Every event should be FIFO imo.

Ubernic

I say this because I watch the lazy or late to the party show up at events where a group of us are waiting for a ping, it starts surging well, and some guy just getting off the freeway gets it. This is more a problem with places like Del Mar because we can't stage right next to the pickup spot, or at least we aren't supposed to. I watched a guy get off the freeway, drive by and get picked up for a 2.4 surge. All because he was driving right next to the pickup at the right time. If it was FIFO we could make out much better, and a bit more fair imo. Tired of seeing the guys show up late and luck out.

DriverX

I say this because I watch the lazy or late to the party show up at events where a group of us are waiting for a ping, it starts surging well, and some guy just getting off the freeway gets it. This is more a problem with places like Del Mar because we can't stage right next to the pickup spot, or at least we aren't supposed to. I watched a guy get off the freeway, drive by and get picked up for a 2.4 surge. All because he was driving right next to the pickup at the right time. If it was FIFO we could make out much better, and a bit more fair imo. Tired of seeing the guys show up late and luck out.
It's your fault. You're surrounding yourself with the competition. Move away from the pack, stay offline until it surges over 2x and then go online and wait. I get pings out of the track from solana beach or cardiff regularly when its busy. The last thing you want is a FIFO at every event. You would lose all control over getting a surge like at SAN now. Do some research on better strategies for driving. Calling for a FIFO because your not getting surge is about the worst idea I've heard.

Ubernic

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
How is that like a millenial? I am not a millenial, nor do I think I am entitled to anything. I come from the days where if you got in line first for something, you deserve that, you put in the time to get that priority. The way it is now it's a shut show, luck, and dangerous risks to get rides. Every time there aren't Uber employees at Del Mar, Black & Select cars park in the pickup zone and block it so we can't even get in to pick people up. They do this because they want to be closest for pings, if it was FIFO they wouldn't have to.

Ubernic

It's your fault. You're surrounding yourself with the competition. Move away from the pack, stay offline until it surges over 2x and then go online and wait. I get pings out of the track from solana beach or cardiff regularly when its busy. The last thing you want is a FIFO at every event. You would lose all control over getting a surge like at SAN now. Do some research on better strategies for driving. Calling for a FIFO because your not getting surge is about the worst idea I've heard.
No, you could control the surge better if you use the rider app and time it right. I just don't think randoms should get good rides just because they exited the freeway at the right time.

I also don't need it to surge, I'll take any ride I get compensated well on the platforms I do outside of X. It's a different game for me actually, because I do show up early and get very irritated when I watch the rider app and I am the only one there, it starts to surge which is great on my platform, no rides yet. Then some random speeding up the 5, exits, and turns left on Jimmy gets the ping. If it was FIFO I would have it. Yesterday I left Del Mar with zero pings. First time that has happened to me.

Last edited:

Ubernic

Well, you thought you were entitled to that 2.5x ping that some other driver got. This game is not about who got to where first. It's about who is closest to the pax. If your not out there cutting throats to get your $$ expect yours to be cut.
If someone shows up to wait in line for something, for anythinh, they deserve said thing first. That's how it works, right now Uber is a random [email protected]@@@ of luck, which is why I suggested FIFO. An entitled millenial would think he deserves it just because, not because he worked for it or put in time. Your whole entitled BS just makes you look dumb.

DriverX

No, you could control the surge better if you use the rider app and time it right. I just don't think randoms should get good rides just because they exited the freeway at the right time.
THat random was probably me, precisely timing my freeway exit to swoop in on a surge and take that pax from you. I get fat surges outta DMTC all the time, I cancel them unless they are well over 2X becasue traffic in and out of there can take a half hour. You're better off snagging someone from a nearby location in the track surge zone and avoid the cluster @@@@ of noobs and suv or black cars "staging" themselves haha.

Noob driver pulls up 45 minutes early, "Hi Guys is this the staging area? I got here early so I deserve the best ride. I'm going to edge up to that curb as close as I can get and sit here for the next hour with my app online so that I'll be the first to get a 1X ride."

Meanwhile, I'm waiting patiently for those guys to pick off all those sub 2X pax so I can drop in and snag a whopper. It's not like we are just driving up magically at the right time. We are waiting to go online until the time is right.

THey changed the pick up for Uber like 3 times this season, it's better when they have no designated spot IMO, call your pax and work it out. You should be doing that anyway.

Ubernic

The ego on you is ridiculous. I gurantee you never take any rides from me, you don't drive on my platform. My base rides crush your surge rides, my surge rides annihilate your daily earnings.

The other thing, is I watch these guys drive from south with their app on, then get swooped up as they are driving on Jimmy, no skill in that, they aren't waiting offline then turning on the app at the right time.

Last edited:

DriverX

YOu should stick to the airport. It's a dog eat dog world when your outside the confines of the FIFO comfort zone. GL timing those airport surges and enjoy your 45 minute naps while waiting for a $15 trip.

San Diego X

How is that like a millenial? I am not a millenial, nor do I think I am entitled to anything. I come from the days where if you got in line first for something, you deserve that, you put in the time to get that priority.
Exactly. Millennials would be the one's gaming the system because they believe that they are entitled to higher fares by screwing other drivers.

Me, me me.

