• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Fake Uber driver rapist and new trend in name confirmations

Dammit Mazzacane

A Tukwila man who posed as an Uber driver raped a woman in December. He was charged.
Here’s the deal: the woman asked several drivers in cars in Ballard if they were picking her up. This led her to her fake driver.
A new(?) thing I saw on Facebook in reaction to avoid a situation like this is to ask the driver who they are here to pick up. If the driver won’t say, refuse the ride.
If passengers won’t ID themselves, will this make things more difficult for drivers who are advised to confirm the name by having the passenger say their name before letting them in the car?

RicoTasso

The only good thing about these recent Fake Uber driver attacks is now I see pax double and triple checking before getting in my car. It sucks though when I'm sitting kinda in the lane and they are standing there on the curb forever reading my plate and looking at my car. Yeah yeah I get it. My car looks a different color at night but how long does it take to read my plate number huh? This isn't a European plate. Only 7 numbers in this state. Get in the car already....DUDE!

MadTownUberD

The Trendy Transporter
Then once you tell them whom you're there to pick up, ask them who's there to drive them. If they refuse, cancel. What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

Dammit Mazzacane

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I haven't had a single person pull this yet. Have you?
Half the time, though, I see them walking toward the car and I wave at them and they sometimes wave back acknowledging a match. And I sometimes unlock and say their name as they enter if everything's looking correct (I know, somebody's going to knife me for my car if I go do that at night..... that's when you roll the windows down as they approach and chat before letting them in.)

aspacepig

I had this ugly-assed middle-aged dude (I'm one too) give me the 'what's my name?' this morning.

Like I rolled up on a sunny Saturday morning to abduct him for sale into some deviant sexual black market for beer bellies and receding hairlines.

Works retail in the market because he's now retired from a 90s hardware startup. Yeah right, mate.

Didn't tip of course.

Some real weirdo aholes in those apartments behind Alki beach.

1 starred with prejudice.

Last edited:

K-pax

I had this ugly-assed middle-aged dude (I'm one too) give me the 'what's my name?' this morning.

Like I rolled up on a sunny Saturday morning to abduct him for sale into some deviant sexual black market for beer bellies and receding hairlines.

Works retail in the market because he's now retired from a 90s hardware startup. Yeah right, mate.

Didn't tip of course.

Some real weirdo aholes in those apartments behind Alki beach.

1 starred with prejudice.
Beer bellies and receeding hairlines are most definately a fetish somewhere.

Seattle_my_beloved

I wish that everyday. No beer belly. Been about 6 years now. Sigh.
Oh in the last 4 months my mother made me do so much work that I have lost all my fat, things like breaking wood, plowing snow, pulling up water from the well and then carrying the buckets of water to our house. My body hurts. You don't wanna be me. Enjoy your belly lol. I am like a bear after hibernation.

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Scott.Sul Charlotte 1
StraightoutofCottleville St. Louis 2
Khanie London 0