Fake Surge--A Glitch in the Matrix

GGDaddy

IMG_5001.PNG

Check out this fake surge that our Matrix Architect overlords created in a lazy, obvious manner.

The straight lines in a right angle aren't an issue with the map failing to load properly like we often see. I quit & relaunched the app a couple of times, zoomed in, etc. and that is what kept coming up.

They got lazy/sloppy/stupid with their fake surge design and didn't think we'd notice.

Had a fake boost last night (was in the BZ but it didn't show up on the ride details screen). Collateral damage--sorry Devin.

Uber is taking its scammery to a new level. Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss.

CrazyFemaleDriver

IMG_0809.jpg
IMG_0798.PNG
IMG_0797.PNG
Screenshot this last night-totally fake when you zoom. SAME EXACT TIME - I took more at same time going back & forth to prove it.

PDT

View attachment 158888

Check out this fake surge that our Matrix Architect overlords created in a lazy, obvious manner.

The straight lines in a right angle aren't an issue with the map failing to load properly like we often see. I quit & relaunched the app a couple of times, zoomed in, etc. and that is what kept coming up.

They got lazy/sloppy/stupid with their fake surge design and didn't think we'd notice.

Had a fake boost last night (was in the BZ but it didn't show up on the ride details screen). Collateral damage--sorry Devin.

Uber is taking its scammery to a new level. Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss.

Last night, When I drove thru a surge area it would scatter/disappear like I was driving thru a pile of leaves only to notice that 5 mins later it was surging directly behind me from whence I came. Seems legit.

Jo3030

It should be surging in the middle of DC something heavy right now
But it isn't.
Something is afoot.

Lyft is surging heavy right now in NE corridor

New2This

It should be surging in the middle of DC something heavy right now
But it isn't.
Something is afoot.

Lyft is surging heavy right now in NE corridor

Uber's doing that life changing 1.1X Boost.

Only current Uber surge I trust is Nats Park.

The more games Uber plays the less I drive.

Fornicate yourself Dara

Tars Tarkas

Had a surge around Manassas last night. I sat in the middle of it. But I kept getting 10 to 15 calls in a row to go to Jiffy Lube which is 15 minutes away, where there was no surge.

Jo3030

Fun ain't it?
I had similar situation.
Apparently not enough cars at the IAD lot. I got like 10 pings in a row w/ no surge at the airport (i guess they exhausted their pool and were picking from cars around the airport). I didn't fall for it. I prefer to just drive home empty if they're gonna pull scams like that.

New2This

Had a surge around Manassas last night. I sat in the middle of it. But I kept getting 10 to 15 calls in a row to go to Jiffy Lube which is 15 minutes away, where there was no surge.

Funny. My app showed surge out at Jiffy Lube at one point.

Any other company I would think it was technical issues. Uber, especially with a new CEO, makes me think it's deliberate.

Tars Tarkas

Funny. My app showed surge out at Jiffy Lube at one point.

Any other company I would think it was technical issues. Uber, especially with a new CEO, makes me think it's deliberate.
I wonder if different drivers see different surges. Anything is possible.

John Origami

So I actually experimented with it tonight. Couple observations.
1. Looked like surge from another time (as if it just was pulling from old surge logs). Wolf trap was surging at 3.5x on my map as if a concert had let out or something.
2. I had a friend request a trip. It told him the prices were higher due to demand for an UberX trip. I drove the trip, got paid at the surge rate. Surge was definitely not real because there were 8 uber drivers within about 0.25 miles of me.
3. Had another friend request a pool trip. didn't say anything about the higher demand and I did not receive the surge rate as a driver even though it was within the surge.

(side note: was trying to hit quest but there were 10,000 drivers out)