1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

False allegations by rider!!!!

Discussion in 'Stories' started by Mz.SinCityDriver, Oct 4, 2016.

1. We must find this rider,and Bait fishooks with them !

2. melusine3

melusine3

Driving:
    Lyft
    I had a couple that smelled of that and God knows what else, but it was horrific. I drove around with the windows down for quite a while after that (had the app off because was escaping that area of town anyway).

tohunt4me likes this.
  3. Fireguy50

Fireguy50

Driving:
    UberBLACK
    Reactively action doesn't change real drunk drivers, and letting them back on to drive 3 days later without a real PBT or FST doesn't remove their liability if something happens. This is a stupid policy!

One day a PAX is going to make a correct complaint, Uber/Lyft is going to suspend them for a few days, then they'll drive again. If they crash and injure people the lawsuit is going to be HUGE! They knew about a potential problem and never did a proper investigation!

4. DirtyRead

DirtyRead

Driving:
    UberX
    that happened to me on a very busy holiday weekend. A lady thought i was drinking I got a real snotty email asking why someone would think such a thing the way it read I was quilty already why else would a saint like a pax say so. I replied right away and said “even though it goes against all that iI believe in as an american I will come right now and take a piss blood hair test…” no response. mine only lasted 24 hours. I get taking me off line right away and I get some people being scared to confront me about it but in a court of law you have the right to see all witnesses and evidence against you.I racked my brain trying to think did i make a bad turn or what i could have done our said to have this suspision over me. for the record i was not drinking and have never drank while on the platform. I was happy to return in time to finish the weekend but that C you next tuesday of a pax owes me.

5. DirtyRead

DirtyRead

Driving:
    UberX
    thank you. And Uber should realize that if a driver were drunk or under influnce and they thought enough to take them off the platform but not enough to inform police and an accident happened they could be liable.

Fireguy50 likes this.
  6. DirtyRead

DirtyRead

Driving:
    UberX
    It more then sucks it hurts.

Rakos and Hans GrUber like this.
  7. just uberX

just uberX

False accusation. What proof did the rider have that you were driving under influence?? I would've asked uber what proof does this passenger have . Can't accuse someone for a crime with out an actually proof of evidence . Sorry not sure if someone said this on this thread yet. That could've been a lawsuit for false accusation.

8. Guilty until proven innocent .
    It's the Uber way,Partner.

Rakos, iUBERdc, Jagent and 5 others like this.
  9. just uberX

just uberX

Sad to say . But that's actually kinda true . I keep forgetting that is fuber we are dealing with, they make their own law.

10. Squirming Like A Toad

Squirming Like A Toad

Driving:
    UberXL
    The right way to do it is to Skype you and see if you look or sound drunk, then if necessary have you drive to an Uber rep at their expense for a breathalyzer and car inspection. But that would be too much work, and make too much sense.

Rakos, babaganoosh and tohunt4me like this.
  11. Uber police. Your car us deactivated and you are locked in until an Uber representative arrives .

Attached Files:

Jagent likes this.
  12. Fireguy50

Fireguy50

Driving:
    UberBLACK
    I think I'm going to get zapped with this retro actively next week out of retaliation :(:mad:
    Told a PAX he couldn't bring an open beer bottle with him, he said it was for tobacco chew spitting, I still said no. He tossed it across the yard and got in the car, fell asleep half way to his house, woke up confused but it seemed to end well. I can deal with just about anyone, I don't cancel much, and my ratings don't suffer, so I must be doing something right with this people most cancel on :D:p Anyway, IF he wakes up remembering I wouldn't let him chew and spit in an open beer bottle at 3:25am he might make up a complaint. But it was Surging good and I wanted to make fast money tonight while its RED and go home. I already set in my complaint so we'll never be matched again.

13. DirtyRead

DirtyRead

Driving:
    UberX
    I asked for details of mine with no response until I was reinstated and the answer was to protect the riders privacy. I hate to say it but I get that. based one how I felt at times in the 24 hours I was off I could see a major incident happing. I can see the news clips and headlines for that. Uber-raging drunk and Late Senator McCarthy’s granddaughter exchange blows at SD international Airports’s arrival zone, Harbor Police ticket Uber-driver for illegal curbside pick up and Miss McCarty for for passion of more the 12oz of liquid gossip mouth.Uber driver quoted complaining “ There was no pick up,I was trying to knock her out.” and then something about a swimming pool and aux cables.

14. just uberX

just uberX

LOL

15. UberDenvGirl

UberDenvGirl

This literally just happened to me tonight. All of a sudden my Uber acct was signed out. I tried to log back in and it said I needed to contact support.

The only difference with me is I did have pax that reeked of the smell. I smelled it when I got back in the car from a bathroom run. I sprayed some deodorizer and I tried to air the car out but it must of lingered. I responded to Uber and told them I would be happy to take a drug test immediately to prove I wasn't under the influence. To me it is like, "This is Denver people! We are tour grounds for marijuana!" but apparently the customer felt like complaining.

I hope Uber releases the hold. In their email they also threatened with deactivation if they received another complaint.

Has anyone ever been in this situation twice and is still driving?

16. d0n

d0n

Open your windows and ride the freeway after you pick up anyone who smells, have febreeze close at hand.

Rakos likes this.
  17. Ubermad

Ubermad

Driving:
    Lyft
    You think so? We can contact NBC and make a huge statement to the public about how uber is treating their drivers. I have been asked how we ate being treated and they too have voiced that if we like lyft better they will go with lyft. Ypu will not only lose drivers you will lose riders as well. All we habe to do is come togethet and make a voice. Don't be so sure of your self techi

Blahgard likes this.
  18. Ubermad

Ubermad

Driving:
    Lyft
    Once so far.

19. Blahgard

Blahgard

UnerX drivers are thicker than flies, so burning a few here and there isn't going to damage their business model much.

iUBERdc and shiftydrake like this.
  20. Giovanni206

Giovanni206

Driving:
    UberX
    Happened to me. Anytime I sense negativity I 1 star them and send uber an email for back up.