EWR zoo Sunday night - any success stories?

FortLeeUber2017

EWR was a real zoo. Desperate passengers, 2.5X surge, 60 UberX EWR queue going in seconds... Uber kicks you out after 1st declining... 95% requests - non-surged NYC requests... Then, out of sudden, they started to put 1.2X tag on them... who do they think we are? My yesterday’s rebounds: JC, Elizabeth, JC again (smelling employee), Union City. Garbage! Canceled only once, her name was Fatma and she didn’t pick up her phone, which made me think of her destination as a part of Newark where they don’t have windows. Had to step on my pride and proceed with others though. Got rewarded with grand total, that is so far, the best night in 2019. Spotted a lot of fellow drivers heading back to the lot in what seemed as a rush. Of course that 2.5X doesn’t mean a thing unless you get lucky. Any stories of success?

Slim Pete

EWR was a real zoo. Desperate passengers, 2.5X surge, 60 UberX EWR queue going in seconds... Uber kicks you out after 1st declining... 95% requests - non-surged NYC requests... Then, out of sudden, they started to put 1.2X tag on them... who do they think we are? My yesterday’s rebounds: JC, Elizabeth, JC again (smelling employee), Union City. Garbage! Canceled only once, her name was Fatma and she didn’t pick up her phone, which made me think of her destination as a part of Newark where they don’t have windows. Had to step on my pride and proceed with others though. Got rewarded with grand total, that is so far, the best night in 2019. Spotted a lot of fellow drivers heading back to the lot in what seemed as a rush. Of course that 2.5X doesn’t mean a thing unless you get lucky. Any stories of success?
If Uber is providing us 2.5 surge, they must be charging the passages 4.0 surge. It's going to be difficult to find passengers who are regular folks willing to pay that much and travelling long distances - unless they're on a corporate account. Otherwise they would just have a friend or relative pick them up, or just take the train.
Or they could just take an Uber for 2 miles away, and get out of the car and order a new Uber for the rest of their destination without paying any surge.

JohnnyJets

2.5 to atlantic highlands. 2.5 to mahwah. 2.2 to bridgewater. Ended my night with $442.12

UberPete1911

One of my driver in my group pulled a 3.0X XL to philly for whopping $625.
Hey. There is no 3.0x surge at ewr. Its capped at 2.5x. So the the 3x is bs or he got 2.5x and a nice tip.

I was at the ewr during our November snowstorm to which there were NO drivers and cabbies. 0 for 0 and guess what, it was still 2.5x surge.

Ride-Share-Risk-Manager

A few of our guys in out driver group were at EWR last night and got a few modest 2x rides to Hoboken and Lyndhurst. Nothing great but not awful. Most of them skipped EWR and took pax from Pru in Newark after the concert for some 90s rap group. The surge was decent. The pax were god awful and we're all going to hood locations and of course wanted stops at White Castle and taco Bell.

jerseyboys

Hey. There is no 3.0x surge at ewr. Its capped at 2.5x. So the the 3x is bs or he got 2.5x and a nice tip.

I was at the ewr during our November snowstorm to which there were NO drivers and cabbies. 0 for 0 and guess what, it was still 2.5x surge.

THIS FOR XL not X.

UberPal

2.5X to Atlantic City, 2.5X to Bridgeport CT, 2.3X to Philadelphia not a bad night made over $750.

DRB720

Respectfully, let's see screenshots. AC and Phila are each 2 hours plus. Bridgeport is an hour without traffic. I'm not saying it's impossible, but even with no downtime, dropping, shutting apps off and running straight back, this is about 10 hours minimum.

BusinessAsUsual

A few of our guys in out driver group were at EWR last night and got a few modest 2x rides to Hoboken and Lyndhurst. Nothing great but not awful. Most of them skipped EWR and took pax from Pru in Newark after the concert for some 90s rap group. The surge was decent. The pax were god awful and we're all going to hood locations and of course wanted stops at White Castle and taco Bell.
This isn’t accurate.. pru center had pax going all over.. ppl offering cash because the surge was over 3.0 at one point..

SurgeorSuckit

I did the math for Uber X(and I was GENEROUS with mileage, time, rounded up, etc).. the best he could have done was $650. The post said he did OVER 750 - well maybe if he got OVER $100 in tips.. which is possible I suppose. If these trips were true this would be the Unicorn of all Unicorns for UberX in a day.

Now if it was XL, would be a better chance of being true with the higher rates..
Post automatically merged:

One of my driver in my group pulled a 3.0X XL to philly for whopping $625.
From EWR?