• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

False allegations by rider!!!!

tohunt4me

I recently had my driver account temp disabled because a rider contacted trust and safety ! Telling the rep that I was UNDER THE INFLUENCE. . That was the message that I received 2 weeks ago. I immediately responded to the email expressing how shocked I was! I understand that the Rideshare platform needs to protect itself from any liability but on the other hand I find it very displeasing that all it takes is one unhappy passenger contacting safety saying that I or any other driver was under the influence. If that was the case why would you get in my car if that were true?? Smh.. I sent handfuls of messages wantingn some kind of explanation or update anything on what was going on but with no response. I do not understand how it takes almost two weeks in my case for a response and the response was very short all it said is that thank you for your time and patience as we investigated this matter your account has been reactivated. A small victory but like I told them why is it so easy for a ride or to be able to falsely accuse a driver and the driver be immediately deactivated and no other info is given. What I learned from all of this is that yes I was under the influence but not of alcohol or drugs I was under the influence that Uber and or Lyft would have the driver back in situations as such. I feel that this system that they have in place now is not cutting it one bit I have heard so many things online of people being deactivated for false allegations and not allowed to return to the platform which is very sad I guess in the end the only thing that has our back is our driver's seat and the floor just had to get that out have a nice night
We must find this rider,and Bait fishooks with them !

melusine3

I pick up people who reek of weed . That smell will linger for a while. This generation of Millenial are so morally bankrupt that they will try anything to get a free ride .
I had a couple that smelled of that and God knows what else, but it was horrific. I drove around with the windows down for quite a while after that (had the app off because was escaping that area of town anyway).

Fireguy50

Same thing happened to me a couple months ago. She canceled the ride shortly after starting because 1) I wouldn't wait for her at Walmart for 10 minutes while she gets her lunch and 2) I wouldn't make a dangerous u-turn with lots of oncoming traffic. I had a feeling that this pax would be big-time trouble, so I called the Lyft Critical Response line and complained about her right after she exited my car. Sure enough, my instinct was correct because she reported me for driving under the influence later that day. Still, my account was suspended for about 24-36 hours pending investigation. Luckily, I got to the complaint first which likely cut down on the suspension time. Next time, trust your instinct and complain about a passenger before they get the chance to do the same to you.
Reactively action doesn't change real drunk drivers, and letting them back on to drive 3 days later without a real PBT or FST doesn't remove their liability if something happens. This is a stupid policy!

One day a PAX is going to make a correct complaint, Uber/Lyft is going to suspend them for a few days, then they'll drive again. If they crash and injure people the lawsuit is going to be HUGE! They knew about a potential problem and never did a proper investigation!

DirtyRead

I recently had my driver account temp disabled because a rider contacted trust and safety ! Telling the rep that I was UNDER THE INFLUENCE. . That was the message that I received 2 weeks ago. I immediately responded to the email expressing how shocked I was! I understand that the Rideshare platform needs to protect itself from any liability but on the other hand I find it very displeasing that all it takes is one unhappy passenger contacting safety saying that I or any other driver was under the influence. If that was the case why would you get in my car if that were true?? Smh.. I sent handfuls of messages wantingn some kind of explanation or update anything on what was going on but with no response. I do not understand how it takes almost two weeks in my case for a response and the response was very short all it said is that thank you for your time and patience as we investigated this matter your account has been reactivated. A small victory but like I told them why is it so easy for a ride or to be able to falsely accuse a driver and the driver be immediately deactivated and no other info is given. What I learned from all of this is that yes I was under the influence but not of alcohol or drugs I was under the influence that Uber and or Lyft would have the driver back in situations as such. I feel that this system that they have in place now is not cutting it one bit I have heard so many things online of people being deactivated for false allegations and not allowed to return to the platform which is very sad I guess in the end the only thing that has our back is our driver's seat and the floor just had to get that out have a nice night
that happened to me on a very busy holiday weekend. A lady thought i was drinking I got a real snotty email asking why someone would think such a thing the way it read I was quilty already why else would a saint like a pax say so. I replied right away and said “even though it goes against all that iI believe in as an american I will come right now and take a piss blood hair test…” no response. mine only lasted 24 hours. I get taking me off line right away and I get some people being scared to confront me about it but in a court of law you have the right to see all witnesses and evidence against you.I racked my brain trying to think did i make a bad turn or what i could have done our said to have this suspision over me. for the record i was not drinking and have never drank while on the platform. I was happy to return in time to finish the weekend but that C you next tuesday of a pax owes me.

