Explain this... ride and tip

albert+

77D3C42E-87F4-455E-A966-82D05F5B3A51.png
4392A289-F788-4281-8C30-239F2096ABA6.png

divo183

My girlfriend bought an Uber package this month that takes away $5.00 from the fare. She sometimes takes it to work and always takes it back and she barely pays $2.00 per trip. She also signed up the 10% back Uber credit and she usually got credit from that too. If she takes a Minimum fare she usually pay $0.00.
IMG_7858.jpg

If you want to baffled, explained this to me. We have tried before, but it has happened twice.
IMG_7738.PNG

Last edited:

E30addixt

Imagine not tipping at all.

I bet that happens for more than 90% of your Uber rides.

So I don't get the complaint that someone isn't tipping enough. Something is better than nothing to me.

I'd prefer no tip to that 50 cents. You're not tipping to tip in my cynical, jaded @@@@ed up mind. To me, that's slap in the face and a not so subtle @@@@ you, not a tip. It's kinda like dumping your pocket change into a tip jar because you don't want it.

Goodellsux

Only Uber drivers would complain when riders don't tip, and also complain when they don't tip enough.

Jesus.
I don't get a lot of tips, but to skip the auto button and go to the trouble of manually giving a 50 cent tip, I see it as an insult. That is one ride that I would go to the trouble of going back and dropping their rating to a three, to ensure that person doesn't get back in my car.

I don't complain when people don't tip.

DudeGuy

What if he tipped more, but it was covered by credits except for 50 cents, so it's listed that he tipped 50 cents. I don't know, jist spitballing...

Arb Watson

Only Uber drivers would complain when riders don't tip, and also complain when they don't tip enough.

Jesus.
Jesus gave plenty of bread to its followers.

I don't get a lot of tips, but to skip the auto button and go to the trouble of manually giving a 50 cent tip, I see it as an insult. That is one ride that I would go to the trouble of going back and dropping their rating to a three, to ensure that person doesn't get back in my car.

Maybe they meant to put in $50. Uber pax app can play tricks :smiles:

Brian G.

I was given a quarter once when I was a cabbie out of Newton. I dropped off at the logan and the total was $59.75. The pax told me to keep the quarter and it was my tip lol. I said no thanks but he insisted so I took it and threw it over my car in terminal B while a statie was right behind and saw my quarter toss, he didn't do anything I'm guessing he knew what just had happend.

Tysmith95

I was given a quarter once when I was a cabbie out of Newton. I dropped off at the logan and the total was $59.75. The pax told me to keep the quarter and it was my tip lol. I said no thanks but he insisted so I took it and threw it over my car in terminal B while a statie was right behind and saw my quarter toss, he didn't do anything I'm guessing he knew what just had happend.
I wish we got 60 plus regular tips from Newton to the Seaport :frown:.