1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

False allegations by rider!!!!

Discussion in 'Stories' started by Mz.SinCityDriver, Oct 4, 2016.

1. Mz.SinCityDriver

Mz.SinCityDriver

Driving:
    Lyft
    I recently had my driver account temp disabled because a rider contacted trust and safety ! Telling the rep that I was UNDER THE INFLUENCE. . That was the message that I received 2 weeks ago. I immediately responded to the email expressing how shocked I was! I understand that the Rideshare platform needs to protect itself from any liability but on the other hand I find it very displeasing that all it takes is one unhappy passenger contacting safety saying that I or any other driver was under the influence. If that was the case why would you get in my car if that were true?? Smh.. I sent handfuls of messages wantingn some kind of explanation or update anything on what was going on but with no response. I do not understand how it takes almost two weeks in my case for a response and the response was very short all it said is that thank you for your time and patience as we investigated this matter your account has been reactivated. A small victory but like I told them why is it so easy for a ride or to be able to falsely accuse a driver and the driver be immediately deactivated and no other info is given. What I learned from all of this is that yes I was under the influence but not of alcohol or drugs I was under the influence that Uber and or Lyft would have the driver back in situations as such. I feel that this system that they have in place now is not cutting it one bit I have heard so many things online of people being deactivated for false allegations and not allowed to return to the platform which is very sad I guess in the end the only thing that has our back is our driver's seat and the floor just had to get that out have a nice night

Julescase, melusine3, Rakos and 9 others like this.
  2. observer

observer Moderator

Seems to be happening very often lately.

Rakos, Lancer141, Elephant and 3 others like this.
  3. Mz.SinCityDriver

Mz.SinCityDriver

Driving:
    Lyft
    It very disturbing to me ... for a company that makes 25% of every ride a driver gets you would think they would do something to fix this

4. observer

observer Moderator

With all the bad publicity they are being extra cautious. I think pax are doing it just to get out of paying for fare, not realizing the driver gets deactivated.

Rakos, Lancer141, UGJaelRose and 7 others like this.
  5. Fireguy50

Fireguy50

Driving:
    UberBLACK
    Dash camera protection for yourself!
    Offer footage of the night in question.

Uber really should stay out of DUI accusations, and instruct the PAX to notify local Law Enforcement if they have a concern. Uber has no authority in such matters or investigative power.

6. observer

observer Moderator

Except they want to keep any complaints to themselves to avoid bad publicity.

7. Fireguy50

Fireguy50

Driving:
    UberBLACK
    Reckless policy, they potentially allowed the driver to finish the rest of the night. While a simple welfare check could solve this issue quickly and Uber would be legally clean of any negligence. Currently they took a complaint, did zero investigation, and will allow a drunk to drive after the 7-14 day suspension.
    Investigate it immediately, they have our vehicle license plate number and GPS location. Have County Sheriff track them down and get PBT & FST, then take appropriate action or let them drive.

Any lawyer would pounce if a drunk hits somebody and a previous PAX made a complaint. Goodbye $250+ million dollars, gone, and the public trust isn't getting better either.

There are good law enforcement, medical, automotive, etc consultants that "could" write better policies if Uber really wanted to take over the transportation industry. But they'd rather act like they're still a start up company with an app. :rolleyes:
    Drivers that care on this forum could do a better job!

8. Fuzzyelvis

Fuzzyelvis

Driving:
    UberX
    Well depending on how the pax contacted them it's libel or slander, AND it impacted your livelihood. So anyone this happens to should file a suit and force Uber to give the pax info to the court.

Then, if you have a dash cam it will likely show the PAX'S drunken ass in your car and you can collect damages.

9. Ringo

Ringo

Uber wont even spend money on a simple 5 panel but will take the word of some random pax a driver was under the influence...idiot people running the show at uber, in time they are going to screw up big time with the big push for all these drivers.

10. Nomad

Nomad

I was deactivated in the middle of a Friday night shift earlier this year. A few minutes later, here comes this email saying that a pax claimed to smell marijuana and that I was acting abnormally. Uber asked for my side of the story.

