Explain this to me

Canteev

Why do some of the Uber passengers think they can wait at corners of streetlights where the driver will no doubt need to stop traffic to pick them up? I was literally two car lengths away from a pax and told him he needed to walk back a bit to get to me where I was parked. He insisted that I pick him up at the corner of a light. Even though I saw him, I got out of my parking spot and turned at the light and canceled on him.

I am mad because this is a recurring theme. These paxes refuse to use their common senses. Yet, they'd be quick to sue Uber if they got hit by another car because they wanted to be picked up in the middle of the street.

Ardery

Why do some of the Uber passengers think they can wait at corners of streetlights where the driver will no doubt need to stop traffic to pick them up? I was literally two car lengths away from a pax and told him he needed to walk back a bit to get to me where I was parked. He insisted that I pick him up at the corner of a light. Even though I saw him, I got out of my parking spot and turned at the light and canceled on him.

I am mad because this is a recurring theme. These paxes refuse to use their common senses. Yet, they'd be quick to sue Uber if they got hit by another car because they wanted to be picked up in the middle of the street.
nah dude, you were absolutely right. you need to park in a temp space or load zone.

don't block traffic. if he gives you sht about it, tell him you cannot block traffic, you will be cited by the police. if he doesn't want to walk over to you, F him.

ibeam23

I've had a few pax drop the pin right on the corner of a busy intersection, one where there's no safe place to pull over. I'll drive passed them to where it's safe to pull over and call and ask them to come to me. If I get slightest attitude I cancel and drive away. I refuse to play the "no you cancel" game. I'd rather see their confused face as I pull away then risk a hostile pax who is dumb enough to think their pickup location was acceptable.

MaximusMurkimus

My favorite instance of this was in Newark on Broad Street during rush hour. This woman wanted me to pick her up at the 7/11 there, on a one-way road where there's clearly no stopping or standing. I drove by her and she called. "You passed me!" "I sure did." It was a Pool ride, so I instantly got the cancel fee.

Best of all, after I canceled the area started surging 2.0. Hope she learned her lesson.

freeFromUber

My favorite instance of this was in Newark on Broad Street during rush hour. This woman wanted me to pick her up at the 7/11 there, on a one-way road where there's clearly no stopping or standing. I drove by her and she called. "You passed me!" "I sure did." It was a Pool ride, so I instantly got the cancel fee.

Best of all, after I canceled the area started surging 2.0. Hope she learned her lesson.
Learned her lesson? Don't count on it!

Jcewr17

I hope that guy in the other thread reads this post. These are good examples of cancellations because of stupid pax.