Excited about World Series home games! I wonder how much I'm gonna make driving for Lyft.

Trinab

Games 3,4,5 coming to Chicago this weekend plus Halloween. Got me wondering , Whats the most money in 1 day have you ever made driving for Uber or Lyft. Any Surge Predictions?

Stlman

$335 on a Saturday and $329 on a Sunday in 8 hrs of work on Lyft and then this past New Year's Eve $600 on Uber

cbotnyse

I have a nice car (Tesla) and seriously debating driving Saturday night....halloween makeup, open alcohol, drink people, cub fans...seems like it would be really fun or a disaster. I am mainly a rush hour driver, never driven the bar crowd. Should I jump in, or sit this one out?

Stlman

There probably will be a lot of drivers out but there will be more than enough customers out there should be a good 4 days work smart not hard!

Trinab

They say it will be between 250k to 500k people in Wrigglyville this weekend. Plenty customers for everyone!

Chicago88

I have a nice car (Tesla) and seriously debating driving Saturday night....halloween makeup, open alcohol, drink people, cub fans...seems like it would be really fun or a disaster. I am mainly a rush hour driver, never driven the bar crowd. Should I jump in, or sit this one out?
The answer is ALWAYS sit it out... Uber is a low paying job at it's peak! Last weekend 3 women killed in an Uber car... National statistics clearly point out higher death rates driving on holidays. Why would anyone want to drive drunks around dodging other possible drunks. I'm not overly conservative but the risk (minor) vs reward (pennies) still doesn't add up. Not to mention a shooting (driver is dead) last night of a possible ride share driver right here in Chicago. And ALL of us should be enjoying our weekend doing better things... like watching the Cub's game!

Last edited:

chitownXdriver

Amazing weekend to stage a protest and try to get everyone on board to not drive at all :smiles:. On second thoughts, who am I kidding?

jester121

They say it will be between 250k to 500k people in Wrigglyville this weekend. Plenty customers for everyone!

Yeah, that's not the first thing I thought of... at 3 people per car, that's an extra 100,000+ cars on the roads.... resulting in absolute gridlock and pandemonium at $0.20 per minute, and no way out.

I'm thinking burbs-only might be a good scheme; take care of those "under-served" communities we're always hearing about needing more drivers.... You know, like Lake Forest and Barrington and Geneva.

80sDude

resulting in absolute gridlock and pandemonium at $0.20 per minute, and no way out.
That's why you .................

Sit your a$$ down park the car Turn the APP OFF till you get a juicy one.. .50 a minute and 2.50 a mile works fine for me.

csibaldwin

I was in St. Charles once at 2 am. It was a 6x surge because everyone was getting out of the bar at the same time. I had 2 surge trips before it ended. A third rider told me they walked away from the surging area like a mile until it went down to 2x and then requested.