Failed CORI check

Ashtmy

I apparently failed my CORI check for uber (which makes no sense, because I passed it for lyft a few days prior).

This is the reason I was given:
"The Division has determined that your records demonstrate the following offense, violation, or condition pursuant to 220 CMR 274.21: Suitability Standard:

• Age Requirements. less than 1 year"

What does that even mean???? They have me a security code so that I could access my results but that isn't even working. I don't understand. I'm 24, I've had my license for 6 years, I've never had so much as a speeding ticket. What's going on??

chitown73

Was your drivers license recently renewed? I had been driving for 10+ yrs when I applied for Uber but has just renewed my license 6 months earlier and they told me that I needed to have at least 1 yr of driving history.
Uber doesn't exactly hire the smartest people.

Last edited:

Ashtmy

I moved from CT to MA so I did get a new drivers license. But that's why I had to do the CORI check, because I moved to Mass. So what, now I can't drive here at all for a year?

BSki

I moved from CT to MA so I did get a new drivers license. But that's why I had to do the CORI check, because I moved to Mass. So what, now I can't drive here at all for a year?
After a lot of bullshit with Uber they are going to want one of two things. A picture of your old drivers license, or a driving record from the DMV.

Asshats at Uber don't seem to actually perform any kind of DMV check or they would be able to actually see your driving history.

chitown73

After a lot of bullshit with Uber they are going to want one of two things. A picture of your old drivers license, or a driving record from the DMV.

Asshats at Uber don't seem to actually perform any kind of DMV check or they would be able to actually see your driving history.
Luckily for me I had my old drivers license and just submitted that as proof that I've been driving for over a year