1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Fake EWR surges?

Discussion in 'New Jersey' started by USMCX, Dec 5, 2017.

1. USMCX

USMCX Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Can anyone confirm if these are real? Did anyone actually get a trip from there tonight? It seems odd that I see these clouds when I'm not there. Or as soon as I leave the area.

Attached Files:

2. Ardery

Ardery Well-Known Member

is that actually EWR? or does surge chaser include the surrounding boundary of the airport as well?

3. USMCX

USMCX Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Only the area I select within a tight radius. So it should be just the airport itself.

4. Moondance

Moondance Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    at ewr

Attached Files:

5. Ardery

Ardery Well-Known Member

that is definitely strange.

im out of the Philly market, and PHL never surges.

when the queue is super low, and demand is very high... the airport outer boundary turns bight red - but the airport itself - stays gray. I've been there only once when that has happened. I stayed out of the geofence'd queue, where it was bright red, and didn't get anything - until I entered the airport queue.

has ewr ever surged? has anybody actually gotten a ping with a surge?

6. JerseyBoy911

JerseyBoy911 Well-Known Member

Yup, Sunday after Thanksgiving.

Moondance likes this.
  7. Cardplayer610

Cardplayer610 Member

I had 3 small surge rides 1.4 1.6 and 1.6. Never saw a 2.0 or better

8. USMCX

USMCX Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    It's like the surge only happens AFTER I accept a ride. Has anyone else working there experienced a similar trend?

9. Deleo333

Deleo333 Member

Where can i get that app??

10. NJAudiDriver

NJAudiDriver New Member

Yes, EWR does surge on and off. You have it time it right and not necessarily be online until the surge begins.

11. pvtandrewmalone

pvtandrewmalone Well-Known Member

I got a 2.2X surge with DF to Cranford. Came out to about $35 for me, pax paid $41. Included 2 laps on the '500 because the pax's bag was not ready (yes I started the trip early). Uber Nav wanted me to go via local roads through Elizabeth, not take 78 to the Parkway.

Undermensch likes this.
  12. Moondance

Moondance Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    surge chaser. about $5 a month

13. SuzeCB

SuzeCB Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Don't start trips early anymore. I know you were doing laps. I mean in general. We now get $0.23/min. for wait time, but still only $0.1125 for minutes while the trip is taking place. I'm not sure what they're paying for the 3 mins. of allowed wait time for additional stops.

Undermensch likes this.
  14. ibeam23

ibeam23 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Since foober charges pax far more than we get paid they should add that "waiting time" to the pax's fare. Even though we make a few more pennies for waiting the pax isn't really charged for it so they will continue to not have toes on the curb when we arrive.

15. SuzeCB

SuzeCB Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Yes, they are charged for it.

16. ibeam23

ibeam23 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Really, on top of their upfront pricing? Foober doesn't give us breakdown of pax fare so I figured they weren't charged for it. I sure hope you are correct!!

17. USMCX

USMCX Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    They charge for the time you wait...when you get to the pickup destination. Not for the 5-10 minutes driving to the terminal from the Uber wait lot. I've arrived there only to find that the destination was in the middle of bumf*ckvilla and canceled the ride receiving a big fat $0. I guess I'm going to have to develop my scumbag ways and swipe the Confirm arrival as soon as I leave the lot *sigh