• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Fake complains , low rating riders and surge

littlekid

Within a week from 4.87 to 4.83; I am doing same no difference in my service. The only difference I was in surge area for too long and running between eastern suburbs to cbd for all shorter distances fare.

I can drive more but the quick drop in my rating stoping me to drive more. I have done nothing wrong no wrong turn etc.

Infact I receive one complain ' cleanliness' I know who did he was upset from start I realize later first he request than cancel and did request again I got unlucky both the time I got his ping but second ping after cancellation was with 1.7 surge. He sit and winge about surge, wrong address put purposely and giving me direction for another place not what he puts in Requesting address very unpleasant rider with rating 4.60

The only difference what I find most of the rider I picked with very low ratings like 4.3, 4.1,4.4 and 4.2 but I have no choice all the pings I was getting from poor rating riders , should I be bother about rating its drop within week and I am feelin quite down. Rating Is kind a someone put gun on ny head it's stoping me from driving any advice?

Scotsman

In the last few weeks, I have started to see many low ranking riders. The good thing is that drivers are now rating their riders appropriately and not giving everyone 5 stars regardless.

Recently, my ratings have also dropped suddenly and got 4 reports for doing nothing wrong.

I agree It's very demotivating but my advice would be, just keep driving and don't think too much about ratings. Stop accepting pings from anyone less than 4.6. That's exactly what I do right now.

I hope this helps.

Mr Fetch It

Don't stop driving man, that won't help your rating. A good tactic is to choose when to drive, I like Sunday Arvo's best with no surge, just a couple of laid back friendly drives. The only time I ever seem to get 4* is when its surging off its t*ts and its my 30th passenger for the day.

Syd-Uberer

Recently, my ratings have also dropped suddenly and got 4 reports for doing nothing wrong.
Glad it's not just me then. I seem to have been losing 0.01 every 1-2 days and haven't been doing anything different.

Then I'll get my 0.01 back, only to lose it again quickly!

Pax seem to be more tight with their ratings. I used to not give low ratings unless they were really bad, but now I feel screw it! I know for a fact many retaliate.

If they see their rating drop, it's an automatic 1 star!!

Stop accepting pings from anyone less than 4.6. That's exactly what I do right now.
Some days that would mean I don't drive anyone! The average pax ratings have been falling a fair bit! Previously average would've been around 4.7 - 4.8. Now 1.3 - 4.5 is very common.

Anything less than 4 I won't bother calling when I arrive for a pickup and will hide to claim a cancellation!

I found that Bondi area riders rated me down, so I stopped taking them, it's a short drive on empty back to Paddington/ Double Bay / Surry Hills
Bondi is the worst!! Closely followed by Coogee. Plenty of rich entitled pax around Double Bay, Rose Bay, Bellevue Hill, etc also, but generally not as bad as the eastern beaches!

The Fan

If riders start getting 1 star and we stop taking below rated rider... they will eventually realize to behave right

Syd-Uberer

That's the hope, but I think there's enough newbies who will just take anyone and pax can simply create a new account once they've trashed one. So in the end they don't need to care about their ratings.

Bexdog

That's the hope, but I think there's enough newbies who will just take anyone and pax can simply create a new account once they've trashed one. So in the end they don't need to care about their ratings.
Newbies are scared their acceptance rate will preclude them from getting decent rides. They're wrong but they will learn that the majority of pax with low ratings deserve it. It's just a matter of learning when to pick up pax with low rating.
I used to give everyone 5* until I got my first non 5* from a bloke who told me my service was good but not exceptional. Now I only take crap ratings during quiet times.

sliderz

pax can simply create a new account once they've trashed one. So in the end they don't need to care about their ratings.
This is what sh*ts be about uber.
We need to make sure we don't f**k up, yet the pax can start again once they realise no-one will pick them up anymore.
Uber doesn't care - they need these @@@@@@s to input the cash, that makes up theirs and our income.

kypreo4u

Got given a 1* last night no idea why just laugh now when it happened so no feedback given nothing at all .

Lexkan

It should be like GoCatch thumbs up or thumbs down. This cr@p 1-5 doesn't function. Anything but 5* is slowly degrading drivers.
And so many spiteful entitled brats in bondi

Icecool

Have anybody notice the number of rated trip as compare total trips has gone lower .
i do about 70 trips per week and only 20-25 is rated .it use to be about 50 rated trips . Has it got something to do with the uber new pax app that making them harder to rate us .
.i find alot good pax are happy with the ride but for some reason dont bother to rate . And you get these unhappy pax will throught the trouble of rating you and a bad report just to whinge and complain hoping to get a free ride

SydneyUber Chick

Have anybody notice the number of rated trip as compare total trips has gone lower .
i do about 70 trips per week and only 20-25 is rated .it use to be about 50 rated trips . Has it got something to do with the uber new pax app that making them harder to rate us .
.i find alot good pax are happy with the ride but for some reason dont bother to rate . And you get these unhappy pax will throught the trouble of rating you and a bad report just to whinge and complain hoping to get a free ride
The rider app often doesnt give a request for a rating anymore. Pax have to wait until they get the email from Uber and then follow a link from there. I had a pax ask me last night whether Uber had done away with the rating system because it never came up anymore so I'm guessing mot pax just dont know. If it comes up they rate, if it doesnt they dont. I think it makes it harder to keep a good rating as pax are more likely to go looking for a way to rate if they werent happy than if they were. Hopefully Uber puts it back soon so it just comes up automatically like it used to

Mr Fetch It

Number of ratings has definitely gone down since last update. Apparently sometimes pax arnt even given the option to rate? Anyone can confirm this?

The rider app often doesnt give a request for a rating anymore. Pax have to wait until they get the email from Uber and then follow a link from there. I had a pax ask me last night whether Uber had done away with the rating system because it never came up anymore so I'm guessing mot pax just dont know. If it comes up they rate, if it doesnt they dont. I think it makes it harder to keep a good rating as pax are more likely to go looking for a way to rate if they werent happy than if they were. Hopefully Uber puts it back soon so it just comes up automatically like it used to
Thanks

Icecool

This is what I said earlier uber rider app is making pax to rate us down with so many reason .
The rating explaination is flaw . It should be a 5 star mean you are happy with the ride and the driver can keep driving . Anything less than a 5 mean you are not happy with the ride the driver will be fired

sporadic

Newbies are scared their acceptance rate will preclude them from getting decent rides. They're wrong but they will learn that the majority of pax with low ratings deserve it. It's just a matter of learning when to pick up pax with low rating.
I used to give everyone 5* until I got my first non 5* from a bloke who told me my service was good but not exceptional. Now I only take crap ratings during quiet times.
My acceptance rate went down to 0% at one point... Was hoping for it to go to -2. <1.8x (MEL taxis are 1.5-1.7x) is a no go, 1.5-1.7x is when I'm feeling charitable and completely ignore anything below 1.5x. Also no one less than 4.7*.