Uber Drivers Forum banner

Every Damn time at LAX

3K views 46 replies 30 participants last post by  Nino818 
#1 ·
I time jumping online perfectly and get stuck in the queue at 11-20. Such bull shit!! Been noticing the same at JWA as well. Punishing drivers for being in the right place at the right time?

#9 ·
Haha! Yes! Same with me. I think it goes something like this:

If there's a moderate ratio of drivers to pax, uber can control this (and you) til the cows come home.

If you find yourself in the very fortunate position where there is an avalanche of pax getting off planes and very few drivers and few drivers lurking with the app off, then hooray! You get a surge ride at LAX.

Otherwise, just grab your ankles...

#21 ·
Total 'Fake Surge' manipulation...today, between 12-1pm as I am driving toward the pig pen on Arbor Vitae, about to make a left on Jenny...Airport is surging around 2.4x or 2.5x...the minute I turn left on Jenny, went online, got into the lot...immediately, the surge vanished...typical fUber scamming the drivers.

#29 ·
nope they stopped that long ago
You're half right. It's correct that the 60-minute return policy ended a while ago, but if you drive a super-shortie within the general vicinity of LAX, like to one of the hotels, the system will keep you at the top. I'm pretty sure it's a different mechanism than the old 60-minute rule, but it is a real thing.

#33 ·
The way is to be a XL or select driver and slide from that platform which can remain pingless for up to 4 days of pen survival (per abieu) to the X platform when the surge hits a desirable level. Unfortunately those BMW and Lexus drivers are so desperate for a buck many of them jump in at 1.5 and give the X driver no chance at all but when you're elite you drive a $50,000 car for $1/ mile. Just ask them.

#36 ·
Why don't you wait it out like the rest of us? Are you one of the many that hang around the lot not logged in and just waiting for the surge? This is one of the many reasons LAPD had been cracking down on drivers. All of us want to earn as much as possible but do not let your ambitions get UBER / LYFT thrown out of LAX. Think of the other drivers wanting the same show a bit of courtesy and maybe you will get what you want....

#44 ·
I landed at LAX in the middle of a 2.3 surge (I check surge chaser on Vicksburg.) So I fake dropped off my pax at A even though he was supposed to be dropped at D to get the full horseshoe distance of drive time and didn't get pinged.
That is cheating

Personally I'm happy for people who have honed their craft to the point they can be called elite. It's the charlatans I can do without.
Most of us aren't Latan, what are you talking about?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.