EX driver question on new pricing??

joevegas

I drove uber when it was 1.85 a mile and then quit when it went to 1.10 and then 90 cents a mile. I started lurking on the board again when i read uber now allows tipping . I considered coming back 10 hrs a week since the tipping change but am confused by this new pricing. they only pay u a flat fee per mile? What if there is surge? do u still get the same flat fee per mile? Is this correct. what is the flat fee per mile? can someone explain the new pricing? I bought a used nissan leaf for dirt cheap so i was thinking of driving gain but i dont know what the pay is nowadays.Thanks..

joevegas

if its 3 times surge you get 2.16 a mile? it looks like they raised the fare then. i remember it was 90 cents minus 25%. that was abut 66 cents a mile.

joevegas

right 72 cents a mile is your earnings? before it was about 66 cents a mile after 25%. r they doing it this way so they can offer all kinds of promotions to riders and the pay for u is the same. makes it easier for them i guess. how much ru averaging in tips per ride when you add it up end of the week.

Udrivevegas

The only reason they raised rates is so we can buy their version of Aflac. It wasn't out of the kindness of their corporate heart.

LVRed777

if its 3 times surge you get 2.16 a mile? it looks like they raised the fare then. i remember it was 90 cents minus 25%. that was abut 66 cents a mile.
The 25% doesn't apply any more. What Uber charges the customer and what they pay their "partners" are no longer tied together. They charge the customer what they think they are willing to pay. They pay us time and mileage.

Michael-MS

Your math is right. There was a $0.04 increase couple months ago. You can use that $0.04 to opt in to Uber insurance, which is meehhhhh... Not worth it IMO