Fake incident Reports

Nakeisha S.

I'm curious in regards to whether or not any Uber drivers have received crazy incident reports they didn't do. My husband have been driving for Uber for a few months now and recently people are making some crazy accusations against him. Excessive smoking complaint-He has never smoked, Dirty car-His car is always spotless, threw a customer out of his car mid trip-He's the friendliest person you would ever meet with the nickname smiley. One customer have even went so far as to claim he has sexually harassed her! He's seriously considering quiting altogether. He has an amazing day job and is only doing Uber for pocket money. Has anyone else experienced this????

Another Uber Driver

Most of us have had one or two, but nothing like what it seems is happening to your husband. The UberX and espcially Uber Pool users can be really whiney at times and tend to exaggerate.

Here are the complaints and the English Translations thereof:

1. Excessive smoking-A passenger threw out a cigaret before getting into your husband's car. He dragged the smell in with him. Your husband carries him to his destination, he gets out, your husband gets a ping two doors away. Of course, this is the one time that the user has toes on the kerb, gets in, smells the last smoky customer, complains. Anti-smoking is oh-so-fashionable, these days, so people will go out of their way to fuss about the smell of tobacco.

2. Dirty car-someone put a candy paper, a water bottle or another piece of paper onto the floor or in the door pocket, your husband did not notice but the next passenger did and whined about it to Uber. Uber: Everyone's Private Driver, NOT Everyone's Private Trash Can.

3. Threw a customer out of the car-passenger came up, gave incorrect name, your husband, of course, would not let him into the car. Rocket Scientist finds out name of person in the group who summoned the Uber, goes back to your husband, who, by this time has cancelled for a rider no-show.

4. Sexual harassment- Nice looking young lady comes to car, says "Are you here for Souxsie?" Your husband smiles, and says "Yes, Ma'am, Good Afternoon, Souxsie, this is your Uber".

shiftydrake

For Uber people that don't know.....or at least figured it out yet........people will complain about ANYTHING hoping to get something for free...or even get fare reimbursed so they will tell one whopper after another until they get the freebies........even in taxis.......don't believe me ask any other taxi driver.......hell even Another Uber Driver will back me up......

Another Uber Driver

people will complain about ANYTHING hoping to get something for free...Another Uber Driver will back me up......
Yes, they will and yes, I will.

We even had a sitting Taxicab Commissioner who used to try to demand free rides and threatened to use her position to harm my Company if we did not knuckle under. She was guilty of more than one misdeed, of which I had proof, so I made a counter threat to expose her. I then doubled down and told her that if she did not rectify her past misdeeds, I would expose her, anyhow. She straightened up, for a minute, after that. It finally did get to the point where no driver would carry her.