• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Fake Surges

PioneerXi

Fake surges: the type of surge that appears on the map, but you don’t know you won’t get paid for them cause Uber claims it’s a “glitch”.

The glitch is there not paying for what is represented to bring you to the area.

There are two this morning:

1. Downtown
22AEDE7F-CCB7-492B-AB1A-55D0309C349C.jpeg

2. UCSD and Bay Ho.

FAA779FB-8530-4A5D-96D3-13480E9A69CE.jpeg

#dumbassalgorithm

Seth619navy

I don't know whether to laugh or cry, but there are people dumb enough to drive 5+ miles for those "surges". Meanwhile, they burned through more money than the surge itself just to get there.

meme.jpeg

PioneerXi

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I dropped off at the airport and drove down for the hotel pickups.

Having driven out of the area, I’m wondering:

1. Did other drivers see the same fake surge?
  2. More importantly, if the fake surge is “stuck”, can I see a real surge in the same or adjacent area?

DirtyRead

Another fake surge, Mission Valley.

View attachment 318904
At 5:00-5:30 that surge stretched all the way to Marina Blvd North into Sierra Mesa and was at $3.50.. There where four other large patches of surges in the &3.50 range that were active for a good 20 mins before reseeding any. They were all in normal surge places UTC, 4SRanch, Clairemont...but kind of early. I figured it was because of the rain and the start of the end of finals exodus.

DirtyRead

Y really couldn't say if they were real and paying out. I was done for the day and no surge real or imagined changes my going home filter.

Rideshareguy123

Fake surges: the type of surge that appears on the map, but you don’t know you won’t get paid for them cause Uber claims it’s a “glitch”.

The glitch is there not paying for what is represented to bring you to the area.

1. Downtown
View attachment 318851

2. UCSD and Bay Ho.

View attachment 318852

#dumbassalgorithm
Thats actually happened to me a few times. The best way is to avoid accepting rides that are missing the surge amount. If you accept it, make sure to check again before picking up the passenger and take a screen shot. If the surge disappears after u accept the ride, cancel the ride....no excetions for that petty BS

DirtyRead

What happed to the surge icon. there used to be an icon that said if there was a surge anywhere in the city.

Rideshareguy123

when you accept the ride. Click on the name of the passenger. You'll the see the name the rating and you SHOULD also see the current surge amount, if any....if your in an area thats surging, and you accept a ride and you dont see it when you accept, i recommend you cancel immediately, sign off and then sign on again. Hopefully this helps.

atmmanagement

1. Downtown
View attachment 318851

2. UCSD and Bay Ho.

View attachment 318852

#dumbassalgorithm
Happen to me for weeks then uber told me to delete and re-download the app been working since

Null

Usually where I have issues is the map will be colored, but the central price marker will be missing, closing and opening the app fixes the display.

Not sure if intentional or yet another Uber, 'a technology company' incompetency

PioneerXi

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Another fake surge.
Advertised, but does not appear in the ride offer.
Did someone say “bait and switch”?

E3EF3BE2-27F9-4118-9892-9813B83580FF.jpeg

Seth619navy

How about ultimate fake surge: when after you've completed a surge ride and it still says $___ on the next ride on the main screen. Next ride doesn't include surge.