Uber Drivers Forum banner
  • If you have joined UberPeople.net because your Uber account was hacked, you've likely been taken in by a scam. Please read this before starting a thread on this subject.

False allegations by rider!!!!

29K views 83 replies 49 participants last post by  DriverMckiver 
#1 ·
I recently had my driver account temp disabled because a rider contacted trust and safety ! Telling the rep that I was UNDER THE INFLUENCE. . That was the message that I received 2 weeks ago. I immediately responded to the email expressing how shocked I was! I understand that the Rideshare platform needs to protect itself from any liability but on the other hand I find it very displeasing that all it takes is one unhappy passenger contacting safety saying that I or any other driver was under the influence. If that was the case why would you get in my car if that were true?? Smh.. I sent handfuls of messages wantingn some kind of explanation or update anything on what was going on but with no response. I do not understand how it takes almost two weeks in my case for a response and the response was very short all it said is that thank you for your time and patience as we investigated this matter your account has been reactivated. A small victory but like I told them why is it so easy for a ride or to be able to falsely accuse a driver and the driver be immediately deactivated and no other info is given. What I learned from all of this is that yes I was under the influence but not of alcohol or drugs I was under the influence that Uber and or Lyft would have the driver back in situations as such. I feel that this system that they have in place now is not cutting it one bit I have heard so many things online of people being deactivated for false allegations and not allowed to return to the platform which is very sad I guess in the end the only thing that has our back is our driver's seat and the floor just had to get that out have a nice night

See less See more
#46 ·
I'm on my 2nd deactivation.

1. Saturday night February 25 Newport Beach California. Arrived at location pax gets in, I start trip. Pax ask to take him to Del Taco first. I replied please change destination in rider app. He says never mind and cancelled the ride. Rider got charged 7.54 cancellation fee. A couple hours later I get a message from Uber stating I started the trip when I should have cancelled it and I wouldn't be getting the cancellation fee. Come Monday morning app deactivated. Received a message stating a pax stated I crashed my car and left the scene of a accident. Reactivated after sending pix of car with. I damage.

2. Recivied a message saying we are investigating a complaint made by one of your recent riders. Been 3 days still haven't heard from Uber and have no clue what this is about. I went to green light hub and was told there's nothing they can do. And that I was suspended for refusing service. That's it.

Just FYI I've maintained a 4.85 rating and I wear a white shirt and tie when I drive. That's called professionalism.

#47 ·
I'm on my 2nd deactivation.

1. Saturday night February 25 Newport Beach California. Arrived at location pax gets in, I start trip. Pax ask to take him to Del Taco first. I replied please change destination in rider app. He says never mind and cancelled the ride. Rider got charged 7.54 cancellation fee. A couple hours later I get a message from Uber stating I started the trip when I should have cancelled it and I wouldn't be getting the cancellation fee. Come Monday morning app deactivated. Received a message stating a pax stated I crashed my car and left the scene of a accident. Reactivated after sending pix of car with. I damage.

2. Recivied a message saying we are investigating a complaint made by one of your recent riders. Been 3 days still haven't heard from Uber and have no clue what this is about. I went to green light hub and was told there's nothing they can do. And that I was suspended for refusing service. That's it.

Just FYI I've maintained a 4.85 rating and I wear a white shirt and tie when I drive. That's called professionalism.
Send him a cleaning fee.
He likes games ?
He wants revenge ?
Send him a bill.

#48 ·
I recently had my driver account temp disabled because a rider contacted trust and safety ! Telling the rep that I was UNDER THE INFLUENCE. . That was the message that I received 2 weeks ago.
Complaints from customers seeking free rides is something to be expected. Sneaking a dead cockroach into a restaurant to put on your plate after a meal is a time honored way to squeeze out a free meal.

This idea is easy for the customers, a dash cam couldn't help you much- they can say you smelled like a brewery- and you wouldn't be able to prove you didn't.

One day a PAX is going to make a correct complaint, Uber/Lyft is going to suspend them for a few days, then they'll drive again. If they crash and injure people the lawsuit is going to be HUGE! They knew about a potential problem and never did a proper investigation!
I don't think that Uber is the responsible party to do a "proper investigation". Its a police matter, relaying these complaints about a possible crime to the local constabularies - along with the names and id information about the suspects and the witnesses should be fine.

