EWR last night

brody30

I wasn't there but looked like the airport was surging pretty good off and on last night. Rider I picked up from the Matawan train station told me they wanted $160 when he tried to order a car after midnight. Anybody get some...

easteuropeboy

I wasn't there but looked like the airport was surging pretty good off and on last night. Rider I picked up from the Matawan train station told me they wanted $160 when he tried to order a car after midnight. Anybody get some...
Yes go to EWR now make some 1000$ in one ride golden spot

Lightning1181

I saw the surge in surge chaser. It began just past 8pm and ran red till just past midnight. And I saw plenty of 2.5 to 3+ during that period. Granted it was not every minute of surge but damn it was hot at EWR for the greater part of those hours.

Über of Gotham

How about this morning. I only drive weekends, but I was peeping the map from like 730-930. Surge was of the charts in North Jersey. EWR was at like x3.2 for awhile too.

HudsonDriver4Hire

Surge peaked at 3.8x last night. The weather caused 3+ hour flight delays. Terminal C arrivals traffic stretched back to Terminal A. Queue was instant pings. I got 2 good rides out of that.

jerseyroots

How about this morning. I only drive weekends, but I was peeping the map from like 730-930. Surge was of the charts in North Jersey. EWR was at like x3.2 for awhile too.

Yah not bad for a Wednesday morning. Most rides were over 1.8x I did up north. But didn't last too long
same crap

HudsonDriver4Hire

Was it a packed queue?

No. I was nearby when I saw the queue drop from 60 to 40 to 20 in a span of about 30 minutes. Shot over there and the queue was in single digits. Didn't even get a chance to see how many ants and roaches were still sitting around singing kumbaya in the holding pen, but I'm sure there were plenty. Caught an instant 2.5x.

LEO2112

Yeah I got a 3.4x but it was a POO ride from Morris Plains to Morristown Train which I converted to an X ride. Netted approx $14 with $1.00 tip..:biggrin:

freeFromUber

Yeah I got a 3.4x but it was a POO ride from Morris Plains to Morristown Train which I converted to an X ride. Netted approx $14 with $1.00 tip..:biggrin:
Remember folks...pool rides DO NOT EXIST unless you want them to. The driver has total control over if a ride become a uberpool or uberX.

Johndrives

This is inaccurate if we are still speaking of EWR. If you don't accept the pool from the rideshare lot, you will be bumped all the way to the back of the line on both Uber and Lyft. If you are not in the queue then you can choose to not accept pool rides.

HudsonDriver4Hire

If you don't accept the pool from the rideshare lot, you will be bumped all the way to the back of the line on both Uber and Lyft.

This might be true for Lyft, but apparently not for Fuber. I noticed their EWR page http://www.uber.com/drive/new-jersey/airports/newark-liberty-international/
doesn't state the same rule as Lyft https://help.lyft.com/hc/en-us/arti...Liberty-International-EWR-Airport-Regulations
Sunday night: After freakin' Yaakob cancelled his '45+ minute Long Trip' down to Lakewood on me, I immediately got a Poo ride and smashed the 'X No Thanks' button just as fast. Then the queue showed 30-something, but it registered me at #1-10 in the queue with a full-lit ring. I got the next ping within a minute or two.

Mikey_D

Dropped off a guy at EWR yesterday afternoon. Got an immediate ping after dropping him off. Trip to Kearny. I made a wopping 12.00 on the return. And a 5.00 cash tip.

Ardery

Newark? eesh.
surge goes up...
quality of the pax does ddoown

This might be true for Lyft, but apparently not for Fuber. I noticed their EWR page http://www.uber.com/drive/new-jersey/airports/newark-liberty-international/
doesn't state the same rule as Lyft https://help.lyft.com/hc/en-us/arti...Liberty-International-EWR-Airport-Regulations
Sunday night: After freakin' Yaakob cancelled his '45+ minute Long Trip' down to Lakewood on me, I immediately got a Poo ride and smashed the 'X No Thanks' button just as fast. Then the queue showed 30-something, but it registered me at #1-10 in the queue with a full-lit ring. I got the next ping within a minute or two.
pool requests from the gd airport...
#$&@%¥§

SuzeCB

Newark? eesh.
surge goes up...
quality of the pax does ddoown

pool requests from the gd airport...
#$&@%¥§
I'm in a 2014 Prius. I can seat for adult passengers comfortably, but the luggage? Not so much. It doesn't take very much luggage for me too tell the passengers that they need an XL.

Ardery

that's the problem.... the baggage.

I picked up one pool passenger with 1 full size check in bag, and had another ping come in from the same terminal. she had 1 full size bag, 1 carry on, and 2 duffle bags. she had everything on a cart that she's not even supposed to take outside. I took one look at all that stuff and told her... I'm sorry, you can't transport all that baggage on a carpool ride. you need to order your own car.