• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Ever notice the street trash in 'low rent' districts?...

DollarFree

The irony in SF is the City paying Mexicans to go into the the black ‘hoods in SF, mostly Projects, and clean up the trash every few weeks.
The residents just drop their trash anywhere they like cos they know none of the rules apply to them, and they don’t have to work, they get free housing, and the immigrants prepared to work for money come in and clean up after them.
If u want to see sparks fly try hiring blacks and Mexicans to work on the same jobsite. It’s not happening.

The Texan

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
You have to account for other factors as well just not the neighborhood or the people that live there. Most poor neighborhoods dont have the street cleaning that a wealthy neighborhood would have. You wonder why a wealthy neighborhood has clean streets and the tress and grass is cut? It’s because they pay for that shit. A poor neighborhood wont get that kind of attention. Dont blame it all on the people.
I live in a nice neighborhood. NO ONE comes around her to pick up trash on the streets!!!!
I have had a lawn for over 25 yrs. IMOW MY OWN GRASS. I don't pay anybody to cut my grass. I do that shit.
We don't put it there in the first place. Of course, I blame the people who litter the trash to the ground in the first place.
Whoever throws it down, they are people, so yes, I do blame the people- who threw it there instead of properly putting it in a trash receptacle.

CJfrom619

I live in a nice neighborhood. NO ONE comes around her to pick up trash on the streets!!!!
I have had a lawn for over 25 yrs. IMOW MY OWN GRASS. I don't pay anybody to cut my grass. I do that shit.
We don't put it there in the first place. Of course, I blame the people who litter the trash to the ground in the first place.
Whoever throws it down, they are people, so yes, I do blame the people- who threw it there instead of properly putting it in a trash receptacle.
You never been to a wealthy area. They have gardeners and street sweeper and people who take care of their property. They dont have that in poor neighborhoods.

Where do you live that you have to throw away your own trash? You dont have garbage men?

25rides7daysaweek

Now just to be clear, I wasn't born with a silver spoon in my mouth. I did however work hard and have 3 different college degrees.
I'm not above anyone else, and I'm driving Uber/Lyft as a bridge job.

But as the thread title states, did you ever notice the huge amount of street trash in the less than desirable neighborhoods?
What is it with these residents, that they just throw their fast food trash, etc. out of the car, or while walking, and just throw it right there on the ground?
My kids don't do this, I nor my wife does this, and never would.

In my neighborhood, there is virtually NO trash on the streets, etc. The city doesn't clean it up, the residents have more respect than that for their streets. Even in the neighborhood- like near the grocery store, etc.- no trash on streets/ground.

That shit is gross, and really looks uncivilized to have discarded daily trash on the streets, sxidewlkds, etc. IMHO

Is your town like this?
I'm driving in chicago and have noticed there's always trash in the streets of the hood. There's also alot of low ratings too. Needless to say they are not my default area for getting requests...

SEAL Team 5

What is it with these residents, that they just throw their fast food trash, etc. out of the car, or while walking, and just throw it right there on the ground?
There's nothing with these people it's just culture. You want to see people throwing trash on every street? Just go down to Mexico, not the resort areas of Mexico like Acapulco, Cancun, Puerto Vallarta or Cabo San Lucas but the residential areas like Sonoyta, Nogales, Juarez or Tiajuana.

We have residential pockets in the metro Phoenix area that look exactly like the trash ridden areas of Mexico.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J San Francisco 1
UbermanSydney Sydney 33
Dddg7 Los Angeles & Orange County 7