#57 ·
This bullshit will end the first time that the national news gobbles up the story
of the Uber driver who was falsely accused of DUI, and who then got themselves
a lawyer, and refused to let it go. You start by suing John Doe, not Uber, for
defamatory statements that resulted in your getting deactivated. Only after
that can you force Uber to admit which passengers it was, and get their info.
Then you sue the now-known John Doe, for all the money you could have
made over the next year(s) from Uber, and for emotional distress, and other
things, all stemming from their defamation of you. You don't settle and you
don't let it go You make it very public. Then perhaps you can subsequently
sue Uber for some kind of wrongful termination or something; more cash.
You also get the state and federal government to sue Uber for unfair practices.
Along the way you instigate for Congressional hearings on all this.
If you can figure out a criminal angle on the pax, too, maybe you can get
the authorities interested in putting them in jail as the icing on the cake.

You take away everything that pax has and put them on the street,
where they tried to put you.

You add another major blow to Uber.

You probably don't walk away with too much cash, as your lawyers are
going to take a lot of it. But it will be worth it.

Until all that happens, things will just keep working the way they are now.

There are a few lawyers out there who love these kinds of cases, assuming
that at least some money can be made from it. I worked with such a firm
once regarding a customer at Costco being wrongly accused of credit card
fraud, arrested and locked up. Costco was begging for mercy.
Didn't see it in the paper, so I assume it was all kept private as part of
a settlement with Costco for publicity reasons. If it's kept private,
there's a chance Uber might reform. If it's made public, they will
be forced to reform -- and potential pax will know better than to
try ****ing with Uber drivers. Unless pax think their lives are
only worth that $4 they scammed from you.

#60 ·
This bullshit will end the first time that the national news gobbles up the story
of the Uber driver who was falsely accused of DUI, and who then got themselves
a lawyer, and refused to let it go.
The problem with such a lawsuit is that there really isn't that much in damages that the Uber driver could claim- limiting the amount the lawyer could collect on a contingency.

Uber isn't reporting these false DUI ( or other false reports) to newspapers or law enforcement agencies- the only damages the driver is suffering is the lost earnings from not being allowed to drive. After considering the costs of maintaining and fueling a car, the 53 cents a mile that the IRS says it costs to run a car, the damages won't add up to that terribly much, not enough for a lawyer to really fight about.

#58 ·
Just got cleared up from the 2nd false report. A pax claims I refused service because the pax was in a wheelchair. Unbelievable. I told the rep that if that was the case why did another passenger already claim that I crashed my car and leave the scene of a accident? I said, look man, I'm only human and I treat others the way I want to be treated- with respect. And my goal as a driver is to lead by example.

#68 ·
Ok...what is wrong with using the camera...

And asking for a pic...

Usually you can look at someone...

And tell pretty quick...

If they are three sheets to the wind...8>)

Rakos
Examples below
Forehead Nose Cheek Lip Chin

Forehead Nose Hair Cheek Chin

Shirt Eyelash Beard Dress shirt Jaw

PS. Should set off alarm bells...8>)

Oh yes drunk monkey pic...
Primate Japanese macaque Adaptation Terrestrial animal Rhesus macaque

#69 ·
You now know just one of the reasons why LUber has such a high turn-over. In a just world, LUber would contact the passenger just prior and after this ride to ask general question about the ride (NOT ask leading questions like, DO YOU THINK YOUR DRIVER WAS UNDER THE INFLUENCE?) and assess whether or not that was the case. You may find the previous pax smelled of pot and it left an odor the next pax figured was YOUR use. Or alcohol can also leave an odor. Ugh. This is what they ought to do, but they don't/won't because they DGAF about drivers. However, always drive for both platforms so you at least have a backup for when these cases happen.

#72 ·
I went to the same thing with lift and my account is deactivated for two days by the one I challenge them to prove it they' backed out and told me that my account has been reactivated in the meantime I have lost a good weekends water Revenue almost $300

I too was a victim. One year ago being accused of being drunk because i wouldn't accept too many riders, and more recently of some kind of sexual misconduct for doing absolutely nothing. Uber does NOT have our backs!
Uber is the most corrupt and treacherous company that I have known they have all kind of shady allegation and all kind of ways to control and manipulate the drivers

#74 ·
I got an email one day from support telling me that a rider lodged a complaint against me that I should be aware of. Support didn't say what the complaint was until I responded and they told me that the rider said "I made them feel uncomfortable". I asked them if it would help me to have a drivecam and they said no, this isn't anything to worry about that I wasn't being suspended or anything like that. We have no recourse at all, no protection, we are bareassed in a sea of thorns out there!!

#80 ·
I'm still not getting the frog in the pot of water reference and how it applies to my comment......
When she started this thread, they took 25% + booking fee and that was it.
What he said above..... It's a slow cooking pot.... 25%.....45%.....55%.....Next thing you know we'll be at 10%.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.