I responded within two minutes saying that not only do I not drive under the influence of anything, but that I had not had any pax that day that smelled of marijuana, so there was clearly no smell like that in my car. I knew they couldn't tell me which pax, so I offered to provide the dashcam footage from whichever hour block they would like in order to prove that my behavior was not out of the ordinary.

I was reactivated within about 15 minutes.

I think it was just a pax trying to get a free ride without caring about how it would affect the driver.

dnlbaboof, Go4, cakoo10 and 5 others like this.
  11. Mz.SinCityDriver

Mz.SinCityDriver

Driving:
    Lyft
    Well what I forgot to mention is that this happend on the Lyft platform. And I had sent a message to lyft saying that the pax was lying and that I habe never in my life had a dui or publoc intox .. I told them this is a case of slander and defemation of my character and it was almost two weeks of lost income... the thing to me is that if this happens often to people as you have said why don't they do things to change it.. and why is it that no information can be given on the so called investigation if it was in regards to my account. I also told them how would they feel if the job they are holding now could be taken away all because of a false claim made by 1 person. . What uber and lyft I think fail to realize is that we ad drivers are the ones who make them wealthy. We do all the work and what do they do. . Provide a platform and take 25% .. and they don't have our backs obviously.. the other thing that bothers me are all the copy and pasted generic responses thst are received from support.. sorry I guess I'm on my soap box tonight

melusine3 likes this.
  12. Mz.SinCityDriver

Mz.SinCityDriver

Driving:
    Lyft
    I failed to mention this happend to me while I was on the Lyft platform on a late Saturday night

13. Nomad

Nomad

Unfortunately, RideShare in general goes by the age-old truism in the hospitality industry: There's a thousand people standing behind you ready to do your job for the same and maybe even less wages, so if you don't like how we run our company, you're free to step down and be replaced. And if we don't like anything about anything you do, we're free to let you go and "train" somebody else.

It sucks.

cakoo10, Blahgard, brendon292 and 3 others like this.
  14. dirtylee

dirtylee

Driving:
    UberX
    #get a real job

15. uberdriverfornow

uberdriverfornow

If you've never done any drugs at all in your life, such as me, you can tell them to feel free to drug test you. :)

Sgt_PaxHauler and melusine3 like this.
  16. Careface

Careface

Driving:
    UberX
    just send them a photo of you and the rider smoking a blunt, drinkn a mixed drink, and doing blow off the uber sticker. theyll give you 5 stars everytime.

Godwyn and YouFailedMeSon like this.
  17. unPat

unPat

I pick up people who reek of weed . That smell will linger for a while. This generation of Millenial are so morally bankrupt that they will try anything to get a free ride .

Bpr2, Yam Digger, UGJaelRose and 5 others like this.
  18. Transportador

Transportador

Driving:
    UberX
    Next time (hopefully never) don't forget to tell them that you are contacting your lawyer to investigate their ass for wrongful termination.

Jagent, Blahgard, Santa and 1 other person like this.
  19. pasadenauber

pasadenauber

Driving:
    UberX
    that's wack!!!! Here in California everyone smells like pot (im generalizing sorry kids) not only that they leave a nasty odor behind when they exit. I have even asked pax if the smoked the whole thing..The giggle and think its funny .. just to be on the safe side i carry a can of air freshener 2.5 only 2.99 at kamrt and douse the back and drive at 100 miles per hour windwos down (jk uber spies) and hope for the reggae part to flush-out..

Blahgard and Fireguy50 like this.
  20. AshyLarry81

AshyLarry81

Same thing happened to me a couple months ago. She canceled the ride shortly after starting because 1) I wouldn't wait for her at Walmart for 10 minutes while she gets her lunch and 2) I wouldn't make a dangerous u-turn with lots of oncoming traffic. I had a feeling that this pax would be big-time trouble, so I called the Lyft Critical Response line and complained about her right after she exited my car. Sure enough, my instinct was correct because she reported me for driving under the influence later that day. Still, my account was suspended for about 24-36 hours pending investigation. Luckily, I got to the complaint first which likely cut down on the suspension time. Next time, trust your instinct and complain about a passenger before they get the chance to do the same to you.