1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Ever tell someone to rate you a 5?

Discussion in 'Ratings' started by DRider85, Mar 20, 2017 at 1:46 PM.

1. DRider85

DRider85 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Now and then someone will ask me if they can have my water. Last week a girl took my water and told me it was the best water ever (not sure how it was.) And I winked at her and asked her if I would get a 5 star. She said she promised me a 5 star and that she would rate me a 6 if she could.

So that's my tactic now. I know most don't want to tip, so if they take a water or something, I'll joke about the 5 star or I'll ask them to rate me a 6 star and get them to laugh. When you mention it, it reinforces them to rate you a 5 instead of forget.

2. Vampoza6192

Vampoza6192 Member

U provide water?.......

3. DRider85

Driving:
    UberX
    Water is the minimum that you should provide. I drove an attractive driver who also drives. She said that a girl rated her a 1 for not having water. The girl pax said she expects to be treated like a princess by drivers.

4. wk1102

wk1102 Well-Known Member

No water.. no chocolates... no magazines... I will let them charge their phone, I even have an iPhone charger (someone left it in my car).

That's it, that is all I am willing to give.

Shangsta, thepanttherlady and iUBERdc like this.
  5. DRider85

Driving:
    UberX
    But u risk getting a 1 star as the girl did. I work nights and after the bar people would like to have a water for their headaches and dehydration.

6. wk1102

wk1102 Well-Known Member

Lol... I'll take that risk.

I have my share of 1s, none are because I didn't have water.

Shangsta and iUBERdc like this.
  7. Jermin8r89

Jermin8r89 Well-Known Member

Lets not spoil the pax. We bring them from point A to point B! Iam not a donation. Im glad im not in san fran cuz i know if i dont spoil them rich priks then they will complain and give me a 1.

Boston has good drivers that dont do that. The paxes here are very reasonable

iUBERdc likes this.
  8. DRider85

Driving:
    UberX
    This chick was upset that I didn't have an aux cable. She screamed and wanted to be the dj.

9. Jermin8r89

Jermin8r89 Well-Known Member

If she did that to me id kick her out.

ridingtheroads and Speedracer415 like this.
  10. steveK2016

steveK2016 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
  11. iUBERdc

iUBERdc Well-Known Member

Are you autistic?

thepanttherlady likes this.
  12. DocT

DocT Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    I hope you didn't "enhance" the water with some nut cream. I doesn't make a woman want you more either.

Honestly, you do what you want to do. You're an independent contractor. You are hurting your fellow drivers by providing such amenities.
    Perhaps one day, as your profits start to decline due to increased driver saturation and lowered fares, you'll realize what you did in the past is a lessons learned experience.

Your pax expect water et al because you are changing the standards by "giving in" to the silver spoon millennial princess. If that is the case, you should offer the Princess dinner with you. After all, she may be expecting that too.

13. steveK2016

steveK2016 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    I ask that question in my mind a lot, never had the heart to ask it out loud... :confused:

iUBERdc, Jagent and DocT like this.