Ex-Uber employees are being surprised by big tax bills. They blame the ride-hailing company

ANT 7

It's free......the suits want your account to be under their management, so they do group pitches in front of the soon to be a little better off employees. I'm shocked to be honest it's not a thing down there....!!

Last edited:

sellkatsell44

It's free......the suits want your account to be under their management, so they do group pitches in front of the soon to be a little better off employees. I'm shocked to be honest.....!!
There are advisers that will be shady and pose to say they’ll give you tax advise maybe? But majority of advisors I know and work with that work with companies like Uber, lyft etc for their espp will not give tax advise, only will refer to CPAs.

we will also help them with moving the securities from a concentrated position to a diverse one. But we will not advise them on taxes. No way.

ANT 7

The people doing it here are commonly designated with the usual financial and accounting registrations behind their names, as well as their firms have them on staff. Tax planning is a crucial selling part of the program here. Never been in one, but sold lots of Porsche and MB to the brokers who ran them.

sellkatsell44

These guys are commonly designated with the usual financial and accounting registrations behind their names, as well as their firms have them on staff. Tax planning is a crucial selling part of the program here. Never been in one, but sold lots of Porsche and MB to the brokers who ran them.
My manager before he got his promotion, no lie, has his cpa.

company wouldn’t allow him to put that designation but they’ll let him put his MBA on his signature.

here in corporate America we don’t like to open doors to potential money suits.

we like to grab money, not have money taken from us 😶

ANT 7

Here you could see 3 or 4 on a card, for example.

JOHN Q PUBLIC MBA, CPA, CFA, LLB (I've actually seen that.....a lawyer with an MBA and accounting designations.....working for Deloitte or something)

All a little OTT for me personally. When I had my company I just had a name on my card, no titles or degrees.

Stevie The magic Unicorn

The day i listen to uber's financial advice

Althou i'd frankly enjoy frozen hell much more than regular hell...

I'm crossing my fingers for eternal damnation in in a frozen nuclear wasteland.

Daisey77

Wait, you mean Uber did not Implement arbitration on the employees? Or they all knew better and opted out?

sellkatsell44

Here you could see 3 or 4 on a card, for example.

JOHN Q PUBLIC MBA, CPA, CFA, LLB (I've actually seen that.....a lawyer with an MBA and accounting designations.....working for Deloitte or something)

All a little OTT for me personally. When I had my company I just had a name on my card, no titles or degrees.
Serious question. If I have my 6, 63, 66, 7, 9/10 and/or 24/26...

would I be able to transfer any over to Canada?

ANT 7

I have no clue, but assume yes, subject to the governing bodies provisions and rules in effect for the industry. You may need to requalify, or be tested I'd imagine, really cannot say for sure. I sponsored my wife to immigrate here from Brasil, and she is a medical professional. It took her 2 years and a bunch of tests and money, to get her credentials accepted. Everything here seems rigged to make a newcomers life difficult.

sellkatsell44

I have no clue, but assume yes, subject to the governing bodies provisions and rules. You may need to requalify, or be tested I'd imagine, really cannot say for sure. I sponsored my wife to immigrate here from Brasil, and she is a medical professional. It took her 2 years and a bunch of tests and money, to get her credentials accepted. Everything here seems rigged to make a newcomers life difficult.
Canada is hard to get into but beautiful with the outdoors... some of the spots my Canadian friend shows me 😍😍😍.
Post automatically merged:

No because those are American licenses and criteria.
Yeah I tried google and it was difficult finding a straight answer but all signs point to retesting in Canada aka no.

Mista T

Author
Okay, so let me get this straight....

People voluntarily work for a company that is known for breaking laws and screwing people over, including the very people who generate their salaries (drivers). Then these same people are surprised when they are screwed over themselves? Where's my violin...

Daisey77

Okay, so let me get this straight....

People voluntarily work for a company that is known for breaking laws and screwing people over, including the very people who generate their salaries (drivers). Then these same people are surprised when they are screwed over themselves? Where's my violin...
they should have learned their lesson when Uber pulled the whole switch and bait with their stock option when they were hired

Amsoil Uber Connect

Perhaps you should stop imagining things. ^ . :roflmao:
These folks would have been given intro's to investment advisors or planners by Uber I'd imagine. It's what every other company does up here in Canada more or less in these kinds of situations.

I call BS.

Hope the biggest tax bills are for the awful driver service dept employees. Always playing dumb, acting stupid or like they don't know the uber app wasn't paying me for a trip, a cancelled ride fee, a no-show fee, etc. Gaslighting to the max. Doesn't feel too good huh.
And to the one who deactivated me over a lying service animal.
Time and time again I would be loosing money if I followed them. They should be ashamed for some of the recommendations they have made.
It's free......the suits want your account to be under their management, so they do group pitches in front of the soon to be a little better off employees. I'm shocked to be honest it's not a thing down there....!!