• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Exciting news

Phoenix123

So today is the day... See I did not file in time, but I have now submitted a claim. I never got an initial email.. ugh

Good luck..... We will see how this all plays out..

Joey101

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I thought the website was uberlawsuit.com

Yours says uberlitigation.com
Doesn’t matter the important thing is what’s going in court today
Post automatically merged:

So today is the day... See I did not file in time, but I have now submitted a claim. I never got an initial email.. ugh

Most of the driver got thecsattlme

how many miles did you drove for uber ?

UberPrius11

I can only hope I will be in the next wave since I just signed up after @KekeLo post. I have over 45k miles in the years in question so even at .11 a mile I could replace my battery and engine and still have cash left over. I will take an effectively new car for my trouble since I don't drive much anymore!

Joey101

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Over 65K, but not all was done with a passenger in the car, so yea... IDK
It’s good so you’ll probably get 4K-5k

I can only hope I will be in the next wave since I just signed up after @KekeLo post. I have over 45k miles in the years in question so even at .11 a mile I could replace my battery and engine and still have cash left over. I will take an effectively new car for my trouble since I don't drive much anymore!
What do you mean by saying “ I can only hope I will be in the next wave” ...
When was the first wave ? Can you clear that for me ?

OptimalPrime

Just a heads up for those of us that are impatient... (myself included)

Something I noticed in the “Monthly Summaries” for 2017 - 2019, Uber is showing “Online Miles”. I believe for this lawsuit it’s “On Trip” miles only.

In 2016 they reported “On Trip” but then switched the reporting to “Online Miles” so who knows how many “On Trip” Miles you actually have. So in true Uber fashion, the door is left wide open to get Fubered.

Anyone know if we’ll get “On Trip” Mile Credit for the Months in 2019 too?

4FD77393-233A-4169-B3D0-754B3F29E5AC.png
C41205C3-25C2-44DF-A1DB-03BE56134A23.png

Null

Looking forward to this as well.

Just keep in mind this lawsuit ONLY applies to drivers that opted out of arbitration. If you did not opt out of arbitration, you get nothing from this suit.

Everyone that had a pending arbitration got settled already (if you used Lichten-Liss law firm, potentially others).

gunigham1

Looking forward to this as well.

Just keep in mind this lawsuit ONLY applies to drivers that opted out of arbitration. If you did not opt out of arbitration, you get nothing from this suit.

Everyone that had a pending arbitration got settled already (if you used Lichten-Liss law firm, potentially others).
What about nine circuit decision about forced arbitration isn’t applicable for CA drivers?

Null

What about nine circuit decision about forced arbitration isn’t applicable for CA drivers?
That was appealed by Uber and overturned by higher court about a year and a half ago. Judge Chen got overruled on his holding that the arbitration clause was unconscionable.

This settlement only applies to, IIRC, 13000 drivers total. That's it.

gunigham1

That was appealed by Uber and overturned by higher court about a year and a half ago. Judge Chen got overruled on his holding that the arbitration clause was unconscionable.

This settlement only applies to, IIRC, 13000 drivers total. That's it.
Can you back up your words by some official statements?i see the recent rulling by nine circuit in less then a year ago and it says that Uber arbitration isn’t enforceable in CA

PTB

The new settlement covers approximately 11,000 drivers in California and 2,600 in Massachusetts who will collectively receive the $20 million.

Null

Can you back up your words by some official statements?i see the recent rulling by nine circuit in less then a year ago and it says that Uber arbitration isn’t enforceable in CA

iheartuber

Just curious, if we didn't do the opt out thing, are we out of luck in regards to all settlements in the future?
From what I understand it goes like this:

If you opt out you get a Check
If you did not opt out you can still get a check if you registered by aug 17, it’s just a smaller check

In regards to settlements in the future if a judge determines in any future case that drivers deserve some kind of money by arbitration then Uber will be forced to provide a check via arbitration which basically means we get a smaller check than we could have

Null

Just curious, if we didn't do the opt out thing, are we out of luck in regards to all settlements in the future?
There are 2 pertinent opt-outs. Opting out of arbitration and IF you did that, opting out the settlement if you're part of the class.

If you opted out of arbitration, and remained a member of the class-action, you give up the right to sue Uber for all the claims settled in the dispute.

If you opted out of arbitration, and opted out of the class, you can sue Uber individually if you so choose, even for claims that were settled by the class.

If you did NOT opt out of arbitration, you are NOT part of this case, so anything settled or released here is irrelevant to you.

If you started an individual arbitration, you probably already got a check, depending on your chosen law firm.

If you did NOT start an individual arbitration, you're still eligible to do so, as you've taken no action or inaction that precludes you from arbitrating a dispute with Uber. You can still do this if you're a member of the arbitration class.

From what I understand it goes like this:

If you opt out you get a Check
If you did not opt out you can still get a check if you registered by aug 17, it’s just a smaller check

In regards to settlements in the future if a judge determines in any future case that drivers deserve some kind of money by arbitration then Uber will be forced to provide a check via arbitration which basically means we get a smaller check than we could have
No. Aug 17 was the claim deadline. If you're a class member that did not submit a claim, you get NO PAYMENT AND, you STILL release all claims covered by the class. Meaning, you get no payment AND you can't sue uber for the settled claims in the future.

There are no judges in arbitration. A judge can't compel any arbitration to specific awards. Arbitration EXPLICITLY removes all courts from the decision making process.