Evil Empire & Dysfunctional Little Sister

Fuberal

Both are pulling the same shady crap at LAX. Both are showing surge/PT on the driver app, drivers getting base ping after base ping. The delay on the Uber driver app is much longer compared to the rider app now. You skip one, accept and cancel another, skip one more to get stuck with another base ping. Your call, either take a base ride with 20 minute plus pick up times or get kicked to the bottom of the queue. Meanwhile, acceptance rates are in the tank, cancel rates soaring and pax stranded at every rideshare sign, waiting with their phones up their you know what. What a hell hole has LAX become!

SorryBluetoothOnly

Both are pulling the same shady crap at LAX. Both are showing surge/PT on the driver app, drivers getting base ping after base ping. The delay on the Uber driver app is much longer compared to the rider app now. You skip one, accept and cancel another, skip one more to get stuck with another base ping. Your call, either take a base ride with 20 minute plus pick up times or get kicked to the bottom of the queue. Meanwhile, acceptance rates are in the tank, cancel rates soaring and pax stranded at every rideshare sign, waiting with their phones up their you know what. What a hell hole has LAX become!

They are 2 different animals.

Uber base rate pings happen because the passenger began their order before it surged and it probably took a while for that ping to bounce from driver to driver...and finally to you. But the surge is real.

Lyft is often showing fake PT on the map to attract drivers. If you use a 3rd party app to take a reading on the PT at LAX it comes up 0%. Scam.

LoveBC

How do you read the lyft map at LAX? The square on the runways always lights up first but seems like it's only t7, do all the other terminals need the square directly on them to be pink?

SorryBluetoothOnly

How do you read the lyft map at LAX? The square on the runways always lights up first but seems like it's only t7, do all the other terminals need the square directly on them to be pink?

It's geography. If a person is standing in the pink box, then they *should* be charged PT. Those ones on the runway are bogus - artifacts of the actual demand close by. It's a quirk of Lyft PT that happens all over the map, not just at LAX. So you should be able to look at the roads at LAX and envision where all of the ride share signs are. People are going to be ordering from those or a little further back from the horshoe while still waking thru the terminal.

The problem is that lately those pink boxes have been fake. No PT being charged to the trips ordered from there.

UberThisMK

There are pink boxes on the runways because pax are requesting rides while their planes are still taxiing to the gate.

SorryBluetoothOnly

There are pink boxes on the runways because pax are requesting rides while their planes are still taxiing to the gate.

I highly doubt that. Maybe a few idiots do it but not enough to generate surge there first and foremost before any other block over the LAX terminals.

Like I said, you can see this same effect all over the Lyft map. For example, there is a block that always lights up bright pink next to the Arts District even though it's dead there...no one ordering.

UberThisMK

I highly doubt that. Maybe a few idiots do it but not enough to generate surge there first and foremost before any other block over the LAX terminals.

Like I said, you can see this same effect all over the Lyft map. For example, there is a block that always lights up bright pink next to the Arts District even though it's dead there...no one ordering.

I've sat next to people on the plane who were doing it. It happens.

Fuberal

They are 2 different animals.

Uber base rate pings happen because the passenger began their order before it surged and it probably took a while for that ping to bounce from driver to driver...and finally to you. But the surge is real.

Lyft is often showing fake PT on the map to attract drivers. If you use a 3rd party app to take a reading on the PT at LAX it comes up 0%. Scam.
Last night at LAX. Surge starts at 1.3, builds up to 2.5, I try to jump it (probably got jumped by jumpers) stays there a while, goes back down to 1.9 then to 1.3, total time elapsed more then 10 minutes, I get 3 base pings in a row while at 1.3, about to turn the app off in disgust expecting another base ping, then this. What's the explanation? Why did I get a 1.8x ride while the surge on my app was at 1.3. There seems to be a much longer lag now between what's shown on driver app as far as surge and requests coming through.

IMG_0313.jpg

SorryBluetoothOnly

I've sat next to people on the plane who were doing it. It happens.

I'm sure it does. I already admitted to that in tha post your replied to. But apply some logic here. Why that one block specifically? Why not all around the tarmac if it's due to passengers ordering from planes? The ratio of people ordering from terminals and the sidewalk far outweighs people ordering from planes.