DirtyRead

Well what I forgot to mention is that this happend on the Lyft platform. And I had sent a message to lyft saying that the pax was lying and that I habe never in my life had a dui or publoc intox .. I told them this is a case of slander and defemation of my character and it was almost two weeks of lost income... the thing to me is that if this happens often to people as you have said why don't they do things to change it.. and why is it that no information can be given on the so called investigation if it was in regards to my account. I also told them how would they feel if the job they are holding now could be taken away all because of a false claim made by 1 person. . What uber and lyft I think fail to realize is that we ad drivers are the ones who make them wealthy. We do all the work and what do they do. . Provide a platform and take 25% .. and they don't have our backs obviously.. the other thing that bothers me are all the copy and pasted generic responses thst are received from support.. sorry I guess I'm on my soap box tonight
Unfortunately, RideShare in general goes by the age-old truism in the hospitality industry: There's a thousand people standing behind you ready to do your job for the same and maybe even less wages, so if you don't like how we run our company, you're free to step down and be replaced. And if we don't like anything about anything you do, we're free to let you go and "train" somebody else.

It sucks.
Dash camera protection for yourself!
Offer footage of the night in question.

Uber really should stay out of DUI accusations, and instruct the PAX to notify local Law Enforcement if they have a concern. Uber has no authority in such matters or investigative power.
thank you. And Uber should realize that if a driver were drunk or under influnce and they thought enough to take them off the platform but not enough to inform police and an accident happened they could be liable.

just uberX

False accusation. What proof did the rider have that you were driving under influence?? I would've asked uber what proof does this passenger have . Can't accuse someone for a crime with out an actually proof of evidence . Sorry not sure if someone said this on this thread yet. That could've been a lawsuit for false accusation.

tohunt4me

The right way to do it is to Skype you and see if you look or sound drunk, then if necessary have you drive to an Uber rep at their expense for a breathalyzer and car inspection. But that would be too much work, and make too much sense.
Uber police. Your car us deactivated and you are locked in until an Uber representative arrives .

Attachments

Fireguy50

Guilty until proven innocent .
It's the Uber way,Partner.
I think I'm going to get zapped with this retro actively next week out of retaliation :frown::mad:
Told a PAX he couldn't bring an open beer bottle with him, he said it was for tobacco chew spitting, I still said no. He tossed it across the yard and got in the car, fell asleep half way to his house, woke up confused but it seemed to end well. I can deal with just about anyone, I don't cancel much, and my ratings don't suffer, so I must be doing something right with this people most cancel on :biggrin::p Anyway, IF he wakes up remembering I wouldn't let him chew and spit in an open beer bottle at 3:25am he might make up a complaint. But it was Surging good and I wanted to make fast money tonight while its RED and go home. I already set in my complaint so we'll never be matched again.

