False accusations...inappropriate flirting

Rah

So today i get an email from Uber saying I was inappropiately flirting with a pax, smoking with them in the car and that I stopped to pick up a pack of cigarettes while they are in the car and my app was still running smh. None of this BS even happened! I took 5 rides today and am just now heading back out. Kinda nervous with pax making false accusations like this. Has anyone else been falsely reported to Uber and accused of things and how do or did you handle it? What should i do in this case. I don't need another pax saying this when its not true. Uber said any more reports like this I'm deactivated...I've never had any reports like this before. W.w.y.d.?

Last edited:

BigSlick

Go to the office, do not email them. Ask the person you speak with to review the trip in question. They should be able to see that there wasn't enough time on the trip for you to have stopped at a store.

Once that part of her story is proven false it discredits everything else she says. Then demand that it be wiped from your record.

Gees2016

Man those people at the Uber office know nothing... all they are doing is reading emails themselves....as drivers we need protection from stuff like this. These cheap funky lieing always in a rush entitled Pax can say anything abd Uber is on their side. Get a dash cam.

Reactions: Rah

Pulchra

So today i get an email from Uber saying I was inappropiately flirting with a pax, smoking with them in the car and that I stopped to pick up a pack of cigarettes while they are in the car and my app was still running smh. None of this BS even happened! I took 5 rides today and am just now heading back out. Kinda nervous with pax making false accusations like this. Has anyone else been falsely reported to Uber and accused of things and how do or did you handle it? What should i do in this case. I don't need another pax saying this when its not true. Uber said any more reports like this I'm deactivated...I've never had any reports like this before. W.w.y.d.?
C.Y.A. Get a camera.

wk1102

It is possible they mistakenly complained on the wrong trip.

What I would do is tell UBer I have dashcam footage, ask them what trip it was so you can send them footage of the trip. Even if I did not have a dash cam I'd do this. I'd keep up on it until they told me what trip or told me the complaint was no longer on my record and my warning was taken away.

Nitedriver

the green office on Bartram is always the best solution if something is escalating, I had a pretty good experience when I went over there, and I only went there 2times in 2 years..

AllmightyBillNye

We should form a group to protect us workers from our "employer" uber.

Let's call it a Confederacy, Uber won't figure it out until its too late

Danz Haagen

If there is no proof, it never happened.

bobby747

Try you best they can accuse u of anything at anytime. That's why cab driving is better. I drive Uber. But hate the idea a customer can say I seem Drunk which is a lie and deactivate me any day of the week . You can't even take a piss. Test rt. Away to prove u are clean. This is bad s tuff imho

disp350

Pulchra has the right idea. Since day 1 I have had a dash cam turned around to record the passengers and myself on every trip I have ever done. $40 was worth every bit of it. I don't worry the least about accusations - its all on my PC. I save them for about 90 days or so.

phluber

Had someone accuse me of racism about a week ago.

I get a ping for an UberPool request down on Columbus blvd and I was trying to keep my acceptance rate up so I wouldn't lose my guarantees from the DNC. I go to pick her up and she tries to cram 4 people and a baby with no car seat into my car. I tell her she'll have to cancel and order an UberX and she wouldn't, then tells me to just ignore the incoming uberPool requests. So I'm being asked to get ripped off and basically pay for the privilege of driving her up to N. Philly and drive my acceptance rate into the gutter because she wants to be cheap. So I cancel the ride and tell them to get out of the car. I end up getting an e-mail from Uber saying they had a concerning complaint and that the passenger believed it was due to discrimination.

@@@@ing ridiculous.

tl;dr: Woman wanted pool rate for 4 pax + baby in lap, accused me of racism when I wouldn't take the ride.

DelaJoe

I was accused once of taken money from a passenger for a ride that never happened...all lies. My friend who drove in NJ was accused of being drunk while driving. He went and paid for a blood-alcohol test. He is a recovering alcoholic who hasn't had a drink in over 10 years. It is amazing what a passenger will do to try and get their money back or a free trip. I am sure this person that accused you of being a racist was just trying to get a cheap ride to North Philly. It was very smart on her part. I am sure she found an Uber driver willing to do it or a driver told her what to do. Once passengers learn how to use Uber Pool in their favor they will continue to request.

So here is what you do. Take them. Get a request and drive to that spot. Tell the lady that at least 2 of the people have to get out here.

Go to Bartam office, I had something like this but they removed it. Once they took at my record, found out it was a pax that I hit for 4.9 in xl for 9miles.