• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Express Drive and Out of State ID

UberATL30039

Does anyone know if you can rent through Lyft's program is your ID is out of state? Would appreciate people that actually know as you can't tell by Googling. Currently in Maryland and it wasn't clear until you go there in person but they said it's a restriction of Maryland. Thanks for any pointers!

seymour

Seems to me that common sense would dictate that you can't drive in any State with an out of State license, after 30 days. Probably why it's not in the google vault.

UberATL30039

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Seems to me that common sense would dictate that you can't drive in any State with an out of State license, after 30 days. Probably why it's not in the google vault.
That's actually not even close to correct. I've been in MD driving since May with my GA ID and was driving for 2 years in Florida. Every state has its own requirements, hence why I inquired directly here but thanks 🤷🏼‍♂️
Post automatically merged:

You can rent a car but Uber or Lyft won’t let you drive if the DL on your account doesn’t match the state you’re driving in.
That's definitely state/city specific as I just addressed. It actually looks like there may be sections of Washington state I could still drive with my GA ID, but I did find specific requirements for Seattle that would prohibit me from making this happen real quick

Travis Bickle Uber

That's actually not even close to correct. I've been in MD driving since May with my GA ID and was driving for 2 years in Florida. Every state has its own requirements, hence why I inquired directly here but thanks 🤷🏼‍♂️
Post automatically merged:

That's definitely state/city specific as I just addressed. It actually looks like there may be sections of Washington state I could still drive with my GA ID, but I did find specific requirements for Seattle that would prohibit me from making this happen real quick
I meant in Seattle. You’ll soon learn our city council loves to make things confusing and difficult. For both sides.