• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

False accusation

Sid0078

Hi everyone.iv been working with uber full time for over a year.working 6/7 days a week never had any rider complaint.4 days ago my account was put on hold.i looked at all my documents which were all valid so I emailed them and they said my account was being looked by serious offence team.after waiting a day I rang them from the app icon and I was told one of my rider accused me of driving a different car with different reg.i explained that I only drive the car which I'm allowed too.sent them photos of my car.i asked which rider had complained but they wouldn't give me details because of privacy laws.3rd day I rang them again but this time i was given the name of the rider and his address who made made the allegation.as I had lost 2 days of work I went to the riders house.the rider said he made no such complaint that I should ring uber and he will speak to them as to why they are making these allegation when he hasn't put in a complaint.but ubertold me to leave the rider alone and should not be in that area and should leave they didn't want to listen to the rider .got a call a few hours later saying my offence is still being looked at and they are waiting for feedback it's been 4 days now my account is still on hold .Can I sue uber for defamation of character and loss of earning

Karl Marx

Hi everyone.iv been working with uber full time for over a year.working 6/7 days a week never had any rider complaint.4 days ago my account was put on hold.i looked at all my documents which were all valid so I emailed them and they said my account was being looked by serious offence team.after waiting a day I rang them from the app icon and I was told one of my rider accused me of driving a different car with different reg.i explained that I only drive the car which I'm allowed too.sent them photos of my car.i asked which rider had complained but they wouldn't give me details because of privacy laws.3rd day I rang them again but this time i was given the name of the rider and his address who made made the allegation.as I had lost 2 days of work I went to the riders house.the rider said he made no such complaint that I should ring uber and he will speak to them as to why they are making these allegation when he hasn't put in a complaint.but ubertold me to leave the rider alone and should not be in that area and should leave they didn't want to listen to the rider .got a call a few hours later saying my offence is still being looked at and they are waiting for feedback it's been 4 days now my account is still on hold .Can I sue uber for defamation of character and loss of earning
Unfortunately you have no recourse and you signed over all your rights when you update your driver agreement. It is not like you work for Uber in a traditional sense, you are a independent contractor, subject to the actions and whims of the company. You would be ill advised to sue Uber unless maybe you wanted to take them to small claims court. Now...that would be interesting!

Tom Harding

Unfortunately you have no recourse and you signed over all your rights when you update your driver agreement. It is not like you work for Uber in a traditional sense, you are a independent contractor, subject to the actions and whims of the company. You would be ill advised to sue Uber unless maybe you wanted to take them to small claims court. Now...that would be interesting!
You guys can do more in the UK than we can do in the US. I think it would be VERY interesting for a class action suit for Defamation of Character. I don't think Uber's contracts cover such a thing. It would probably be against a passenger that lies, but Uber could be liable because Uber taks the side of the passenger. That suit would make world wide headlines.

mods1964

Difficult to launch a class action when 99.9 of All the allegations are true,, example this original post just don't ring true,, more likely, his car was in garage for a couple of days and he decided to borrow a friend's car and got caught,, tried to second guess who made the complaint but got it completely wrong,, now screaming his innocence to the world Believing the more dramatic he is the more likely people will believe him !! But the sad part is he probably couldn't afford a couple of days off and pay a garage bill because he works all hours for a few peanuts !!

Last edited:

Tom Harding

Difficult to launch a class action when 99.9 of All the allegations are true,, example this original post just don't ring true,, more likely, his car was in garage for a couple of days and he decided to borrow a friend's car and got caught,, tried to second guess who made the complaint but got it completely wrong,, now screaming his innocence to the world Believing the more dramatic he is the more likely people will believe him !! But the sad part is he probably couldn't afford a couple of days off and pay a garage bill because he works all hours for a few peanuts !!
Consider a 1, 2, or 3 star rating and a accompanying complaint that is not true. This happens all the time. Enough of these types of rating and complaints will cause a driver to be deactivated. Uber believes that ALL rides are telling the truth and ALL drivers are guilty of whatever the rider claims. I think these types of rating defamation of character or at least an insult.
Apparently you never got a 1 star rating and the rider claimed your car was dirty. I did. Picked her up at a gas station and took her home. She was at the wrong station, but I still found her. That was for Uber. THe next week I get the same rider at the same place but this time she orders Lyft. I asked her why the bad rating. She said "i donno know. I might have got the trips mixed up". I seems riders have up to 30 days to rate their rides. My car is washed and cleaned every day I go out.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Halfmybrain Chicago 1
MSLimey59 Advice 29
D Ratings 16