DirtyRead

False accusation. What proof did the rider have that you were driving under influence?? I would've asked uber what proof does this passenger have . Can't accuse someone for a crime with out an actually proof of evidence . Sorry not sure if someone said this on this thread yet. That could've been a lawsuit for false accusation.
I asked for details of mine with no response until I was reinstated and the answer was to protect the riders privacy. I hate to say it but I get that. based one how I felt at times in the 24 hours I was off I could see a major incident happing. I can see the news clips and headlines for that. Uber-raging drunk and Late Senator McCarthy’s granddaughter exchange blows at SD international Airports’s arrival zone, Harbor Police ticket Uber-driver for illegal curbside pick up and Miss McCarty for for passion of more the 12oz of liquid gossip mouth.Uber driver quoted complaining “ There was no pick up,I was trying to knock her out.” and then something about a swimming pool and aux cables.

just uberX

I asked for details of mine with no response until I was reinstated and the answer was to protect the riders privacy. I hate to say it but I get that. based one how I felt at times in the 24 hours I was off I could see a major incident happing. I can see the news clips and headlines for that. Uber-raging drunk and Late Senator McCarthy’s granddaughter exchange blows at SD international Airports’s arrival zone, Harbor Police ticket Uber-driver for illegal curbside pick up and Miss McCarty for for passion of more the 12oz of liquid gossip mouth.Uber driver quoted complaining “ There was no pick up,I was trying to knock her out.” and then something about a swimming pool and aux cables.
LOL

UberDenvGirl

I was deactivated in the middle of a Friday night shift earlier this year. A few minutes later, here comes this email saying that a pax claimed to smell marijuana and that I was acting abnormally. Uber asked for my side of the story.

I responded within two minutes saying that not only do I not drive under the influence of anything, but that I had not had any pax that day that smelled of marijuana, so there was clearly no smell like that in my car. I knew they couldn't tell me which pax, so I offered to provide the dashcam footage from whichever hour block they would like in order to prove that my behavior was not out of the ordinary.

I was reactivated within about 15 minutes.

I think it was just a pax trying to get a free ride without caring about how it would affect the driver.
This literally just happened to me tonight. All of a sudden my Uber acct was signed out. I tried to log back in and it said I needed to contact support.

The only difference with me is I did have pax that reeked of the smell. I smelled it when I got back in the car from a bathroom run. I sprayed some deodorizer and I tried to air the car out but it must of lingered. I responded to Uber and told them I would be happy to take a drug test immediately to prove I wasn't under the influence. To me it is like, "This is Denver people! We are tour grounds for marijuana!" but apparently the customer felt like complaining.

I hope Uber releases the hold. In their email they also threatened with deactivation if they received another complaint.

Has anyone ever been in this situation twice and is still driving?

d0n

Open your windows and ride the freeway after you pick up anyone who smells, have febreeze close at hand.

Ubermad

Unfortunately, RideShare in general goes by the age-old truism in the hospitality industry: There's a thousand people standing behind you ready to do your job for the same and maybe even less wages, so if you don't like how we run our company, you're free to step down and be replaced. And if we don't like anything about anything you do, we're free to let you go and "train" somebody else.

It sucks.
You think so? We can contact NBC and make a huge statement to the public about how uber is treating their drivers. I have been asked how we ate being treated and they too have voiced that if we like lyft better they will go with lyft. Ypu will not only lose drivers you will lose riders as well. All we habe to do is come togethet and make a voice. Don't be so sure of your self techi

Ubermad

This literally just happened to me tonight. All of a sudden my Uber acct was signed out. I tried to log back in and it said I needed to contact support.

The only difference with me is I did have pax that reeked of the smell. I smelled it when I got back in the car from a bathroom run. I sprayed some deodorizer and I tried to air the car out but it must of lingered. I responded to Uber and told them I would be happy to take a drug test immediately to prove I wasn't under the influence. To me it is like, "This is Denver people! We are tour grounds for marijuana!" but apparently the customer felt like complaining.

I hope Uber releases the hold. In their email they also threatened with deactivation if they received another complaint.

Has anyone ever been in this situation twice and is still driving?
Once so far.

Giovanni206

Happened to me. Anytime I sense negativity I 1 star them and send uber an email for back up.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Halfmybrain Chicago 1
MSLimey59 Advice 29
D Ratings 16