False accusation by pax as retaliation

Daisey77

Do you operate in a state where it's legal? Not that it's okay to drive high but hello, we pick up people and it is perfectly legal for them to Smoke & then ride in a vehicle. Passengers still try to pull that bullshit here, saying the car smells like weed. 🤦

AdAstra

Pandemic Protocol is car windows OPEN
As in, fresh air from the outside going to the inside of vehicle cabin.

no more odors

Last edited:

Another Uber Driver

They were hustiling a free ride. If they report you for "being high", "being drunk", "the car smelled like weed/alcohol", both Fubar and Gryft refund the customer, give them a coupon for more free or cheap rides then waitlist you for anything from twenty four hours to fourteen days. Given this COVID-19 business, you might get waitlisted even longer. Their "investigation" consists of letting your reply sit there, then, when they decide to relent, they restore your access. You do get a strike against your account. This means that two more false reports and it is Permanent De-Activation Station for you.

Some states actually require that Gryft and Fubar suspend you immediately upon receipt of such a report, but, they do this anyhow, even though they have no way of substantiating the customer's complaint. Both of them will admit that they know that people make false reports. In an honest moment, they will admit that they are sure that most of the reports are false and the complainants are only trying to hustle a free ride.

There are social media groups devoted to hustling, gaming and scamming Fubar and Gryft. One of the common suggestions is that riders tell the TNC that the driver was "high" or "drunk".

The result it that the customer gets free rides, Fubar and Gryft make themselves look like Responsible Corporate Citizens and the driver gets bent over and dry-reamed, as usual. Everything is done at the MAXIMUM INCONVENIENCE of the driver.

ThraddashTorch9517

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Some details I didn't share earlier:

Pax complained the moment he got into my car about the 5x surge price for his 1.0 mile trip. Also demanded I roll up all the windows because he was cold. Insisted he just tested negative for covid so he didn't need to wear a mask. We were maybe 0.4 mile from dropoff when he decides to cancel. I pulled over right away. I think he wanted to get a free trip. When he saw Uber charged him despite the cancel, he got furious and wouldn't leave the car. I told him to either reorder or let me go. He finally left. In hindsight, if I knew he could screw me so easily, I might have driven him that last 0.4 mile for free. He was young and fit. No reason he couldn't walk 1 mile let alone 0.4.

Whatever faith I had in people took a real beating ...

Edit: I posted this before reading Another Uber Driver's reply. Wow, makes total sense now.

Last edited:

ariel5466

Some details I didn't share earlier:

Pax complained the moment he got into my car about the 5x surge price for his 1.0 mile trip. Also demanded I roll up all the windows because he was cold. Insisted he just tested negative for covid so he didn't need to wear a mask. We were maybe 0.4 mile from dropoff when he decides to cancel. I pulled over right away. I think he wanted to get a free trip. When he saw Uber charged him despite the cancel, he got furious and wouldn't leave the car. I told him to either reorder or let me go. He finally left. In hindsight, if I knew he could screw me so easily, I might have driven him that last 0.4 mile for free. He was young and fit. No reason he couldn't walk 1 mile let alone 0.4.

Whatever faith I had in people took a real beating ...
What he did was BS, straight up. But you ignored the early warning signs of a problem passenger.

I'm not driving right now but when I go back, no mask = no ride. Not just because of COVID but because if they're going to refuse to comply with that reasonable request they're probably going to be a PITA in other ways. And he didn't want the windows down because he was cold? It's June, FFS.

If you do eventually get reactivated, learn to read the early warning signs of bad pax and stop the BS before it happens. This pax would've never made it into my car to begin with.

AdAstra

What he did was BS, straight up. But you ignored the early warning signs of a problem passenger.

I'm not driving right now but when I go back, no mask = no ride. Not just because of COVID but because if they're going to refuse to comply with that reasonable request they're probably going to be a PITA in other ways. And he didn't want the windows down because he was cold? It's June, FFS.

If you do eventually get reactivated, learn to read the early warning signs of bad pax and stop the BS before it happens. This pax would've never made it into my car to begin with.
I had a rider Demand I close the windows.
-I declined and immediately ended the trip a block from p/u location
-Rider refused to exit my vehicle
-I exited Taking my phone & Dashcam and called the Non-emergency 🚨 police number
-Rider overheard, jumped out of vehicle and RAN like she was on fire 🔥

ariel5466

I had a rider Demand I close the windows.
-I declined and immediately ended the trip a block from p/u location
-Rider refused to exit my vehicle
-I exited Taking my phone & Dashcam and called the Non-emergency 🚨 police number
-Rider overheard, jumped out of vehicle and RAN like she was on fire 🔥
I wouldn't have called the cops because someone wanted the windows closed. But, point taken.

Another Uber Driver

Edit: I posted this before reading Another Uber Driver's reply. Wow, makes total sense now.

Take a peek at the Complaint Boards. There are one hundred topics about just this kind of hustle. I do not know how long that you have been driving, but I see that you came to the Forum in February of this year. (If no one told you "welcome", I will extend to you a belated "welcome to youpeadotnet). If you are relatively new to this, you will run across all sorts of garbage from the passengers. This is why you will encounter so many jaded posters, here.

I have seen all of this, as I drove a cab for years. I still drive one, but, also I drive UberX and Lyft. I have been at this for some time. Not only have I seen it all, I have forgotten more than most drivers here ever will see; no brag; just fact.

Once I saw your details, ..........................yup, yup, yup, yup, yupper; you got hustled. Some here will tell you that this never has happened to them. They read about it here all the time and it never has happened to them, so it can not be real or frequent. It simply has not happened to those drivers Y-E-T.