1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Evidence of Uber's speed warning!

Discussion in 'Complaints' started by galileo5, Jan 8, 2017.

1. steveK2016

steveK2016 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
  2. Shangsta

Shangsta Well-Known Member

Not true,

If you drive 80 (offline of Uber) it doesnt say anything. The red warning even has the Uber logo.

Blackout 702 and iUBERdc like this.
  3. LeftLaneLosers

LeftLaneLosers Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Amen...say my name

4. LeftLaneLosers

Driving:
    UberX
    Aren't you adorable.."In MY state...blah blah"

It's a PASSING lane son. Your "fast" is probably a Sunday leisure drive where I'm from.

Come drive in the Boston area. Tell the parade riding your arse in the "fast" lane that you have the right to be there with no cars to your right because you're going 88 and that's FAST!!! lol

iUBERdc likes this.
  5. UberChicago80

UberChicago80 Active Member

Pax like to arrive safely and obey all laws.

6. mikes424

mikes424 Well-Known Member

My questions are 1) whether or not it is just an alert or does it get back to Uber? And 2) does it appear on Google maps also?

7. senorCRV

senorCRV Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX

Yep, it got me the other day and scared the crap out of me and almost made me wreck. It makes an ungodly loud alarm noise.

Good job Uber

Shangsta likes this.
  8. Bean

Bean Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    1) I would assume so. They store the gps data and the speed is based off that data so even if it's not explicitly flagged, they can calculate your speed at any point along any trip you've ever done.

2) Yes.

What's annoying is when I go under a bridge or something and Uber starts *****ing that I'm going like 89 when I'm only going 77 :p

9. Nubian@SF

Nubian@SF Member

Driving:
    UberX
    The sound of metal and bone on metal is worse.
    Most GPS apps offer speed monitoring it's only a new feature in the UBER app. Speed kills but poor judgment is usually fatal.

10. autofill

autofill Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I don't have that speed feature shown in my uber driver app. I'm jealous.

11. Sueron

Sueron Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    JFI Although don't do this while driving (may have to use both hands), but in case you don't know, to capture a screen shot, press the "HOME" button and the "POWER" button at the same time. Doing this on my phone, I have to use both hands.

12. Sueron

Sueron Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Why jealous? If you don't speed, you don't need it. I don't speed for any PAX, I do the speed limit or lower (in congested traffic), and use cruise control 80% of the time when on the interstate. If they are running late, they should of called for a driver earlier. The problem with the speed showing on the app, is that too many drivers concentrate on the device, and not scanning the instrument cluster supplied to you by the manufacture. Scanning the instrument cluster, can save your car engine at times. As a pilot, we are taught this, ... you just can't pull over to the side of the road, when it's too late. :) :) Glance at your instrument cluster every few minutes. It only take a few seconds. I'll admit, old habits of not scanning are hard to break, but well worth it. On my Lexus, it HAD a rubber oil cooling hose (replaced with metal tubing), if it springs a leak (very common problem), you only have but seconds to shut the engine down.

Attached Files:

13. Fuzzyelvis

Fuzzyelvis Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Or go to Germany on a rural section of the autobahn with no speed limit. Understand why they enforce the passing lane only rules when you're doing 130 and someone passes you doing 160.

LeftLaneLosers likes this.
  14. LeftLaneLosers

Driving:
    UberX
    I had the Uber speed warning come up as I eclipsed 80 with 2 drunk Aussies in the back and I wanted to get them out asap. I ignored it and pressed on

15. Telsa33

Telsa33 Active Member

I agree why are you going that fast, I use Google maps. I do the the speed limit + or - 9 mph.

16. LeftLaneLosers

Driving:
    UberX
    Some of us live where the speed limit could get us rear ended lol

mikes424 likes this.
  17. mikes424

mikes424 Well-Known Member

Yes. I was on the tollway this morning, going 78-79. Getting passed a lot.

18. LeftLaneLosers

Driving:
    UberX

Being from Illinois, you know the only time people go the speed limit on the highway is when it's snowing

19. merryon2nd

merryon2nd Active Member

Wait... Wait wait WAIT! You mean those numbers on the sign are a TOP speed? I've thought they were a minimum this whole time!
    J/K

But seriously, I've gotten this warning so many times its sickening. If there were going to be repercussions they would have happened already. I don't think there are any. I think it's probably just another way for Uber to aggravate us a little bit more.