Explain this "New Pay Period" thing

Daisey77

OK someone please explain this new pay period Fuber has implemented. So our pay period is now Tuesday at noon through Tuesday 11:59 a.m., correct? Yet the app still reflects the work week as Monday through Sunday? what's really confusing me is, my instant pay from 6 a.m. Monday morning (technically last week on new pay schedule) and my direct deposit, from last week, that went in Tuesday night, is showing up in this week's weekly earnings summary . They are actually calculated into the equation for my total income for this week. Now Monday would have calculating into this week had we been on the old pay schedule. The direct deposit was money from Monday night. If Monday is technically last week, according to the new pay schedule, it should not factor into this week's earnings total and if Monday was counted towards this week, old pay period, it should not have went through as a direct deposit this week

Did anyone follow what I just said? LOL Because I've confused myself now but something isn't making sense . . . besides me :smiles:

Medic303

It became affective on the 3rd so any hours you would have worked after that but before Tuesday at noon will go on the new pay period. Anything you have done in the original pay period will follow that pay period.

As far as the app, your app came out before the new change so it’s likely they have to send out an update for it changing the times. It’s programmed to read what you made during a period of time that has since been changed.

I’d wait and see if any DD you get comes in on Wednesday or Thursday now.

Sunnyd88

I was totally going to post on this. Its just uber trying to make things more complicated and crazy. All i am doing now is just looking at the amt at the very bottom that says current balance. The amt on top just confuses me coz its the total i have earned this week but they have already paid me what i earned on monday...so stupid! Instead of uber big wigs thinking about pay change and crap like this it would be better if they think about how to make uber note profitable for drivers...wishful thinking eh!

Frontier Guy

I forgot about the pay change until my money hit Weds. morning, $50 more than expected, and that was from the trips I did on Monday and Tuesday. Personally, I'm not crazy about it.

Crazy_urn

Instead of uber big wigs thinking about pay change and crap like this it would be better if they think about how to make uber note profitable for drivers...wishful thinking eh!
The only person who gives a shit about your profitability us you. The sooner you realize that, the better off you will be.

Daisey77

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
It became affective on the 3rd so any hours you would have worked after that but before Tuesday at noon will go on the new pay period. Anything you have done in the original pay period will follow that pay period.

As far as the app, your app came out before the new change so it’s likely they have to send out an update for it changing the times. It’s programmed to read what you made during a period of time that has since been changed.

I’d wait and see if any DD you get comes in on Wednesday or Thursday now.
So are Uber days now considered noon to 11:59 a.m. instead of 4 a.m. to 3:59 a.m.?

IF I'm understanding this correctly, Monday was technically on the pay week that got paid out Tuesday night... Yet in the app it's factored into this week's income equation because the app isn't updated with the new pay schedule.... they had no idea they were altering the pay schedule when we got the new app 2 weeks ago???? That very Uberish. I'm assuming next week things will be a little more balanced out. Well at least that's what I'm hoping for LOL

Does anyone have any idea why they did this? I Seriously think they're out to win a title for America's most difficult company ever.

Sunnyd88

The only person who gives a shit about your profitability us you. The sooner you realize that, the better off you will be.
Oh yeah. I realized that into my 2nd month of driving uber/lyft. They dont care about our profitability. We have to figure out our own ways to make profit. It took me a while to figure out what works best for me but atleast i am profitable.

Daisey77

Oh yeah. I realized that into my 2nd month of driving uber/lyft. They dont care about our profitability. We have to figure out our own ways to make profit. It took me a while to figure out what works best for me but atleast i am profitable.
Then as soon as they figure out you're making money, they'll shut it down LOL or change something that prevents your way
Shindig from working anymore

cobraco

So are Uber days now considered noon to 11:59 a.m. instead of 4 a.m. to 3:59 a.m.?

IF I'm understanding this correctly, Monday was technically on the pay week that got paid out Tuesday night... Yet in the app it's factored into this week's income equation because the app isn't updated with the new pay schedule.... they had no idea they were altering the pay schedule when we got the new app 2 weeks ago???? That very Uberish. I'm assuming next week things will be a little more balanced out. Well at least that's what I'm hoping for LOL

Does anyone have any idea why they did this? I Seriously think they're out to win a title for America's most difficult company ever.
Yep, same thing with me. I worked on Monday this week and the funds from Monday were paid on Wednesday but still show in this weeks income. If the periods don;t align after this week it is a bunch of Crap! Uber is trying to make it look like you are making more than you really are.

Last edited:

MichaelMax

I agree, why oh why did they feel the need to do this?

Now mine says
Earnings This Week
$358.11 then it says
Balance
14 Trips $247.88

So WTH :frown:

Kaiser Soze

I was totally going to post on this. Its just uber trying to make things more complicated and crazy. All i am doing now is just looking at the amt at the very bottom that says current balance. The amt on top just confuses me coz its the total i have earned this week but they have already paid me what i earned on monday...so stupid! Instead of uber big wigs thinking about pay change and crap like this it would be better if they think about how to make uber note profitable for drivers...wishful thinking eh!
Yes, I was fine with the old system. Though, it looks like we're getting paid an extra day early

Daisey77

Yes, I was fine with the old system. Though, it looks like we're getting paid an extra day early
It's not supposed to affect when we get paid. Which is why I don't understand why they're doing this. Last week I got paid on the same day I always do, Tuesday night or Wednesday morning at 12 a.m.

Sunnyd88

They just love to make it as confusing as possible for drivers. A bunch of useless rows of information.
I basically just look at direct deposit amt. And make sure if it adds up.

03qsz06

This gives new pay period gives them an extra day of interest from the weekend. I would suspect that the weekend income from the weekend is huge.

Daisey77

Now it says
Earnings this week
$232.69

7 trips Balance $48.88

How much will I be paid tomorrow morning?
Did you do any cash outs? If not, I'd subtract out the 48 from 232. That should be your direct deposit??? That's my guess. Does it show a direct deposit amount anywhere in the app, like the old app did? I cash out so I haven't noticed

MichaelMax

I don't know about that Daisy, I've never cashed out early
They just made it difficult to figure out how much you've made this week.
Now it says $310.26 this week and $126.45 balance, so I guess I've made $126.45 since noon on Tuesday.
So many broken things, I don't know why they tried to fix 1 thing that was not broken

Sold My Soul For Stars

If you just READ the update, we can avoid questions like this all together
the Update Memo they sent out doesn't match what's happening in our app. That's where the questions and confusion come in. They're paying out Monday with last week's pay. Yet they are counting the money in the current weeks income