1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

EWR Queue

Discussion in 'New Jersey' started by Douglas, Feb 22, 2017.

1. Douglas

Douglas

Driving:
    UberSUV
    IMG_3578.PNG So I drove through Newark Airport today on my way to Manhattan with the destination filter on...got a red bar on top of my screen telling me to leave the queue area. I sent a message to Uber asking about this and of course response was that there is no queue at Newark and I should troubleshoot...

I was wondering if anyone else has seen this? I have dont this many times at Newark, it worked on Sunday...

2. easteuropeboy

easteuropeboy

Driving:
    UberX
    Do you have TLC ? I think now only TLC drivers can take pax to NYC from Ewr

3. njctuberx

njctuberx

Driving:
    UberX
    What platform was this on? I picked up twice at ewr today on X. No queue, and my late morning fare was on the filter.
    Hey, you may have caught them testing it out.

UberSchmuber likes this.
  4. Douglas

Douglas

Driving:
    UberSUV
    I was on Black/SUV...no TLC on this vehicle, but no issues with traveling interstate. The bar went away once I left EWR property...

I see there is another post about this in NYC forum, but I guess only affecting some people not many.

Uber00 and njctuberx like this.
  5. Jeff1205

Jeff1205

Driving:
    UberX
    I drove through EWR yesterday with filter on and didn't receive that message. I am uberx.

6. Coffeekeepsmedriving

Coffeekeepsmedriving

Driving:
    UberX
    Why are new York drivers working in New jersey?

7. anteetr

anteetr

Driving:
    UberXL
    Usually it's to get someone to pay their toll back into NY

nycuberman likes this.
  8. Douglas

Douglas

Driving:
    UberSUV
    I'm not New York, I'm NJ limo...but had a pickup in NYC coming back to nj...wanted the ride into the city to make a few bucks...

NYC tlc guys should not be operating in NJ

9. UberYanNJ

UberYanNJ

Driving:
    UberX
    Then how would you explain TLCs leaving the airport going either West on 78 or Turnpike South past Exit 13? Maybe they're there to get a ride back to NY but take everything regardless

Uber00 likes this.
  10. jerseyboys

jerseyboys

Driving:
    UberPREMIUM
    If you do Black or SUV at EWR you will see that notice because they only show 8 to 10 vehicles on the pax's app. While X is unlimited.

Don't ask me why.

11. OLkris

OLkris

I dropped off at Newark airport yesterday and immediately tried to enter a destination and received a similar message that I must exit the queue to enter a destination. This was while logged in on black. First time I've seen this message.

Uber00 likes this.
  12. anteetr

anteetr

Driving:
    UberXL
    They might be going home. They're are a few cars with TLC plates parked in driveways in my neighborhood in suburban Philadelphia. I'm sure there's others that live in the Lehigh Valley.

I've even seen a NYC green cab and a couple of yellows parked in driveways in northeast philly while ubering.

Uber00 likes this.
  13. Douglas

Douglas

Driving:
    UberSUV
    FYI, they are underinsured to operate in NJ. If caught the penelties would be very high. If in an accident, operating illegally, where someone is hurt critically or fatally, it could mean jail time, plus loss of all assasts in liability lawsuits. Maybe uber would help cover it, but they do not take the "booking fee" from the TLC drivers to cover the $1.5 million liability

Ok, so must be a black issue then, I don't do X, would rather just go home and watch TV

Uber00 likes this.
  14. Xris Xros

Xris Xros

This might be because TLC get 99% of NY trips from EWR now. I used to get a lot of NY trips from EWR back in the good ole not too long days ago. I sometimes prayed for someone going to Brooklyn if you know what I mean. App is programed to sent NY request to TLC drivers now.

Uber00 likes this.
  15. Douglas

Douglas

Driving:
    UberSUV
    It is for all destinations tho...I was at EWR twice yesterday and attempted to use destination filter to go back to my prearranged pick ups as I do often (rarely actually get a ride unless I spend time there, but can't afford to get a ride in the absolutely wrong direction)
    First time I went, I had my destination filter set from farther south Jersey and drove through EWR with the filter preset (pic above).
    Second time I dropped my passengers off (non uber), turned on the app, hit the destination filter and had a pop up saying to leave the queue area for the destination filter to work. Hit ok and it still allowed me to put in destination but had the red bar above like previous...

I was there on Monday and did not experience this, and I guess this is a Black/SUV thing...so wondering if anyone from Black/SUV has had a ping in while and how long they have waited?

16. interesting to say the least.... i know PHL doesnt allow destination filter at all... maybe coming to EWR as well.. keep us posted in the coming days or weeks

Uber00 likes this.
  17. Douglas

Douglas

Driving:
    UberSUV
    Do they allow NJ operators to work there then? Because they would only be legally able to go back to NJ, correct?

Uber00 likes this.
  18. yes they allow NJ operators there.. i worked that area and concerts at LIncoln Financial Field all last summer with no issue

as far as legality i cant say specifically as i found myself in maryland dropping off someone from PHL.. didnt get any pings in maryland so i suppose that was the extent of how far i could go..

Uber00 likes this.
  19. Douglas

Douglas

Driving:
    UberSUV
    You are X? Or NJ OL?

Uber00 likes this.
  20. i was X and XL... went to get NYC TLC so i could do SUV in ny and nj...then they changed the rules that we had to get OL license in NJ smh lol

Uber00 likes this.