Ez tag

Jose22

Hello everyone , i have like 3 - 4 weeks without being charged by the tolls,
Does anyone have the same problem?
I should raise my balance or wait for then to charge me ?

UberCadi

I went almost 3 months without a charge. Started right after they had all the issues when they did their system upgrades and most people were getting charge excessively. Wasn’t appearing in violations check either on their site. Started getting worried and didn’t want to get a surprise outrageous bill somewhere down the road. so I sent them an email through their site. Took them 4 weeks to respond. After they did, the only were able to go back a few weeks it seems and only a few from Grand Parkway appeared from the past. Nothing from Hardy (rarely use beltway). Now, all my tolls are getting tracked. But, I got a nice couple of 2-3 months free. That was probably $100-150 free.

So, it’s a double edge sword. If I wouldn’t have said anything it appears I would have been free of paying. But, if I hadnt??? I’ll never know.

Jose22

I have like 80 dollar in tolls, i think i goind to call then monday, when i try to call then yesterday they say that the tolls can take until 150 days to be charge but still i was dont know if this its normal.

JCHeights

Everything is probably still a bit of a mess post Harvey. I take it everyday for work (SH Tollway south) and I just checked and have been getting charged every day since the 12th and it recharged when I got below $10 so no issues at all with me.

AAApone

At least yall aint trying to get money back from them. Have almost 40 dollars in charges between aug27 and sept 14 when they said the tolls were supposed to be free but tx tag charged them anyways.

yamafx4dude

They can read the registration stickers on your car so even if your plate is bad they will go off the registration sticker.

WonderLeeWoman

Ok thanks guys! Wow, They "fine" ya.... Shi$ I'll pay tolls but a fine...? Best b getn me a tag cuz I've went thru a couple by accident (didn't know and missed exit to get off)

Last edited:

yamafx4dude

get a TX Tag. its free and they charge $20 to refill. HCTRA charges $15 a tag and the refills are $40. PS i hate the HCTRA.

Cou-ber

Ok thanks guys! Wow, They "fine" ya.... Shi$ I'll pay tolls but a fine...? Best b getn me a tag cuz I've went thru a couple by accident (didn't know and missed exit to get off)
Some of them don’t have tolls so you have to have a sticker or you’ll rack up charges. Westpark and Hardy are tag only....what else??? There’s a list somewhere but as a driver it’s kinda needed and expected.