• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

F***ing Uber And Lyft Drivers Is Apparently A Thing

Farlance

Whoah, whoah, whoah, guys.

Do not do this. Do not. I deactivated someone permanently the other night because of this. It is completely against the rules. If they choose to give you their phone number, you're free to do as you please when you're not taking rides, but never ever solicit a rider for their information or attempt to 'hook up', please. I really hate deactivating people, it makes me super sad. :frown:

grams777

Author
My guess is the article was a bit of sensationalism. I agree that there are too many ways things can go wrong in this situation and it should be avoided. Most of the passengers in this situation are likely intoxicated and it's not really appropriate. If they wanted to get in trouble they could have driven themselves.

Sydney Uber

Do not do this. Do not. I deactivated someone permanently the other night because of this. It is completely against the rules. If they choose to give you their phone number, you're free to do as you please when you're not taking rides, but never ever solicit a rider for their information or attempt to 'hook up', please. I really hate deactivating people, it makes me super sad. :frown:
So we send in the number of any toey riders to the local office for some true CSReaming UBER style? :cool:

Bully

lol, what happened?

I had quite a few girls ask me if I had a gf and asked me out... I always say I have a gf so I avoid the headache... they're usually a 7 or an 8... lol. I have higher standards.

Oh one time these really 2 hot girls gave me the best shoulder massage I ever had. Such a tease. But I kept it professional

Last edited:

Farlance

lol, what happened?

I had quite a few girls ask me if I had a gf and asked me out... I always say I have a gf so I avoid the headache... they're usually a 7 or an 8... lol. I have higher standards.

Oh one time these really 2 hot girls gave me the best shoulder massage I ever had. Such a tease. But I kept it professional
Sexual harassment complaint. Sounded a lot to me like 'I was drunk and made out with my driver and then decided I wanted to cause hell'.

Bully

That is exactly why I avoid working at night. Dealing with drunks and fake accusations. If a girl asks me out during day time, I know it's genuine because there's less chance she's intoxicated... anyways... that driver must be really stupid to make out with a drunk girl that can make him lose his job.

Edit: Quick question though, how can you be sure that this girl isn't just making the story up to mess with the driver? Do you guys make them do a police report?

dominant7th

Sexual harassment complaint. Sounded a lot to me like 'I was drunk and made out with my driver and then decided I wanted to cause hell'.
And THAT is exactly why I really try to keep it professional. I've had some flirty, beautiful passengers too but I still went home alone :oopsies:

Bully

Here's my number, so call me maybe?
Well I would just say: Here's my number, text me maybe? But I know you work for uber so I tried to be a little bit more diplomatic :cool:

It's not exactly soliciting but whatever. Texting is better because If she texts you, you got written proof in case she makes something up.

Bully

I'll give my feedback and try to improve the technique once I break up with her for good :oopsies: