• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

False allegations by rider!!!!

Qwikrick

A class action lawsuit might put a stop to this insanity. Uber and Lyft have too much money anyway and there's a bunch of really stupid people running these corporations in a most insular, autocratic and top-down fashion. Let them learn the hard way and spend their money on litigation and legal settlements.

Twenty-first century United States corporatism is insane; every bit as insane as was Soviet communism in the twentieth century.

Ringo

And that's when my time driving for uber comes to a screeching halt, they have to pay a hell of a lot more to make me or a lot of other people to pay for that equipment.
Probably won't be long before Uber requires all vehicles to be equipped with a interlock breath device. Once the driver starts the ride the device will ping and you have 30 seconds to blow in it. Oh and the cost to have this installed will fall on the drivers.

Mars Troll Number 4

Being falsely accused of this stuff is mostly just passengers trying to get a discount or them getting revenge on us for not wanting to do something.

What the passenger says VS My opinion

"The driver wouldn't take me because i'm black"
"I'm sorry you have too many people, I can't legally or safely put all of you in the car"

"The driver took a crazy route to go there and ran up the meter"
"Umm check the GPS tracking, I rest my case"

"The driver Made me pay up front"
"He/she seemed sketchy, and i based my rate off the mileage so it's a discount compared to running the meter"

"The driver wouldn't pick me up"
"Tell them "They knocked on my window and i was driving to pick up someone else most likely"
Or "There's no way i'm stopping on that road to pick someone up, F that, Tell them "They knocked on my window and i was driving to pick up someone else most likely"
OR "There was literally already a passenger in the car"

"The driver overcharged me"
"traffic was heavy"

"Le pregunté al conductor cuánto costaría y que era una locura."
"My Spanish is really bad, sorry for whatever crazy or stupid thing I said"

"The car was disgusting"
"It wasn't that bad"

I'm on my 2nd deactivation.

1. Saturday night February 25 Newport Beach California. Arrived at location pax gets in, I start trip. Pax ask to take him to Del Taco first. I replied please change destination in rider app. He says never mind and cancelled the ride. Rider got charged 7.54 cancellation fee. A couple hours later I get a message from Uber stating I started the trip when I should have cancelled it and I wouldn't be getting the cancellation fee. Come Monday morning app deactivated. Received a message stating a pax stated I crashed my car and left the scene of a accident. Reactivated after sending pix of car with. I damage.

2. Recivied a message saying we are investigating a complaint made by one of your recent riders. Been 3 days still haven't heard from Uber and have no clue what this is about. I went to green light hub and was told there's nothing they can do. And that I was suspended for refusing service. That's it.

Just FYI I've maintained a 4.85 rating and I wear a white shirt and tie when I drive. That's called professionalism.

tohunt4me

1. Saturday night February 25 Newport Beach California. Arrived at location pax gets in, I start trip. Pax ask to take him to Del Taco first. I replied please change destination in rider app. He says never mind and cancelled the ride. Rider got charged 7.54 cancellation fee. A couple hours later I get a message from Uber stating I started the trip when I should have cancelled it and I wouldn't be getting the cancellation fee. Come Monday morning app deactivated. Received a message stating a pax stated I crashed my car and left the scene of a accident. Reactivated after sending pix of car with. I damage.

2. Recivied a message saying we are investigating a complaint made by one of your recent riders. Been 3 days still haven't heard from Uber and have no clue what this is about. I went to green light hub and was told there's nothing they can do. And that I was suspended for refusing service. That's it.

Just FYI I've maintained a 4.85 rating and I wear a white shirt and tie when I drive. That's called professionalism.
Send him a cleaning fee.
He likes games ?
He wants revenge ?
Send him a bill.

I_Like_Spam

I recently had my driver account temp disabled because a rider contacted trust and safety ! Telling the rep that I was UNDER THE INFLUENCE. . That was the message that I received 2 weeks ago.
Complaints from customers seeking free rides is something to be expected. Sneaking a dead cockroach into a restaurant to put on your plate after a meal is a time honored way to squeeze out a free meal.

This idea is easy for the customers, a dash cam couldn't help you much- they can say you smelled like a brewery- and you wouldn't be able to prove you didn't.

One day a PAX is going to make a correct complaint, Uber/Lyft is going to suspend them for a few days, then they'll drive again. If they crash and injure people the lawsuit is going to be HUGE! They knew about a potential problem and never did a proper investigation!

I don't think that Uber is the responsible party to do a "proper investigation". Its a police matter, relaying these complaints about a possible crime to the local constabularies - along with the names and id information about the suspects and the witnesses should be fine.

Tim In Cleveland

Sorry for your troubles. I had it happen to me when I told a flirtatious pax that whom I told I was married (a lie) to discourage them. The pax somehow knew I was separated and told Uber they could smell alcohol in my coffee mug. I was lucky as the local office just called me and believed my side of the story.

Last edited:
Dash camera protection for yourself!
Offer footage of the night in question.

Uber really should stay out of DUI accusations, and instruct the PAX to notify local Law Enforcement if they have a concern. Uber has no authority in such matters or investigative power.
I've offered dash cam footage if Uber would give me day and time of alleged incident and Uber has not and will not give me that info... makes me wonder.

