Everytime I Try To Quit...

mizzrock

Every time I find a new job on Craigslist (gig or something) it never evens out to the money I make with Lyft/Uber. Yesterday (Sunday 4/16/15) I made $150 (sans 20% commission) In 4 hours. And honestly there's nothing else like that.

To the naysayers who talk about "costs" my car is under warranty for now so maintenance is free. For gas? My mileage goes UP b/c more driving (2013 Ford Focus baby) and I can maintain a friendly attitude. PLUS I work when I want. (I'm lazy)

Anyone else feel the same way I do?

UberTaxPro

Sponsor
Every time I find a new job on Craigslist (gig or something) it never evens out to the money I make with Lyft/Uber. Yesterday (Sunday 4/16/15) I made $150 (sans 20% commission) In 4 hours. And honestly there's nothing else like that.

To the naysayers who talk about "costs" my car is under warranty for now so maintenance is free. For gas? My mileage goes UP b/c more driving (2013 Ford Focus baby) and I can maintain a friendly attitude. PLUS I work when I want. (I'm lazy)

Do you have a retirement plan? health insurance? will you be able to replace your car in 2 years when it will no doubt require a lot of maintenance? How much is your car payment? Will you be able to afford car payment and maintenance in two years? Did you get hemorrhoids yet? Great to be positive just make sure you got all the numbers worked out!

mizzrock

how the hell did you make that much? did you get lucky back to back long trips? I have to work an entire day to make $150.

We dont have lyft in toronto just uber, which is probably why i make so little.
I cherry pick my rides and chase surge. I'm also in San Francisco

mizzrock

Do you have a retirement plan? health insurance? will you be able to replace your car in 2 years when it will no doubt require a lot of maintenance? How much is your car payment? Will you be able to afford car payment and maintenance in two years? Did you get hemorrhoids yet? Great to be positive just make sure you got all the numbers worked out!
I have dehydrated a few times not wanting to drink water. This isn't good long term I agree. Can't move out because can't show proof of income. I get it. BUT money?
My insurance is $200 car note $400. I make those payment's regularly.

UberTaxPro

Sponsor
I have dehydrated a few times not wanting to drink water. This isn't good long term I agree. Can't move out because can't show proof of income. I get it. BUT money?
Its great part-time or in between gigs or maybe full time if your one of those maniacs that can work almost 24/7. Otherwise, its BEER MONEY....feels great going in but comes out just as fast!

TeleSki

It's been working out pretty well for me..Hourly seems to be going up the last few weeks. Netted $110 last night in 5 hours, only doing 5 rides. Hard to find a job doing that working the hours I want to work (I have to work around a full-time and other part-time job).

UberDC

Can't show proof of income? So those invoices you get from Uber...that show how much you make...are...???

UberDC

I would keep looking. How many benefits do you get with Uber? 401K, profit sharing, health ins., vacation?

mizzrock

Uber is for stupid old men. Young female:
1. Shouldn't be lazy.
2. Should be studying.
3. Could be wife/mother.
Why can't I be lazy? I'm in college getting my bachelor's but I have bills still????? And that wife thing or mother whatchamacallit is really 1950s....

MikeB

Why can't I be lazy? I'm in college getting my bachelor's but I have bills still????? And that wife thing or mother whatchamacallit is really 1950s....
What? Why can't you be lazy? What a stupid question is it? You've answered it in your reply: "I have bills still". Let's see who wins this game of question marks in one post? 1950s is when I was born, get it?

mizzrock

What? Why can't you be lazy? What a stupid question is it? You've answered it in your reply: "I have bills still". Let's see who wins this game of question marks in one post? 1950s is when I was born, get it?
Yes therefore I use Lyft/Uber as a means of income while attending university.

MikeB

Yes therefore I use Lyft/Uber as a means of income while attending university.
Income? Don't kid yourself, kiddo. You know that you're trading your car's equity off. I'm sure you didn't buy this car for cash. And now when you've depriciated it to the point it's out of warranty all these repairs are straight from your pocket. And if you get into accident this game is over.

mizzrock

Income? Don't kid yourself, kiddo. You know that you're trading your car's equity off. I'm sure you didn't buy this car for cash. And now when you've depriciated it to the point it's out of warranty all these repairs are straight from your pocket. And if you get into accident this game is over.
Well seeing as how I have 70k miles left until the warranty is over I'm ok and seeing as how the only bills I have are car note and insurance. I'd say my marginal profits pay those bills.