Everyone at DTW Picking Up

nameless313

Everyone at dtw i hope you see this because this is important!

1. GO OFFLINE, park where you park and wait. go offline until the queue goes to 1 car and surges. it does this every single time within 2 minutes of 1 car in queue.
2. this way you will not receive requests from outside of the airport, because you will be offline, and queue will move down much faster and begin to surge quickly.
3. many people at airport already do this, thats why people sit in the lots before and after you park and wait for your queue call. look around the lot. "HI, we are all offline and waiting for surge, join us!"
4. all of your rides from dtw will then be 2x surge, which means you receive double the amount per ride, and not doing this like we do hurts us all as drivers, and is directly effecting us by making us wait for you to now go away before surge kicks back up.
5. EVERYONE PAYS 2X for pickups. it is still cheaper than any taxi, its still very reasonable rate. so just go offline until it surges. the more people that do it the better for us all!

6. if you go online and surge goes away. go back offline. it will jump right back up, every time, every day within 2 minutes of queue showing 1 car.

if you are not doing this already, you are throwing your car away in hazardous conditions for absolutely no reason.

if you didnt know this method, now you know why we all sit in lot watching netfix and are not worried about being kick out of queue from outside airport requests. now you know.

NOW YOU KNOW WHY YOU SEE NO CARS IN QUEUE AND RUN DOWN TO AIRPORT FRANTICALLY FOR A 2X SURGE BUT NEVER GET THE RIDE. YOU ARE CAUSING THE SURGE TO GO AWAY BY DRIVING TO AIRPORT WITH YOUR APP ON!

if everyone reads this and doesnt do the same, than you are directly affecting the rest of the drivers at airport and the way the chose to run their uber business, which is for a profit. uber doesnt care, there is nothing illegal about it and its smart. make $30 per ride to ann arbor instead of $15. everyone pays it, i still receive plenty of tips and my rating is high as well. plus i can afford new tires for snow storm weather.

EVERYONE BE SAFE!

Chris1962

So sit for a couple hours or so waiting for the queue to empty watching Netflix hoping for that $30 ride while I do 3 - $15 rides.

I only do the airport when I drop off somebody and when I do I want a ride out as soon as possible. I'm not going to sit there for 2 hours because you think I should.

nameless313

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
So sit for a couple hours or so waiting for the queue to empty watching Netflix hoping for that $30 ride while I do 3 - $15 rides.

I only do the airport when I drop off somebody and when I do I want a ride out as soon as possible. I'm not going to sit there for 2 hours because you think I should.
I do not hope for a 2x fare. I get them Brah.
You do what you want. Undercut us for half price and be a d1ck about it. Good for you. I'm not running 3 Ann arbor rides for 45 bucks. I run 2 for 60. And I've never sat for 2 hours. If you want to be a uber troll good for you. I'm explaining how you can make more and we can all benefit. I am not here to fix stubborn. I am here sharing knowledge.

kboy3

Airport isn't what it was anymore. I just catch a ride if I'm forced there angry get out asap

nameless313

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
That's true. A lot more people at Airport used to do this. It would be great if everyone got it. Try for a half an hour you guys you will see it's a better way to make money off your rides. Too many noobs don't know they can easily get 2x and I want to show them it's not hard to do. Or just jump in queue and role out. Just trying to help here! Most of the time you guys are sitting for half an hour anyway in queue. And getting kicked offline from ignoring local requests. Try sitting OFFLINE for that half hour. Regardless I'm providing a little insight if people didn't know about this method

Chris1962

Everybody runs THEIR business like they want. I agree with kboy. I don't want to be there to begin with but not leaving empty if I have to go there. Last couple times I have been there has been 25 or more in the queue. Sitting there with my app off just moves more folks in ahead of me as they come in. I can go get 2-3x surge any number of places without having to play the app. Sitting at the airport hoping for a surge only makes me miss out on others elsewhere. Not trying to be a dick by any means, just being honest. I make more money with my app on.

Chris1962

So let me see, we disagree with how you want us to run our business' and now we are haters and you leave the forum for it.