Ever wonder why we can’t see rider star ratings?

I just got the following in an email from our corporate overlords. So far as I know, it's a huge lie. The link leads to their home page

I asked Uber about 18 months ago what happened to passenger star ratings when they disappeared and they said it was a matter of confidentiality. Which of course is a huge lie, since I can and have always been able to, see rider ratings in Lyft before I pick them up.

To me it's an issue of safety. There are places where I will drop you off, like the @@@@@@bag triangle (clark/hubbard/kinzie) but I wont pick you up. The last thing i want is a 4 star drunk in the back at closing time.

Attachments

WestSubDriver

Yes, I would like to see where exactly in the ordinance or TNP rules it says this. It can't be non-discrimination as 'pax rating' is not a defined class with regards to discrimination.

Tzogos

Here's the real deal: The Chicago ordinance that passed late last year, giving us airport access included a clause that allows pax to "opt-out" of being rated. What Uber wrote in that email is a lie. Rather than provide an "opt-out" system for pax, they decided to just stop showing drivers the pax ratings all together. Uber can still show us pax ratings if they provided pax with a way to opt-out. Lyft does this. I saw it once before, but don't have the link handy... they have a page for Chicago pax to opt-out of being rated.

You guys are disappointing me be smart please!!!

The only reason uber doesn't show pax rating is money!

Uber is making millions of dollars more by not showing the pax rating, because poor rated passangers were ignored by drivers. Uber was loosing huge number of money on pax rating.

They cannot make money on ignored pick ups. Also ignored pax is more likely to try with competition.

Uber doesn't care of our safety it is all about the money.

Why uber doesn't tip - because they cannot make money on it

Why uber doesn't show pax rating - because they are loosing money on it

Etc.

Remember uber is above competition because of its dirty tactics and manipulation they would never tell you the true, they will always say whatever fits their business model.

Also we rated them poor:

For snapping the doors
For not leaving tips
For bad odor
For being annoying, drunk etc.

My studying show that lyft passangers are rated better because we hope to be tiped. Uber pax are automatically rated poor for not tipping.

AllenChicago

Bingo! if it was ordinance related, lyft would be complying also.

I don't think Uber cares if the passengers are rated or not, as long as you pick them up and take their money. There's no way to fight this.

SMH Uber

The Uber weekly update explained that they can't show rider ratings because a Chicago ordinance prohibits it. Fine. Now explain why you can't show rider ratings in the suburbs. Chicago has no jurisdiction there.
Boom!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Here's the real deal: The Chicago ordinance that passed late last year, giving us airport access included a clause that allows pax to "opt-out" of being rated. What Uber wrote in that email is a lie. Rather than provide an "opt-out" system for pax, they decided to just stop showing drivers the pax ratings all together. Uber can still show us pax ratings if they provided pax with a way to opt-out. Lyft does this. I saw it once before, but don't have the link handy... they have a page for Chicago pax to opt-out of being rated.
This happened a long time before airport pickups