1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Expunged record

Discussion in 'Advice' started by Kalyan, Oct 28, 2015.

1. Kalyan

Kalyan

I was convicted of wet reckless driving in California in 2014 and my probation is for 2 years. I can get it expunge but I am worried if I would be able to drive for uber after the exxpungement coz the expungement will clear it from my background but not the driving record. I mean it will say that the wet reckless case was dismissed or smth like that in my driving record. So, will I be able to drive? Is there anyone who has had similar case here in the forum? Please suggest me whether I should go ahead with the expungement process or not, thank you.

2. FlDriver

FlDriver

Isn't it currently on your record?

I thought expungement means having it removed- so how would it still show up if that's the case?

3. Kalyan

Kalyan

currently it is on my record. I guess it depends on which state your in. In california, expungement is not clearing the record. It clears the background record but not the driving record. it shows up as case being dismissed rather than being cleared from the record. This is what i have gathered after talking to different lawyers and looking things up. But i could not find if i would be able to drive for uber after i expunge it.

4. They check both your background and driving record. I doubt they will approve you.

5. Kalyan

Kalyan

Even after expungement? That is my main question. I guess i am also not very clear on expubgement so let me do that. So expungement in california means that we can say no in the application forms and interviews (there are few jobs that we need to admit though). The record will state that the wet reckless case i had was dismissed after conviction or smth close.