Donne a favor. Next Bar night check out the block I told you about next to the Arts District that lights up before and brighter than others. You'll see what I mean. You won't be getting any pings from within it.

Last night at LAX. Surge starts at 1.3, builds up to 2.5, I try to jump it (probably got jumped by jumpers) stays there a while, goes back down to 1.9 then to 1.3, total time elapsed more then 10 minutes, I get 3 base pings in a row while at 1.3, about to turn the app off in disgust expecting another base ping, then this. What's the explanation? Why did I get a 1.8x ride while the surge on my app was at 1.3. There seems to be a much longer lag now between what's shown on driver app as far as surge and requests coming through.

View attachment 155128

The lag has always been there my friend. The closer you are to the top of the queue, the fresher the pings will be. The lower you are, the greater the apparent lag. As you hinted at in the beginning of this post, you are probably being out-foxed more than you were before :-/

The Gift of Fish

Lyft has been doing that at SFO. Advertising +25% in the app and with the airport covered in pink. But pings come through at base. No thanks!

Fuberal

I'm sure it does. I already admitted to that in tha post your replied to. But apply some logic here. Why that one block specifically? Why not all around the tarmac if it's due to passengers ordering from planes? The ratio of people ordering from terminals and the sidewalk far outweighs people ordering from planes.

Donne a favor. Next Bar night check out the block I told you about next to the Arts District that lights up before and brighter than others. You'll see what I mean. You won't be getting any pings from within it.

The lag has always been there my friend. The closer you are to the top of the queue, the fresher the pings will be. The lower you are, the greater the apparent lag. As you hinted at in the beginning of this post, you are probably being out-foxed more than you were before :-/
Is that your explanation? How do I get 3 base pings in a row while at 1-10 with the driver map showing 1.3 on the way to no surge then the fourth one is a 1.8

SorryBluetoothOnly

Is that your explanation? How do I get 3 base pings in a row while at 1-10 with the driver map showing 1.3 on the way to no surge then the fourth one is a 1.8

Yes. That's my explanation. If my last couple replies to you aren't answering your question, I don't know how to word it any differently. But all the other drivers I talk to regularly seem to understand it.

Fuberal

Yes. That's my explanation. If my last couple replies to you aren't answering your question, I don't know how to word it any differently. But all the other drivers I talk to regularly seem to understand it.
Your explanation is I'm being jumped while I'm trying to jump. How do the better jumpers leave a 1.8 fruit hanging while driver app is at 1.3?

LoveBC

Perhaps the 1.8 got canceled on by someone who didn't think that ride was good enough for them, or an ant that thought it was too far. My one San Diego run was a canceled 2.4x that came to me after surge dropped into the 1.9 range

Fuberal

Perhaps the 1.8 got canceled on by someone who didn't think that ride was good enough for them, or an ant that thought it was too far. My one San Diego run was a canceled 2.4x that came to me after surge dropped into the 1.9 range
I specifically asked the pax how many times they got cancelled on, she said no one did, she requested and I showed up.

Adieu

Lyft surge is cancel-driven

It occurs at actual pax phone location....hence inaccessible venue surge, hence runway surge

LoveBC

I specifically asked the pax how many times they got cancelled on, she said no one did, she requested and I showed up.
Option 2 is she took her sweet ass time ordering. Was she old? Did she look like the type that couldn't find her way around an app? If she opened the app while it was 1.8x but didn't push the button til 1.3 she still had the 1.8 price locked in. That's why base pings exist when surge starts.

Lyft surge is cancel-driven

It occurs at actual pax phone location....hence inaccessible venue surge, hence runway surge
So the lyft app needs a pop up that reads "Lyft here! We can see you're still on a runway! Please follow directions to the nearest pickup location before ordering, and a member of our wonderful community will pick you up!"

Adieu

Option 2 is she took her sweet ass time ordering. Was she old? Did she look like the type that couldn't find her way around an app? If she opened the app while it was 1.8x but didn't push the button til 1.3 she still had the 1.8 price locked in. That's why base pings exist when surge starts.

So the lyft app needs a pop up that reads "Lyft here! We can see you're still on a runway! Please follow directions to the nearest pickup location before ordering, and a member of our wonderful community will pick you up!"

90+% of lyft pings have no idea where they supposed to be

Some people have NEVER gotten a proper ready-at-departures-ridesign lyft pickup....EVER

Last edited: