj

Seems like a lot of drama going on out there. I guess working nights and bar close is a really tough way to go. I am not a very good driver but I have never had a complaint like those so frequently mentioned on this Forum.

Gtown Driver

I just got my second false report this month, both times I went to the police and asked for a report (writing on a card with officer signature and note) I have a dashcam and I offered my footage to uber but their responses are robotic and it’s just a lost cause I’m TERRIFIED if this happens to me again because it will lead to a perma deactivation!
They say the dash cam helps sooooo much :rolleyes:

Maybe from sexual harassment case in court, but as far as your job is concerned you're still deactivated when they want you to be. Uber and Lyft don't care about your clear HD evidence.

Sucks that the dredges of rideshare is your only way to get a job. This a shitty only job to have and especially to be DEPENDENT on. Uber and Lyft aren't real, employee based companies. The more you try to bend your back and plead that you aren't a druggy, the worst it will get for you. Just know they don't give a shit about you and you'll learn to live with it.

Good luck and hope something else is out there for you if the worst happens.

BigRedDriver

It is usually a passenger who is trying to hustle a free ride. There are Facebook and Twitter groups where people tell the users to tell Uber or Lyft the driver was drunk so that they can get free rides.

Rumour has it that after the third false report, Uber will de-activate you. Sign up for Lyft while you still can.
I’ve been saying this for months. These groups are organized criminal activity and this should be brought up to EVERY STATE ATTORNEY GENERAL and the feds should use RICO to stop them.

Seamus

Seems like a lot of drama going on out there. I guess working nights and bar close is a really tough way to go. I am not a very good driver but I have never had a complaint like those so frequently mentioned on this Forum.
The freaks come out at night! If you want the true rideshare experience try driving a few Friday/Saturday Midnight to 4 a.m. shifts. Its a different world.

UberAdrian

I’m shocked at all you recalcitrants questioning OP as if it’s some huge stretch that he encountered 2 scammers in 1 month. Lol to you!! He has police reports...I’m inclined to believe him.

This is why I stand by my position that the current rideshare environment is a covert war and recommend all drivers employee guerilla tactics to fight back tooth and nail until we win.

When someone can just walk up to you and destroy your livelihood with mere allegations they fabricated on the spot, that is an act of war. When the companies enable this fraud for profit, that is an act of war. It’s exactly the same as when the British tried to destroy the American colonies with high taxes. Did the Americans bend over and pay or did they rebel and fight back?

Screw over all pax until they and the companies get the message to stop abusing drivers. There are no innocent pax. They are all automatically complicit by using the service and implicitly supporting the fascist policies that started the war. If more pax get screwed and stop using the service, the companies will forced to comply and this type of thing wouldn’t happen anymore.

OP - the only way to prevent this is to scare and intimidate your pax into not daring to mess with you. You gotta make them believe you will show up in their bedroom on Christmas in the dead of night and execute them if they step out of line for one second. Such is the nature of war.