False accusations

itendstonight

Any way to prevent them? I see a lot of talk around here about pac maiing crap up to screw drivers. I just bought a dashcam. Not sure Uber/Lyft could care less. Will making it obvious the pax is being recorded keep down the chance of false accusations? Any others tips? I always confirm name and destination loudly, too.

New2This

Will making it obvious the pax is being recorded keep down the chance of false accusations? Any others tips? I always confirm name and destination loudly, too.
The dashcam makes people behave themselves if they know they're being recorded.

I'm in your area and I have had ONE out of 6000+ riders say anything negative about the dashcam. She was drunk and possibly psychotic; kept talking about aliens (E.T. types not illegals) and the CIA. Everyone else called it smart.

KD_LA

Author
Any way to prevent them? I see a lot of talk around here about pac maiing crap up to screw drivers. I just bought a dashcam. Not sure Uber/Lyft could care less. Will making it obvious the pax is being recorded keep down the chance of false accusations? Any others tips? I always confirm name and destination loudly, too.
Make sure you have plenty of highly visible dashcam warning signs-- not just to comply with any local regulations, but to keep reminding paxholes that "Alan Fundt" is alive and well! :biggrin:
(the late host of the old TV show Candid Camera, for the uninitiated)

disp350

Turn on the cam so they can see the recording in progress
Haven't had to do so yet (knocking the wood in my head), but I am waiting for a passenger rant about me, so I can tell them to look forward and smile, and make sure you report the truth exactly as it happened since I have you on dash cam video!