• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Fake Lyft PT in OC/LA

Jake2016

As most of you probably have a Lyft account and you know how misleading they are with their Prime Time (e.g., showing 50-200% PT with some pink boxes, which normally means no PT requests at least in my case), I wonder how you normally deal with this BS.

What I am doing is going on line to let all their crappy requests go through the whole cycle, without using the "x" button. Hence, if you're playing with me, I will play with you and your cheap riders, by extending their wait times.

If everyone does this collectively, we can and should disrupt and boycott their system at a larger scale. This should be our sweet revenge for their PT suppression in OC and destroying our ride-sharing market.

Thoughts/comments?

PS. I barely drive for Lyft, only DF's, when turning it on along with Uber's DF.

Adieu

After the new update Lyft puts you on the sh!tlist if you do anything OTHER than letting the ping ring thru

Btw you're a day late, morning saw ACTUAL 4th july/st. Patty's day level PT in actual specific real OC locations

Cap/throttling is off... even random places in irvine be PTing (somewhat, lol)

As to LA.... that was genuinely off the hook this morning, and kept sparking significantly into afternoon

Adieu

Saw PT 600, got a 400 who promptly canceled.

In a sea of pink, and one base ping after the other!
Did some painfully crappy 150% & 200%s in LA, lost a 250% to a cancel, then two quick and meaty LAX runs @ 200%xL and 150% regular... miscalculated and though it was over, started DFing home and missed 2 or 3 more rounds of faaaaaat surge

Jake2016

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
After the new update Lyft puts you on the sh!tlist if you do anything OTHER than letting the ping ring thru

Btw you're a day late, morning saw ACTUAL 4th july/st. Patty's day level PT in actual specific real OC locations

Cap/throttling is off... even random places in irvine be PTing (somewhat, lol)
What is Lyft's sh!tlist? If someone starts driving for Lyft and puts their amp in the car, it means this person is already on the sh!tlist.

Despite trying to show how good Lyft is to drivers, the company is awful! Tired of their fake and suppressed surges, surge manipulations, pickup requests 15-20 min away...

Adieu

What is Lyft's sh!tlist? If someone starts driving for Lyft and puts their amp in the car, it means this person is already on the sh!tlist.

Despite trying to show how good Lyft is to drivers, the company is awful! Tired of their fake and suppressed surges, surge manipulations, pickup requests 15-20 min away...
That's when you get stealth timeouts, deprioritized for surges, only shorties below peak surge, and if you look yourself up in rider app it's constantly trying to log you out of any additional vehicle classes you got

Jake2016

That's when you get stealth timeouts, deprioritized for surges, only shorties below peak surge, and if you look yourself up in rider app it's constantly trying to log you out of any additional vehicle classes you got
Is it what they do so maliciously? Personally, I haven't noticed it. Despite my acceptance rate at 3-5% on Lyft, I am getting what I need from them on DF and very rarely PT rides, as everyone does at least in OC

I needed to explain to their passengers a couple times that you get what you're paying for. They couldn't get a ride in their vicinity, after waiting for a long time and Lyft cars were available only 15-30 min away! After turning on the DF and receiving their ping, I was their savior :-)

Pinapple Man

As most of you probably have a Lyft account and you know how misleading they are with their Prime Time (e.g., showing 50-200% PT with some pink boxes, which normally means no PT requests at least in my case), I wonder how you normally deal with this BS.

What I am doing is going on line to let all their crappy requests go through the whole cycle, without using the "x" button. Hence, if you're playing with me, I will play with you and your cheap riders, by extending their wait times.

If everyone does this collectively, we can and should disrupt and boycott their system at a larger scale. This should be our sweet revenge for their PT suppression in OC and destroying our ride-sharing market.

Thoughts/comments?

PS. I barely drive for Lyft, only DF's, when turning it on along with Uber's DF.
Stop crying, they have let it Prime time a lot in the past four days. The heat maps were made for stupid ANTS to chase around town. Take your $2.56 rides or go home.

Jake2016

Stop crying, they have let it Prime time a lot in the past four days. The heat maps were made for stupid ANTS to chase around town. Take your $2.56 rides or go home.
Don't worry I made great money on Uber this week, with a blended surge at 1.9x, and my tips on Uber are as high as the total payout on Lyft.

Again, Lyft may be better in LA, while I am referring to OC, and I still believe Lyft has a long way to go for making their platform more attractive for drivers. As of now, it is a good filler for downtime on Uber.

PS. No one is crying here, so please use your language carefully. Understand?

Last edited:

somedriverguy

You forgot my favorite! Spend 20 minutes ignoring crap base, get 200 PT plus, get switched 2 minutes from pickup to mystery (most likely base) line trip.

LoveBC

Lyft technology can do that, only the Greatest Technology Company can't sort it out
But they can’t find an ant closer than 31 min away? Especially since that ping looks like Disney! Where ants are stationed round the clock!

Jake2016

What also makes me annoyed is their new added feature asking to rate my experience with the app on a scale of 1 to 5, without asking for any specific feedback.

I keep giving them 1 (poor) and so what? Why are they asking this damn question, if the rating I give them is not actionable and they really don't care.

What's more, I told them about their misleading Prime Time notification from my week 1 on Lyft (1.5 years ago). They said they were aware of the issue and were working on its improvement. Wtf? Nothing has improved since.

This tells a lot about Lyft. Perhaps they need to change their stupid pink color first to become a bit more mature emotionally...