San Diego X

DriverX you lost all credibility when you were boasting about your fraud tactics. Nobody cares if you clear $40/hour (for 2 hours) by watching the app for 12 hours/day to place your car in a surge zone, while not actually being there.

Why don't you steal some CC's on the internet and buy free gas while you're at it.

What's really pathetic is you come on here with a condescending tone towards other drivers, while you have admitted to cheating them out of their fares.

Andrew Thun

If someone shows up to wait in line for something, for anythinh, they deserve said thing first. That's how it works, right now Uber is a random cluster&%[email protected]!* of luck, which is why I suggested FIFO. An entitled millenial would think he deserves it just because, not because he worked for it or put in time. Your whole entitled BS just makes you look dumb.
Sure, IF there were a "line". But the fact is, there IS NO LINE!! Uber has the system set up so that each rider gets paired with the closest driver at any given moment. They are all about keeping the wait times as low as possable. The only reason there is a FIFO at the airport is because TSA can't have 50 uber/Lyft cars gumming up the flow of traffic around the airport. It's more of a safety thing than a fairness thing.

Besides if your minimum rides are $45, you must be driving Uber SUV. And if that's the case, your playing a different game than the rest of us.

Ubernic

That's my whole point, there is no line, but I think there should be. If they want cars there, ready to pick up, they need to ensure everyone who gets there on time will get a ride. I showed up to Del Mar early, had only one other SUV in the area at the time, people were on their way out he got the first ride. No problem I'll get the next. Meanwhile I'm watching the rider app and I see one guy coming 5 south, another two 5 north. I'm hoping I get the ride before they show. One guy turns on Jimmy, gets picked up, the ping missed me. Then the other two show up, one of them gets the next ping, I got missed again. Meanwhile I am positioning myself closest to the pickup zone. The problem with Del Mar, is it drops the pin right on the track, so sometimes the pickup zone isn't the best place. Anyways, I watched the first guy leave and come back to get another eide, and the tworld of the three other guus that showed up late got rides. I came up empty, even with being in good position and available.

When the pings are determined by chance ans luck at these events, it makes it tough to show up on semi busy days.

DriverX

DriverX you lost all credibility when you were boasting about your fraud tactics. Nobody cares if you clear $40/hour (for 2 hours) by watching the app for 12 hours/day to place your car in a surge zone, while not actually being there.

Why don't you steal some CC's on the internet and buy free gas while you're at it.

What's really pathetic is your come on here with a condescending tone towards other drivers, while you have admitted to cheating them out of their fares.
Don't take you inability to use the tech provided to enhance your profits out on me. You agree with this guy that we should all be cattle prodded into a GD que to beg for whatever scraps Uber throws us. You should be ashamed at how lazy you are. Instead of using your brain and making an effort to be an independent you want the man to tell you what to do. You're an employee at heart, you have no business working as an IC and you are the reason the rate is so low. Your acceptance of the lowest rate they can dish out will do nothing to push higher rates for all ICs. You are the biggest threat to ICs and people with independent spirits and a willingness to embrace capitalism and take smart risks rather than any and all risks that uber hands you.

You will flame out soon complaining all along about the shit rate your willing to drive for and blame other smarter faster more adept drivers for your own shortfalls rather than looking at what you can and should be doing to improve your business.

DriverX

That's my whole point, there is no line, but I think there should be. If they want cars there, ready to pick up, they need to ensure everyone who gets there on time will get a ride. I showed up to Del Mar early, had only one other SUV in the area at the time, people were on their way out he got the first ride. No problem I'll get the next. Meanwhile I'm watching the rider app and I see one guy coming 5 south, another two 5 north. I'm hoping I get the ride before they show. One guy turns on Jimmy, gets picked up, the ping missed me. Then the other two show up, one of them gets the next ping, I got missed again. Meanwhile I am positioning myself closest to the pickup zone. The problem with Del Mar, is it drops the pin right on the track, so sometimes the pickup zone isn't the best place. Anyways, I watched the first guy leave and come back to get another eide, and the tworld of the three other guus that showed up late got rides. I came up empty, even with being in good position and available.

When the pings are determined by chance ans luck at these events, it makes it tough to show up on semi busy days.
Obviously if that keeps happening YOU ARE IN THE WRONG SPOT. MOVE YOUR SLOW A$$ TO A DIFFERENT LOCATION.

It would be insane to keep parking in the same spot whne you are getting skipped. AS I tried to help you with in my first, nicely worded comment. You are surrounded by other SUVs and they are getting the pings but if you looked at the GD rider app like I do, You'd know that. If you studied the ebb and folw of surge patterns everyday as I do You'd understand them and how to take advantage of them. If you tried to master the tech, like I do, instead of being a SLAVE to it you wouldn't be here complaining now.

FIFO prevents surge and freedom of movement and the ability to be flexible. Why don't you just make the whole COUNTY a FIFO zone? since you think thats a better system to reward the lazy AF drivers like you who can't figure out that droning around all day in your grind machine is a LOSING STRATEGY.

NCRBILL

I totally disagree with this. I sit at concerts waiting for my magic surge number to appear. Since I drive XL only at these times I don't turn on until that number appears. It has to be well north of 2.5 to justify me coming on line. If there was a FIFO it more than likely will affect those X drivers more than myself except for those drivers who drive both X and XL at the same time.