EXCLUSIVE: NYC drivers’ group calls on Uber to make tipping easier

Inshur

uber79nyc

This is a good start! I have had several referred passengers whispering to their friends about tipping and they always replied it was included! this culture has to stop, it doesn't belong in America, they tip everyone else they get service from! If UBER doesn't want to handle the tip at least make it clear that it is not included in the fare so the passenger will come prepared.

Montgomery

“Riders are free to offer tips and drivers are welcome to accept them, as has always been our policy.” -Alix Anfang

Wow, they just can't help themselves with the lies. I remember very clearly the driver training videos that said if a rider offered a tip our first move was to DISCOURAGE the rider from doing so by not accepting it automatically, and remind the rider that tips weren't necessary. To only accept them if the rider further insisted after the initial refusal.

Why couldn't Alix Anfang just leave it at "...are welcome to accept them"? She just had to add the lie to it. She just couldn't help herself.
Just like Blaire Mattson lying on the Steve Harvey Show. Then they wonder why they have a PR problem.

Last edited:

Montgomery

I had to go find the video. I remember one being even more forceful about not tipping but this was a quick search that shows Alix Anfang is a liar.

It starts at the 10:09 mark.

Montgomery

Here is an earlier one

The video goes on to saying that new riders may feel cheated if we accept the tip. Alix Anfang is either a liar or is repeating the lie someone at the company told her. How could someone with any sense of integrity keep working for a company that makes you lie to the public in a way that is a slap on the face to thousands of people (drivers)? The same with Blaire Mattson.

It starts at the 12:16 mark:

Uberman8263

This is a good start! I have had several referred passengers whispering to their friends about tipping and they always replied it was included! this culture has to stop, it doesn't belong in America, they tip everyone else they get service from! If UBER doesn't want to handle the tip at least make it clear that it is not included in the fare so the passenger will come prepared.
Tipping is as basic in America as apple pie and baseball!

Inshur New York