AuxCordBoston

The only customer complaint that leads to deactivation and can never be undone is when a female pax alleges inappropriate touching. All other complaints will be investigated and you will be reactivated since the complaints are false.

iUBERdc

Seems to be happening very often lately.
Pax must be talking amoung themselves on how to score a free ride

Same thing happened to me a couple months ago. She canceled the ride shortly after starting because 1) I wouldn't wait for her at Walmart for 10 minutes while she gets her lunch and 2) I wouldn't make a dangerous u-turn with lots of oncoming traffic. I had a feeling that this pax would be big-time trouble, so I called the Lyft Critical Response line and complained about her right after she exited my car. Sure enough, my instinct was correct because she reported me for driving under the influence later that day. Still, my account was suspended for about 24-36 hours pending investigation. Luckily, I got to the complaint first which likely cut down on the suspension time. Next time, trust your instinct and complain about a passenger before they get the chance to do the same to you.
This is my fear with confronting pax. I don't care about the 1 star. It's the false accusations you have to worry about. Piss off a pax by not doing whatever illegal crap they ask and they will not hesitant to make a flase accusation to make your lfe miseable. I'm almost done with this shit gig

I_Like_Spam

The only customer complaint that leads to deactivation and can never be undone is when a female pax alleges inappropriate touching. All other complaints will be investigated and you will be reactivated since the complaints are false.
Pax must be talking amoung themselves on how to score a free ride

It is about the free rides, and the fact that not everyone out there has integrity. Uber is really in no position to make judgments on this kind of thing, the right thing to do would be to refer these passengers to the police

iUBERdc

It is about the free rides, and the fact that not everyone out there has integrity. Uber is really in no position to make judgments on this kind of thing, the right thing to do would be to refer these passengers to the police
It is about time I quit this crap. Young single guy and sick of working the night shifts in a college town to make money losing my social life. Pay sucks and people treat you like crap. Thankfully I have a day job, I'm going to recommit to that and leave this crap behind. Seems like the only ones who enjoy this gig are foreigners with no better option. How do they put up with it?

If someone would go the lengths to say I crashed my car- I wouldn't be surprised at anything a pax will say. Bottom line.

iUBERdc

If someone would go the lengths to say I crashed my car- I wouldn't be surprised at anything a pax will say. Bottom line.
How stupid can the pax be? Its easy to prove wrong with a quick photo. Def a scam. Uberr makes it too easy to make a false accusation so the rats try to see if any stick and if they get a refund

tirebiter

This bullshit will end the first time that the national news gobbles up the story
of the Uber driver who was falsely accused of DUI, and who then got themselves
a lawyer, and refused to let it go. You start by suing John Doe, not Uber, for
defamatory statements that resulted in your getting deactivated. Only after
that can you force Uber to admit which passengers it was, and get their info.
Then you sue the now-known John Doe, for all the money you could have
made over the next year(s) from Uber, and for emotional distress, and other
things, all stemming from their defamation of you. You don't settle and you
don't let it go You make it very public. Then perhaps you can subsequently
sue Uber for some kind of wrongful termination or something; more cash.
You also get the state and federal government to sue Uber for unfair practices.
Along the way you instigate for Congressional hearings on all this.
If you can figure out a criminal angle on the pax, too, maybe you can get
the authorities interested in putting them in jail as the icing on the cake.

You take away everything that pax has and put them on the street,
where they tried to put you.

You add another major blow to Uber.

You probably don't walk away with too much cash, as your lawyers are
going to take a lot of it. But it will be worth it.

Until all that happens, things will just keep working the way they are now.

There are a few lawyers out there who love these kinds of cases, assuming
that at least some money can be made from it. I worked with such a firm
once regarding a customer at Costco being wrongly accused of credit card
fraud, arrested and locked up. Costco was begging for mercy.
Didn't see it in the paper, so I assume it was all kept private as part of
a settlement with Costco for publicity reasons. If it's kept private,
there's a chance Uber might reform. If it's made public, they will
be forced to reform -- and potential pax will know better than to
try @@@@ing with Uber drivers. Unless pax think their lives are
only worth that $4 they scammed from you.

Just got cleared up from the 2nd false report. A pax claims I refused service because the pax was in a wheelchair. Unbelievable. I told the rep that if that was the case why did another passenger already claim that I crashed my car and leave the scene of a accident? I said, look man, I'm only human and I treat others the way I want to be treated- with respect. And my goal as a driver is to lead by example.

tohunt4me

Probably won't be long before Uber requires all vehicles to be equipped with a interlock breath device. Once the driver starts the ride the device will ping and you have 30 seconds to blow in it. Oh and the cost to have this installed will fall on the drivers.
Then it will cause a fatal accident resulting in worldwide publicity and Lawsuits causing publicity over 7 years !

Just got cleared up from the 2nd false report. A pax claims I refused service because the pax was in a wheelchair. Unbelievable. I told the rep that if that was the case why did another passenger already claim that I crashed my car and leave the scene of a accident? I said, look man, I'm only human and I treat others the way I want to be treated- with respect. And my goal as a driver is to lead by example.
Pax are not human.
Nasty little trapped animals that will create pain and destruction by any means possible when they can't extort a driver into a servant.

They simply use the same methods as Uber to control us with Ubers assistance and encouragement.

NO NEED TO TIP !

I_Like_Spam

This bullshit will end the first time that the national news gobbles up the story
of the Uber driver who was falsely accused of DUI, and who then got themselves
a lawyer, and refused to let it go.

The problem with such a lawsuit is that there really isn't that much in damages that the Uber driver could claim- limiting the amount the lawyer could collect on a contingency.

Uber isn't reporting these false DUI ( or other false reports) to newspapers or law enforcement agencies- the only damages the driver is suffering is the lost earnings from not being allowed to drive. After considering the costs of maintaining and fueling a car, the 53 cents a mile that the IRS says it costs to run a car, the damages won't add up to that terribly much, not enough for a lawyer to really fight about.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Halfmybrain Chicago 1
MSLimey59 Advice 29
D Ratings 16