Everyone Dead? Or suffocated by masks?

NGOwner

Haven't driven since early March.

Might try my hand over the Memorial Day weekend. See what (if anything) that brings. Without the possibility of an airport run, Uber's lower suburban rates, and Lyft's dropping of Kansas rates to Uber's old rates, I'm not really all that motivated yet.

And when did Lyft drop their Kansas rates? I missed that event in the past two months. Short sighted iceholes. The higher rates were the only reason to prefer Lyft over Uber in Kansas as a driver. What does Lyft bring to the table now besides totally redonkulous pickup distances and hood rats?

[NG]Owner

jfinks

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Might try my hand over the Memorial Day weekend. See what (if anything) that brings. Without the possibility of an airport run, Uber's lower suburban rates, and Lyft's dropping of Kansas rates to Uber's old rates, I'm not really all that motivated yet.

And when did Lyft drop their Kansas rates? I missed that event in the past two months. Short sighted iceholes. The higher rates were the only reason to prefer Lyft over Uber in Kansas as a driver. What does Lyft bring to the table now besides totally redonkulous pickup distances and hood rats?

[NG]Owner
Ya I've been delivery only, DD and Eats for about 3 months. Actually pretty good, a lot less miles, tips are much better. The best part of food delivery is knowing mileage and locations before accepting. I don't see myself giving many rides until rideshare does the same and I recommend everyone else to do the same.

I turn Lyft on every once and a while as kind of a test. Lets see how far away the first pickup is..... Usually 13-20 minutes away. I am by JCCC, and typically get requests in Grandview, Plaza, Waldo, far south OP/Olathe, even get requests close to Legends.... Not gonna do it. One night I was curious where the riders are going so I texted them. Actually the rides were decent and they offered 20$ to come get them. But not gonna do it and get stuck 30 miles from home with no new rides.

Lyft lowered rates on KS side right at the start of all this, bad timing since I probably would have taken some of those trips at KS rates.

I know riders are having a tough time getting rides because some nights I turn app on and see what rides/names come in. Typically get a name multiple times popping up, even 10-20 minutes later.

jfinks

Turned Lyft on about an hour ago and got 3 requests in a row less than 10 min away. I wasn't ready to drive so ignored but getting closer. Lyft doesn't have a mask policy yet, so might try that.

MadTownUberD

The Trendy Transporter
Ya I've been delivery only, DD and Eats for about 3 months. Actually pretty good, a lot less miles, tips are much better. The best part of food delivery is knowing mileage and locations before accepting. I don't see myself giving many rides until rideshare does the same and I recommend everyone else to do the same.

I turn Lyft on every once and a while as kind of a test. Lets see how far away the first pickup is..... Usually 13-20 minutes away. I am by JCCC, and typically get requests in Grandview, Plaza, Waldo, far south OP/Olathe, even get requests close to Legends.... Not gonna do it. One night I was curious where the riders are going so I texted them. Actually the rides were decent and they offered 20$ to come get them. But not gonna do it and get stuck 30 miles from home with no new rides.

Lyft lowered rates on KS side right at the start of all this, bad timing since I probably would have taken some of those trips at KS rates.

I know riders are having a tough time getting rides because some nights I turn app on and see what rides/names come in. Typically get a name multiple times popping up, even 10-20 minutes later.
Transported my last pax on March 15. Started Eats about 3 weeks ago. I like it so far...not as interesting as dealing with people, but it pays way better and you're not under the microscope like you are when driving pax around. But my sick and twisted side actually enjoyed kicking people out, etc.

Question: Does Eats still show you all that info even if you're only Uber Pro blue? I'm unlikely to keep Gold at the end of July.

jfinks

Yes, eats and door dash both show, current location, restaurant location and delivery destination. Now sometimes it can be deceiving because exact addresses aren't shown so you have to look at mileage also.

Crosbyandstarsky

[NG]Owner
I heard that but checked my account and I’m getting paid same about 10 percent more on lyft