1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

False allegations by rider!!!!

Discussion in 'Stories' started by Mz.SinCityDriver, Oct 4, 2016.

1. Georgie Jung

Georgie Jung

Driving:
    UberX
    I agree... but what if two or more drivers alleged the same? Would that make it CLASS ACTION?

melusine3 likes this.
  2. This just happened to me. Uber doesn't respond to request for info. I asked them to contact the riders prior to this one and the riders after and they REFUSED!! Am now suspended til they decide. Uber SUCKS. They don't care about their drivers only their money.

here2der, Rakos and melusine3 like this.
  3. Telsa34

Telsa34

Driving:
    UberXL

A uber2.jpg Dash camera would have probably resolved this much quicker.

melusine3 likes this.
  4. AuxCordBoston

AuxCordBoston

Can you post what uber emailed you?

melusine3 likes this.
  5. Nope. Support doesn't watch dashcam videos. Had a speeding allegation over the weekend and offered to share cabin (which also record speed) and forward facing footage and they refused to review it.

melusine3 likes this.
  6. Telsa34

Telsa34

Driving:
    UberXL
    A walk in center could and probably would review it.

melusine3 and Cableguynoe like this.
  7. Tony G

Tony G

Driving:
    UberXL
    It happened to me tonight after I canceled a ride and asked her to leave my car

melusine3 likes this.
  8. Rakos

Rakos

Driving:
    UberXL
    Ok...what is wrong with using the camera...

And asking for a pic...

Usually you can look at someone...

And tell pretty quick...

If they are three sheets to the wind...8>)

Rakos
    Examples below
    drunk_1.jpg
    face-run.jpg
    man-in-tartan-holding-a-whisky-glass-and-looking-drunk-picture-id175594200.jpg
    PS. Should set off alarm bells...8>)

Oh yes drunk monkey pic...
    too-much-co-real-life-14038717.png

melusine3 likes this.
  9. melusine3

melusine3

Driving:
    Lyft
    You now know just one of the reasons why LUber has such a high turn-over. In a just world, LUber would contact the passenger just prior and after this ride to ask general question about the ride (NOT ask leading questions like, DO YOU THINK YOUR DRIVER WAS UNDER THE INFLUENCE?) and assess whether or not that was the case. You may find the previous pax smelled of pot and it left an odor the next pax figured was YOUR use. Or alcohol can also leave an odor. Ugh. This is what they ought to do, but they don't/won't because they DGAF about drivers. However, always drive for both platforms so you at least have a backup for when these cases happen.

10. I too was a victim. One year ago being accused of being drunk because i wouldn't accept too many riders, and more recently of some kind of sexual misconduct for doing absolutely nothing. Uber does NOT have our backs!

Listen41 likes this.
  11. I write this a lot and it should serve as common sense to Uber and Lyft.

If a rider believes you are under the influence they will exit your car for their own safety.

If a rider goes to their destination and then complains, question should be why did you remain in the car if you suspected driver was under the influence.

Christinebitg and Rakos like this.
  12. Listen41

Listen41

Driving:
    UberX
    I went to the same thing with lift and my account is deactivated for two days by the one I challenge them to prove it they' backed out and told me that my account has been reactivated in the meantime I have lost a good weekends water Revenue almost $300

Uber is the most corrupt and treacherous company that I have known they have all kind of shady allegation and all kind of ways to control and manipulate the drivers

Rakos likes this.
  13. Demon

Demon

Uber can't control when the pax makes the complaint. It could be right after the ride ends or hours after the ride ends.

The rider may not be able to exit the vehicle. It may not be a safe area. And asking to end the ride early could make the driver defensive and upset.

Christinebitg and Rakos like this.