• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Extended warranty

Older Chauffeur

There is a company doing a lot of tv advertising, claiming they can save you big bucks on repairs, even on older cars. I looked into it for my ‘02 Lexus. I was especially interested in what items might be excluded, such as timing belts/chains, as mine has not been changed yet at 72k miles. Well, it turns out that’s a “maintenance issue “ and not covered. You have to do all “recommend service” to have your car be eligible for warranty coverage. From some of the comments posted by customers, this particular company also takes extraordinary time to investigate, delaying or trying to avoid paying out, on top of charging high premiums.
I would read very carefully all the fine print to be sure you are aware of every restriction and loophole.

mbd

There is a company doing a lot of tv advertising, claiming they can save you big bucks on repairs, even on older cars. I looked into it for my ‘02 Lexus. I was especially interested in what items might be excluded, such as timing belts/chains, as mine has not been changed yet at 72k miles. Well, it turns out that’s a “maintenance issue “ and not covered. You have to do all “recommend service” to have your car be eligible for warranty coverage. From some of the comments posted by customers, this particular company also takes extraordinary time to investigate, delaying or trying to avoid paying out, on top of charging high premiums.
I would read very carefully all the fine print to be sure you are aware of every restriction and loophole.
Most are scam . Don’t buy it, if you are buying it, get it through the big dealer( they most likely will honor it) car max very good with its warranty.
Extended warranty through small lots car dealers ,has too many loop holes. They will find one loop hole and screw you.
Example- motor bad- they will tell you to pull apart the motor( labor fee high)and take it to x.
If they don’t agree with you, you then have to put the motor back 😉 Oil change- seems like you did not do oil change on time.

Daisey77

Personally, I wouldn't even mention Rideshare at any point in the car buying process. You're going to have a hard time finding a lender that will lend you money if you can even find one. The extended warranty and gap insurance will definitely never pay . They're to come up with any excuse related to rideshare to not pay . Don't even put Rideshare in their head

Daisey77

Or make sure you remove all your signage from the car when you service it
This is very true. This is another reason why I never display my signage unless I'm doing a pick up at the airport. A girl here had her warranty on her tires voided because she forgot to remove her signage. It cost her four new tires

EngineerAtHeart

This is very true. This is another reason why I never display my signage unless I'm doing a pick up at the airport. A girl here had her warranty on her tires voided because she forgot to remove her signage. It cost her four new tires
I took my old car in for a transmission reprogram (normal service every 50,000 miles) took the signage off and no questions were asked. I've also had extended warrenty work done for replacing the rear right window motor and the passenger window switch replaced, no questions asked.

Daisey77

I took my old car in for a transmission reprogram (normal service every 50,000 miles) took the signage off and no questions were asked. I've also had extended warrenty work done for replacing the rear right window motor and the passenger window switch replaced, no questions asked.
Exactly. Your job doesn't come into play, as it shouldn't buuuuut leave got signage up and suddenly everything is different.