False accusations....driving under the influence?

Ginger Bread

Wow this is the second time I have been temporarily deactivated for a passenger reporting that I may be under the influence!!! I don't even drink or do any type of drugs and have made no type of driving mistakes. Well the GPS often goes wacky downtown or on the vicinity and I get disoriented or have to make a last minute turn. I have a super friendly and bubbly personality and constantly joke and laugh with passengers so a stiff idiot may think I'm under the influence???? If a passenger thought I was buzzed wouldn't they stop the ride and get out of my car??? Lol this ridiculous!!! I'm just gonna be quiet and not say a word to these fools and be bored as hell while driving!!!

75drive

Wow this is the second time I have been temporarily deactivated for a passenger reporting that I may be under the influence!!! I don't even drink or do any type of drugs and have made no type of driving mistakes. Well the GPS often goes wacky downtown or on the vicinity and I get disoriented or have to make a last minute turn. I have a super friendly and bubbly personality and constantly joke and laugh with passengers so a stiff idiot may think I'm under the influence???? If a passenger thought I was buzzed wouldn't they stop the ride and get out of my car??? Lol this ridiculous!!! I'm just gonna be quiet and not say a word to these fools and be bored as hell while driving!!!
If I thought someone driving me was impaired I'd end the ride. Dash cam = Truth!

Ginger Bread

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Unfortunately I don't have a dash cam lol. It's ridiculous for me to have to prove that I'm not doing something illegal

ChiGal

I don't talk to them unless they talk to me. I have a 4.89 uber rating and 4.96 Lyft rating. A few passengers have asked me how long I've been driving for Uber because on their end it says 4.9. So I guess uber rounds up.

Wil_Iam_Fuber'd

And a dash cam is irrelevant to "proving you are sober" so it's not going to help you with this problem. But twice, dam something is going on here. Honestly, have never heard anyone else on this forum have this issue. You might consider asking for a meeting and see if you can isolate the problem.

Fireguy50

I had no idea lol. But it stops them from talking to me
That could be your problem, non responsive driver if they're trying to give you instructions.

And dash camera is essential , tax deductible, and you could quickly offer the tape. Rider's will say anything for a free ride, every time I offer the tape I get paid, you'd probably be reinstated and left alone. Get a Dash Camera

Mike887

That could be your problem, non responsive driver if they're trying to give you instructions.

And dash camera is essential , tax deductible, and you could quickly offer the tape. Rider's will say anything for a free ride, every time I offer the tape I get paid, you'd probably be reinstated and left alone. Get a Dash Camera
Which dash cam are you using?

Ginger Bread

I may never get to the bottom of why but the reactivate me as soon as I reply to the email. I only drive on the weekends at night so maybe Uber gets alot of weird complaints lol!

Ginger Bread

I'm going to check into the dash cam but the fact that a passenger doesn't end the trip immediately and get out of my car if I'm supposedly under the influence is just not realistic. I think Uber sees it this way also but whatever. I'm signing up for Lyft so I have a back up and going to not be so chatty with passengers lol. Have a great day everyone

ChiGal

I may never get to the bottom of why but the reactivate me as soon as I reply to the email. I only drive on the weekends at night so maybe Uber gets alot of weird complaints lol!
Do you drive too fast/slow, come close to passing streets/exits, so focused on talking to them that you aren't paying attention? For this to be reported more than once it has to be something you are doing. You should know how you are driving that would make someone think you are under the influence. That's a safety concern. More than one passenger wouldn't say that if you did not appear to be loopy. We can give you all the advice in the world but you've got to be honest about what you are doing and not feign cluelessness.

Ginger Bread

None of the above lol. Actually both occurrences seem to be on the same nights male passengers have flirted and we're denied ha!! Typical of a man to not handle rejection maturely. It took me a while to put this together lol. The guy at Uber helped me figure it out. He was a great help

driving312

This job requires driving safely not being super bubbly and talkative....and making wrong turns, not knowing where you are. You're a distracted driver and unsafe....but must love the sound of your own voice. That is why they are reporting you. They don't want to talk to you, be your friend, or be entertained, just get them to where they are going. SAFELY.
Willing to bet they were able to give detailed accounts how you almost hit other cars, people, curbs, or were all over the lanes while you were distracting yourself by talking.

Last edited:

BmoreDriver

This is the thread I've been searching for. I'm a new driver. 4 weeks in now and have a solid 5 stars on Uber and 4.8 on Lyft. I was in the drinking destination of the city at 130am bracing myself for the crazy night when I saw that my driver acct was deactivated. WTF? About 10 min later I got an email from Lyft saying that someone reported that I was under the influence. What?! Me? No way! Now granted, I was in an unfamiliar area for most of the night and we had such torrential rain that it made the Today show this morning and I was in the middle of it.
I understand that safety is #1 but Lyft quickly deactivated my acct and instructed me to reply directly to their email. I did and told them that there is no way that i am DUI. Sunday afternoon they reinstated me.
So, as easily as it was to deactivate me it was just as easy to get me back on the road. What kinda system is that?
Whatever. I switched over to Uber and was even more busy than I was with Lyft.