1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Extra stop

Discussion in 'Ottawa' started by Bob-sky, Jan 5, 2017.

1. Bob-sky

Bob-sky New Member

Today I picked up an old couple at LCBO. She wanted me to stop at a gas station which was not even on the route. I refused. Of course she was upset and said every driver she met would like to do that for her. Haha how funny and cheap pax. I drove 4km to pick them up and drove 2km to send them home, making 3 dollars. Still want me to spend extra 5 min for her to buy cigarettes! And for sure I got 1 star from her.

brendon292 likes this.
  2. Ozymandias16

Ozymandias16 New Member

In my opinion you are in the wrong here, it wasn't an unreasonable request. You are meant to provide a service for those people; they are the ones paying for the trip. It sucks that you had to drive far to pick them up but that's not in their control. Customers will remember good service, as proven by your customer's comments about other drivers.

Danny3xd likes this.
  3. Ahmeduber

Ahmeduber Active Member

Ask to edit destination

CanadianUberMan and brendon292 like this.
  4. brendon292

brendon292 Well-Known Member

I agree, stops are a pain in the ass, especially with how low rates are. I will do them however if the PAX agrees to update the address.

5. Ozymandias16

Ozymandias16 New Member

Extra stop doesn't give you any extra fare. Fares are calculated on distance and time only.

Source: Uber

6. brendon292

When putting in a stop, Uber reverts to the old billing system from "upfront fare". You will be compensated for extra time and kilometers.

Danny3xd likes this.
  7. Ozymandias16

Ozymandias16 New Member

You are already compensated for extra time and kilometers without adding an extra stop. To which old billing system are you referring?

8. brendon292

The old billing system compensated the driver for every minute and every kilometer.

The new billing system aka "Upfront Fares" charges the passenger a predetermined amount and pays the driver 75% of that. If you make a wrong turn, a detour, or if you're stuck in traffic, you will not be compensated any extra. If the passenger changes the address during the trip, the system reverts back to the old billing system of time + kilometers

9. Ozymandias16

Ozymandias16 New Member

Okay thanks, one question, the 75% you are referring is the regular take by the driver or does uber take more on top of that?

10. brendon292

Uber takes 25% (20% for some veteran drivers). They also get a $2.00 "rider fee".

11. CanadianUberMan

CanadianUberMan Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Usually what I do when a passenger wants to stop somewhere not on the way - is edit the destination through my app without even telling them. They ask me to drive them somewhere else not where they want to go - in my eyes - that's changing the destination. 9 times out of 10 they don't even notice and if they do they don't care - they're just not aware that they can change it - or see it as an inconvenience.

Bob-sky likes this.
  12. MajorPainage

MajorPainage Member

I think when you change the address, it notifies them on their phone also.
    Just like when they change the address, you get a notification too.
    Can't hide much.

13. ploober

ploober Active Member

You're way off base here. It's completely an unreasonable request. The reason being, with upfront fares, we're literally NOT getting paid to make the side-trips and quick errands. They're NOT paying for it, and that's why it's unreasonable.

CanadianUberMan likes this.
  14. Coolcat1969

Coolcat1969 Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Canadian Uber Man is correct with changing dest... sit at McDonald's drive thru for 20-40mins for .15 min... but the meter doesn't run if your gps isn't moving.. did one tonight, pay is incorrect, and don't waste time emailing Uber they will send pre ordered messages....

When riders ask to stop at places like McDonald's or other and you have to wait or end the ride and get poor rating, it's tough cause they use your ratings to control you, if you give them a bad rating they just return the favour after they see you dropped their rating, so you have zero choice to sit there for nothing smile and rate 5 Star, and be pissed behind your breath...

So this is what you should do after the ride... rate 5 stars and carry on and shake it off but... take you little note pad or the one in your phone and note the time and date of the ride... wait after 96 hours, and change their rating to 1 Star, and tell uber they blackmailed your rating into 20 min wait times or refused to change destination or what ever the case is...

After 96 hour they can't change your rating, 1 Star you don't have to deal with them again, and they don't know who dropped their rating. This is common practice from Pro drivers that maintain 4.9R and deal with poor riders just like you. (Do it late in the morning like Sunday 4-5am, they go to bed with their 4.7R and wake up Monday morning with a 4.5R and they are like WTF, and they don't have a clue what happened)

Enough people do this the rider will drop below 4.4R and have trouble getting cars... you win they lose.. CC

Last edited: Jul 23, 2017
    CanadianUberMan and Bob-sky like this.