• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

FAIR finally available in NY state. Without insurance?

Did anyone in NY state got a car from Fair? In most states Fair comes packaged with insurance. Not here. Here they require a 3rd party insurance. At the same time there are no insurers here willing to insure Uber drivers, not even with a commercial insurance. Any ideas what could be done?

I am without a car since the beginning of May and managed since to save the $540 for the Fair down payment (this included 3 days in homeless shelter) - and now this. Actually, there is a side story. Since I had no car I thought I need to cancel my very inexpensive Geico. However Geico talked me into a so called "in-between-cars-insurance" for about $20/mo. All would be fine but after that deal was finalized Geico hit me without warning and out of blue with $130 which in my situation felt like the end of life. So I called and canceled. Big error!

I was a good Uber employee but lost a car, my UI still pending. Those who were fired enjoy UI. Irony. HERE IS THE MYSTERY: How can Fair do business in this state if insurance is unobtainable here for the rentals and particularly not for Uber. Did look for employment right and left but my face has the color of age (much harder to defend than any other color). I guess the only option I have left is a letter to congressman?

Last edited:

kbrown

Did anyone in NY state got a car from Fair? In most states Fair comes packaged with insurance. Not here. Here they require a 3rd party insurance. At the same time there are no insurers here willing to insure Uber drivers, not even with a commercial insurance. Any ideas what could be done?

I am without a car since the beginning of May and managed since to save the $540 for the Fair down payment (this included 3 days in homeless shelter) - and now this. Actually, there is a side story. Since I had no car I thought I need to cancel my very inexpensive Geico. However Geico talked me into a so called "in-between-cars-insurance" for about $20/mo. All would be fine but after that deal was finalized Geico hit me without warning and out of blue with $130 which in my situation felt like the end of life. So I called and canceled. Big error!

I was a good Uber employee but lost a car, my UI still pending. Those who were fired enjoy UI. Irony. HERE IS THE MYSTERY: How can Fair do business in this state if insurance is unobtainable here for the rentals and particularly not for Uber. Did look for employment right and left but my face has the color of age (much harder to defend than any other color). I guess the only option I have left is a letter to congressman?
Actually, it's not a bad idea. Can you get a Fair car from another nearby state that does have insurance included?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I appreciate your thought. I think this would require a PA address and then PA license :smiles: I actually might end up doing just that.