Fake surge is new reality

luzer

You want to make any money stay out of surge area
Leaving mississauga. .. going home....dealing with crooks it's not fun

Johnny4cash

I have been at Vaughan mills for the past 30 mins and zero pings despite the app showing a 2.2 surge.. . Similar situation yesterday in Brampton and on Friday morning in East downtown....and in all 3 situations the fares were reflecting the surge despite the fact that there was an abundance of drivers nearby..

last month Uber was able to send the class action lawsuit that was started in New York alleging price fixing to arbitration and avoid the courts, the case didn't even include claims for these fake surges.

The more I drive 4 Uber the more I want to earn a law degree and the more I believe that Uber was created by the devil and not Travis... Or perhaps they are the same.
F**k uber

Darshit

Surge is for real, I am getting surge pings most of the time, but you need to get in the middle of it .Always drive right in the middle of it.

JanMarkus

Yesterday I got a ping and showed surge 1.8 in the request. There was NO surge indication in my screen just before the ping. Moral of the story - expect the unexpected :smiles:

Ashoor

I stayed in 2.2 surge for almot 1 hr. No pings. Wtf is going on.

I always say, that is like being in the middle of a category 4-5 hurricane yet not feeling any wind or rain, just good weather and sunshine.

Uber is either faking it or they have to tweak the algorithm so that surges update more in real time.

JanMarkus

Was just driving on Victoria Park and suddenly the screen went orange. Since I am in the center, I stopped to wait what happens next. 5 mins on, still no ping :-(

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170917-215114.png
    Screenshot_20170917-215114.png
    81.2 KB · Views: 61
Reactions: i_k

dmoney155

Was just driving on Victoria Park and suddenly the screen went orange. Since I am in the center, I stopped to wait what happens next. 5 mins on, still no ping :-(

But if you were to get one, you going to have it at surge rate, right?

i_k

Same hear. Been here for 15 min still nothing. They're teasing us..

IMG_0764.PNG

MonkeyTOES

Seems it started on Thursday night, near Rebel area during around 2am and after. Rebel wasn't opened but it was surging hard. They need to fix that shit before "somebody's gona get hurt real bad" - Russell Peters

Reactions: i_k

i_k

Seems it started on Thursday night, near Rebel area during around 2am and after. Rebel wasn't opened but it was surging hard. They need to fix that shit before "somebody's gona get hurt real bad" - Russell Peters

I feel like a sucka. :rolleyes:

Getting outta this BS furge before I'm stuck sitting here all night.

MonkeyTOES

I feel like a sucka. :rolleyes:

Getting outta this BS furge before I'm stuck sitting here all night.

Yea I'm going to head home soon. Been under this surge at North York for half an hour. I emailed uber just to see what they got to say even if they don't really help at all.