• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

EZ-Pass Replenishment Threshold Nightmare

Clarity

I really hate EZ-Pass right now. I wish more people signed this petition that a member by the name of BagOfPokerFaces started months ago. Although I don't think a petition is going to change this.
It also doesn't look like Jersey has the pay-as-you go option. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Please note I no longer keep my credit card saved on my account anymore because they were automatically charging absurd replenishment bills.

Right now my account says Replenishment Amount: $110.00 with Threshold Amount: $55.00. I understand the system automatically updates the thresholds based on how often I use tolls in
the last 90 days, but this is irritating because now everytime I go through the tolls it says I have a low balance. It's not that low, it's only between $25 and $50. I was depending on the $25 or $15 threshold so that as soon as it said Low Balance, I would just add more money. That way I'm covered and I won't accidentally fall into a negative balance. Now with the screen constantly telling me I have a low balance, I don't know if my balance is like $.01 or $54. This means I have to login to EZ-Pass more often than before just to check my balance.

It would be helpful if EZ-Pass allow their users to have more control over what they consider is a low balance - not a machine and algorithms from hell. I'll just have to make it part of my weekly or every other day routine.

Perhaps a phone notification would alert me as soon as my balance is under $25 or $15 and it stays that way.

Last edited:

TheNJBen

My favorite ez pass story is when u had a CC number stolen and I forgot to update it with ez pass and I got violated on the PA turnpike. I filled out the form to have it debited to my ez pass and my appeal was denied due to my account not being in good standing at the time due to an invalid credit card. However being that I have a valid account now I was allowed to submit a check for $2.25 to satisfy the toll. So a letter to me, a letter to them, another letter to me, and a check to them all over $2.25

SaintCl89

Ezpass is the worst. Long story short. No notifications to call customer service. Nothing. Just go ezpass. 31 tolls unpaid. Get the letters. Call them. Pay the tolls. They want 2300 in violations. They won’t wave the fees. They don’t care. They want it. So I’m stuck with 2300 in violations. It’s pretty awesome

Uber00

Ezpass is the worst. Long story short. No notifications to call customer service. Nothing. Just go ezpass. 31 tolls unpaid. Get the letters. Call them. Pay the tolls. They want 2300 in violations. They won’t wave the fees. They don’t care. They want it. So I’m stuck with 2300 in violations. It’s pretty awesome
Lolololzz

StuGotz

There has got to be more to the story. You most likely didn’t have an account or an account in bad standing.

Uberklrm

What are the NJ discounts?
25% off regular peak hour rate for NJ Turnpike (Peak Hours = M - F: 0700 - 0900 and 1630 - 1830; SS Peak Hours: ALL day.) Discounts are for NJ Turnpike, No discounts on GSP. You also get same EZpass rate on NY-NJ Port Authority facilities e.g., Lincoln, Holland, GWB. (When you swap transponders make sure you put the one not in use in it's protective wrapper so you don't get charged twice.)

Last edited:

Caspita

Is it possible to buy both and toss the unused one into Faraday bag? Like use the NJ one in NJ only and switch to the NY one when you cross over
Yes you get the best of both worlds if you get both and add all the possible plans on each. Just need to learn to use them wisely. If you have a high efficiency car much better!

StuGotz

I’ve had an account for like 15 years and no it wasn’t in bad standing
Like I said. There has to be more to the story. I have my plate registered with them under my account. I don’t even use a transponder anymore since mine stopped working and I have no issues. Never fines me.

SaintCl89

Like I said. There has to be more to the story. I have my plate registered with them under my account. I don’t even use a transponder anymore since mine stopped working and I have no issues. Never fines me.
That’s prolly because yours is nj ezpass and mine is ny ezpass. Two separate entities

tohunt4me

I really hate EZ-Pass right now. I wish more people signed this petition that a member by the name of BagOfPokerFaces started months ago. Although I don't think a petition is going to change this.
It also doesn't look like Jersey has the pay-as-you go option. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Please note I no longer keep my credit card saved on my account anymore because they were automatically charging absurd replenishment bills.

Right now my account says Replenishment Amount: $110.00 with Threshold Amount: $55.00. I understand the system automatically updates the thresholds based on how often I use tolls in
the last 90 days, but this is irritating because now everytime I go through the tolls it says I have a low balance. It's not that low, it's only between $25 and $50. I was depending on the $25 or $15 threshold so that as soon as it said Low Balance, I would just add more money. That way I'm covered and I won't accidentally fall into a negative balance. Now with the screen constantly telling me I have a low balance, I don't know if my balance is like $.01 or $54. This means I have to login to EZ-Pass more often than before just to check my balance.

It would be helpful if EZ-Pass allow their users to have more control over what they consider is a low balance - not a machine and algorithms from hell. I'll just have to make it part of my weekly or every other day routine.

Perhaps a phone notification would alert me as soon as my balance is under $25 or $15 and it stays that way.
Petitions usually work so Well for Uber Drivers !

Attachments